• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Sweet Acacia

Migrated topic.
@ Bundleflowerpower

Do you know what time of year is best to get twigs from this plant?
I have some growing nearby that is about 8ft x 6ft x 6ft in size
 
There’s a thorny acacia in my area that grows everywhere. Ranchers and farmers despise it and commonly bulldozer/root plow entire fields of it. One day I collected some root bark from a freshly up rooted tree. It had a very very pungent smell. I have not tested it yet, but I do believe it’s rich in something.
 
TexasTrichocereus said:
There’s a thorny acacia in my area that grows everywhere. Ranchers and farmers despise it and commonly bulldozer/root plow entire fields of it. One day I collected some root bark from a freshly up rooted tree. It had a very very pungent smell. I have not tested it yet, but I do believe it’s rich in something.

Look up cats claw acacia
 
Chimp Z said:
@ Bundleflowerpower

Do you know what time of year is best to get twigs from this plant?
I have some growing nearby that is about 8ft x 6ft x 6ft in size

Idk, it depends maybe where you live. Where I live there’s only a shot winter so maybe any time of year.
 
The other day, a friend and I went for a road trip to the southern Louisiana coast, in St. Mary parish, just north of Marsh Island, at a state park on Vermilion Bay. I found Sweet Acacia growing right next to salt water. I also found bundleflowers growing on the back side of the beach in the longish grass. So apparently, both bundleflowers and sweet acacia can grow in coastal regions that, recently, from time to time, have been inundated with storm surges from tropical storms and/or hurricanes, as some of the bundleflower plants appeared to be at least a few years old, and the same with the sweet acacias.

I collected many bundleflower seeds, and many sweet acacia seed pods laying on the ground under three or so trees who grow together.
 
..that's great to imagine that scene, bundleflowerpower..i'd envisage bundleflower is good for dune stabilisation..acacias do well with allied companion plants (both bolstering and sharing each other's rhyzobium network, and generally increasing the community 'vibe' in the immediate environment) ..

Acacia (vachellia) farnesiana sure is an interesting one...with such wide distribution there are likely sub species too...this is one I think should be fast tracked for Nexus analysis..

also, Justintime, how's those little trees going?
 
nen888 said:
..that's great to imagine that scene, bundleflowerpower..i'd envisage bundleflower is good for dune stabilisation..acacias do well with allied companion plants (both bolstering and sharing each other's rhyzobium network, and generally increasing the community 'vibe' in the immediate environment) ..

Acacia (vachellia) farnesiana sure is an interesting one...with such wide distribution there are likely sub species too...this is one I think should be fast tracked for Nexus analysis..

also, Justintime, how's those little trees going?

Well the beach is on a protected bay, behind a large barrier island. I wonder if bundleflowers grow on the actual coast itself with beaches and dunes.
 
I've been getting to know Sweet Acacia for a year or so. I started with some root bark made into a mild tea (think normal herbal tea). I've experienced it several times now like that and discovered that its certainly active alone. Yesterday i created a brew with about 2 g of stem bark and several other plants. I like it better as a stand alone plant. It's something like ayahusca in one plant. It seems to me that Sweet Acacia may contain mesculine, or perhaps an undiscoved psychedelic. I think I read somewhere once that someone found mesculine in it.

Im very exited about continuing to heal with Sweet Acacia. It's spirit and energies are amazing and wise like Mother Ayahuasca and the other master plants. I can see myself healing others with this plant.

In fact id like to acknowledge the traditional ayahuasca plants and the shamans for keeping ayausca alive in the present time so id desire to take sweet acacia medicine in the first place.
Hello, how are you? I hope you're doing well!

I'm surrounded by this plant, but I've received mixed opinions on whether it's possible to extract the philosophical salts from Vachellia farnesiana.

That being said, what other medicinal uses could it have?

For some reason, this plant is here.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences so that others can also learn!
EDIT: Some people say thts its difficult to obtain the salt (dimeti)

Edit:
 
I've been getting to know Sweet Acacia for a year or so. I started with some root bark made into a mild tea (think normal herbal tea). I've experienced it several times now like that and discovered that its certainly active alone. Yesterday i created a brew with about 2 g of stem bark and several other plants. I like it better as a stand alone plant. It's something like ayahusca in one plant. It seems to me that Sweet Acacia may contain mesculine, or perhaps an undiscoved psychedelic. I think I read somewhere once that someone found mesculine in it.

Im very exited about continuing to heal with Sweet Acacia. It's spirit and energies are amazing and wise like Mother Ayahuasca and the other master plants. I can see myself healing others with this plant.

In fact id like to acknowledge the traditional ayahuasca plants and the shamans for keeping ayausca alive in the present time so id desire to take sweet acacia medicine in the first place.
Hello, how are you? I have this plant nearby; it grows in several places near my house. Is it safe to make a tea with it? I was thinking of extracting 5-MeO-DMT from it or simply placing it in an acidic solution and then heating it like a tea. What do you think?
Letting it sit in lemon juice for several hours or days.
 
Back
Top Bottom