• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Secret-Alchemist Club Anti-Nausea Shot

Migrated topic.
Voidmatrix said:
Hahahaha, no you're not a wuss at all. It's got a kick. Especially once you add the essential oils (make sure you're using ones that are safe to ingest).

I drank a shot 15 minutes prior to a changa journey today. I eyeball it, so it's probably not a full shot. But just kick it back, so by the time you're thinking about how hot it is, it's already in your stomach.

One love
Thanks for the response. I just looked at the labels of the few essential oils I have and they say “not for internal use” :x . Are there special essential oils that are labeled as safe for ingestion? Where does one find those?

igorcarajo said:
Voidmatrix said:
Hahahaha, no you're not a wuss at all. It's got a kick. Especially once you add the essential oils (make sure you're using ones that are safe to ingest).

I drank a shot 15 minutes prior to a changa journey today. I eyeball it, so it's probably not a full shot. But just kick it back, so by the time you're thinking about how hot it is, it's already in your stomach.

One love
Thanks for the response. I just looked at the labels of the few essential oils I have and they say “not for internal use” :x . Are there special essential oils that are labeled as safe for ingestion? Where does one find those?

I use doterra oils. They're wonderful

One love

Most essential oils will say not to consume them. Doesn't mean they're not safe to ingest, so long as the oils you have are 100% pure and therapeutic grade, they can be ingested. Some oils are not safe to ingest though, like Tea Tree Oil for example. But i've regularly consumed Citrus oils as well as individual terpenes and some other essential oils for like the past 6 years, no problems noticed. I just put the drops of oil into a capsule and take it, i don't dilute it or anything.

ShamensStamen said:
Most essential oils will say not to consume them. Doesn't mean they're not safe to ingest, so long as the oils you have are 100% pure and therapeutic grade, they can be ingested. Some oils are not safe to ingest though, like Tea Tree Oil for example. But i've regularly consumed Citrus oils as well as individual terpenes and some other essential oils for like the past 6 years, no problems noticed. I just put the drops of oil into a capsule and take it, i don't dilute it or anything.

If I'm not mistaken, safety regarding ingesting essential oils centers around method of extraction and quality of starting material, so I agree that many are safe to ingest. Doterra makes their's for ingestion.

Out my own curiosity, what brand are the ones you ingest ShamensStamen?

One love

Well there's a brand on ebay called Rewarding Essentials, and i've been buying them for a good few years, so that's mainly the brand i stick to. For the most part though, i don't particularly care about brand so long as product and seller reviews are good and the quality of the oil is good and pure. I have bought some Doterra oils before though, as well as a brand called Plant Therapy iirc. Mainly now a days though i tend to stick to isolated terpenes but i do indeed love full spectrum Lemon EO for example.

FWIW I used "now" brand essential oils (Lavender, Peppermint, Clove and Lemon). They worked well and I suffered no ill effects.

Also, I've used this recipe with my mescaline the last three times and have had some powerful experiences. Others have dosed a similar or a bit less of the same full spec mescaline acetate, but without the anti-nausea shots and all described much milder experiences. I'm wondering if these shots might potentiate mescaline.

Clove Oil (Eugenol):

Lavender Oil:

Wolfnippletip said:
FWIW I used "now" brand essential oils (Lavender, Peppermint, Clove and Lemon). They worked well and I suffered no ill effects.

Also, I've used this recipe with my mescaline the last three times and have had some powerful experiences. Others have dosed a similar or a bit less of the same full spec mescaline acetate, but without the anti-nausea shots and all described much milder experiences. I'm wondering if these shots might potentiate mescaline.

Clove Oil (Eugenol):

Lavender Oil:
Yes because essential oils are full of terpenes. Often people would eat a mango or two before smoking weed to enhance the high because of the myrcene content, but little do they know a drop or two of lemongrass essential oil is like 10 or more mangoes of myrcene.

Why take this immediately after dosing, wouldn't it make more sense to take it half an hour before or so, then you can be sure its latched onto receptors before your dose?

Wolfnippletip said:

Clove Oil (Eugenol):

Lavender Oil:
A quick look over the Eugenol wiki claims that it inhibits MAO-A/B. That'd explain it potentiating them.

m3dt3ch said:
Why take this immediately after dosing, wouldn't it make more sense to take it half an hour before or so, then you can be sure its latched onto receptors before your dose?

That's just the way I've always done it. With cactus, maybe such that it maximizes the effective anti-nausea duration through the 3-4 hour come up... It also clears the syrup taste out pretty well too as a chaser. With mushroom tea, i like the idea of having the ginger juice and oils BLENDED IN to to the tea, so its there with it as its absorbed.

I've simply never tried it 20-40min BEFORE dosing, but I agree, that is a good idea, and makes sense :)

Perhaps next time I'll give this approach a try! Will be interesting to see how it affects both cactus syrup and/or mushroom tea. Even if doing this, I would still mix a lil ginger juice in WITH the mushroom tea though, just for good measure, and so its all there together during digestion.

(y)😁

Last edited:
CosmicLion said:
m3dt3ch said:

That's just the way I've always done it. With cactus, maybe such that it maximizes the effective anti-nausea duration through the 3-4 hour come up... It also clears the syrup taste out pretty well too as a chaser. With mushroom tea, i like the idea of having the ginger juice and oils BLENDED IN to to the tea, so its there with it as its absorbed.

I've simply never tried it 20-40min BEFORE dosing, but I agree, that is a good idea, and makes sense :)

Perhaps next time I'll give this approach a try! Will be interesting to see how it affects both cactus syrup and/or mushroom tea. Even if doing this, I would still mix a lil ginger juice in WITH the mushroom tea though, just for good measure, and so its all there together during digestion.

:thumb_up: 😁
Tried this, took it before a dose of San Pedro syrup. I just grated store-bought ginger root and squeezed the juice into a shot-glass with my hands, then added doTERRA lemon, clove and peppermint. Was expecting it to be really gross, nauseating and strong to take itself but actually it was quite tasty and didn't make me feel sick at all. Unlike ginger and lemon teabags I tried before, which made me nearly vomit in the mug, and ginger extract tablets that didn't really work. I took this shot about half an hour before consuming enough syrup to give me nausea, and I ended up completely unable to tell I had taken it at all. Literally zero nausea. Really happy I've finally found this info, thank you.

UPDATE:
Tried it again, this time immediately following dosing. Before definitely worked better, the essential oils hitting my throat whilst already feeling sick from dosing made things far worse and I didn't feel like it took any action in preventing nausea. Definitely getting this down 20 minutes before and letting it settle has been better for achieving its desired effect, at least in my experience.

I love this idea, thanks for the tip @CosmicLion.
I am wondering: Why ginger juice instead of ginger essential oil, as the peppermint and lemon are also already EO's? Might be more convenient for someone like me if you don't have a juicer.
Alternatively, how much gram of raw ginger would be enough to have the desired results? Can't seem to find clear information on that. Thanks!

I love this idea, thanks for the tip @CosmicLion.
I am wondering: Why ginger juice instead of ginger essential oil, as the peppermint and lemon are also already EO's? Might be more convenient for someone like me if you don't have a juicer.
Alternatively, how much gram of raw ginger would be enough to have the desired results? Can't seem to find clear information on that. Thanks!
Fresh ginger juice contains active conpounds that are not preserved by drying, nor are they carried over into the essential oil, iirc. Just to answer one part of your question and reflect on @m3dt3ch's observations.

PS - using a piece around the size of your thumb segment is a reasonable guide. A rule of thumb, if you like :)

For those not familiar with home-juicing without a juicer... It's worth mentioning....

Can just take your ginger, finely chop it into little pieces, and mix it with a little bit of cool water and run it well through a good blender... Then just strain it through a cheese cloth, old shirt, etc....

Such as a "thumb" of ginger in 1/2 a cup of water or so... I found it easier to use a cup of water, with several 'thumbs' of ginger, to have enough to use, then also some to save for later...

Can be nice to have a few ginger-shots in the fridge ready to go

:)

Last edited:
It's ok to take essential oils internally? I thought it was more intended for external use and tinctures were internal? Would a chamomile essential oil have the same benefits as chamomile tea when taken orally?

It's ok to take essential oils internally? I thought it was more intended for external use and tinctures were internal? Would a chamomile essential oil have the same benefits as chamomile tea when taken orally?

Yeah you can take essential oils/terpenes orally, though encapsulate them don't drink em'. You only really need up to say 10 drops of so of any particular essential oil or terpene, ime. I haven't tried Chamomile EO and only tried tea a few times though, but it may have a similar effect to tea, it just depends on if the beneficial compounds are in the essential oil or not. But i've taken quite a few different essential oils and it's never been any issue for me.

It's ok to take essential oils internally? Would a chamomile essential oil have the same benefits as chamomile tea?

I also just add drops straight to my ginger juice.

I've been using peppermint oil directly into my mushroom tea since 2005... And been using the anti-nausea shot method since about 2014...

With the shot, I mix the oils in with the ginger juice and take it as a chaser after consuming cactus syrup...
With mushroom tea I usually mix the ginger juice and oils directly into the tea before drinking, although sometimes I'll also take it as a chaser-shot instead.

For years now, I have preferred the simplified version... with just the Lemon + Peppermint EO's with the ginger juice. Works swimmingly for my purposes.

I am zero percent concerned about taking some Lemon and Peppermint EO's with my trips... It helps substantially and I only do it when I trip, which is 1-2x a month MAX... more like once every 2-3 months... lately 2-3x a year. I would be far more worried about regularly dumping a poisonous gut-destroying solvent (alcohol) into my body than I would be about any GI-tract harshness of drinking these oils on occasion.

But yes, some oils you can consume, others are not great to consume... and any oil that is consumed should be of high quality or consumable grade... Sometimes its explicitly stated as such...

If I was looking into using any specific oil for medicinal purposes daily, I would personally do a deeper dive into the safety profile of that specific oil with daily long term use.

In regards to Chamomile... As with any plant, it depends on the active compounds and if they are or are not contained in the oil of the plant... and if the oil of that plant is in-fact safe to consume orally with any kind of regularity. Both of these factors will vary plant to plant. A large proportion of plants will not have their targeted medicinal compounds extracted into an essential oil...

And just a reminder to anyone following the thread... no one is forcing you to join The Secret Alchemist Club ... 😅 ... if tossin oils w/ ginger juice is where you draw the line, no hard feelings. Meanwhile I'll continue to enjoy my nausea free trips...

;)

llama2.jpg
Figure 1 - A Llamaloid enjoying Ginger and EO Infused mushroom tea

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom