onethousandk
Rising Star
I've had the opportunity to use a small variety of psychedelics and while each has it's own unique flavor, one thing I've been a bit surprised at (and a bit disappointed in I'll admit) is that I haven't had much in the way of colorful mental images. I have only limited experience with DMT (one non-breakthrough trip) and ayahuasca (2 mid ranged trips), but even these have failed to contain the color landscape that many associate with psychedelics. My smoked DMT trip in particular was stark in that it was only black and white imagery (checkerboard patterned). My ayahuasca trips were more than than two colors, but even then it wasn't what I would call vivid (very shimmering, deep deep purples/blues). I think they may have something to do with the way I think in the general. Even as a child my dreams (those which I can remember) weren't in...I dunno... high definition if you will. Even though I paint, the idea I'm working from in my head is never very definite. I have a strong imagination, but it's very conceptual and not very visual (I'm a better writer than I am a painter).
I'm curious if anyone else has run into this or has any ideas on how to work on moving past this. It feels like a place that I could grow from with a bit of intention.
Beyond that I'd be curious to read about anyone else's visual landscape if they care to share.
I'm curious if anyone else has run into this or has any ideas on how to work on moving past this. It feels like a place that I could grow from with a bit of intention.
Beyond that I'd be curious to read about anyone else's visual landscape if they care to share.