• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Watering down Salvia D. tincture - will it decrease absorption?

Migrated topic.

Nydex

The Lizard Wizard
Staff member
Donator
Hi friends,

I want to water down the tincture before holding it in my mouth because holding 95% ethanol in there for like 30 minutes sounds like a very bad idea... I'm even pretty sure rOm told me this created a wound in his mouth, so I was wondering if I water the tincture down a little bit just to reduce the concentration to volume ratio of alcohol would it reduce the absorption rate at all? Will I lose out on potency by throwing water in the mix?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Although I haven't used a tincture, based on my experience with quids and enhanced salvinorin powders, I'd say it will not hurt potency at all.

I think it's commonly suggested to dilute tinctures with water to help prevent discomfort.

The only downside should be that you have to hold more liquid in your mouth.

Good luck!

Do the tincture undiluted, swish with saliva vigorously, swallow small volumes of saliva bolus over @5-10min. Just like quidding, short, tight swallows of "salvinorin" enhanced saliva, over 5-10min will
bring the "shy deer".

Peace

Legarto Rey said:
Do the tincture undiluted, swish with saliva vigorously, swallow small volumes of saliva bolus over @5-10min. Just like quidding, short, tight swallows of "salvinorin" enhanced saliva, over 5-10min will
bring the "shy deer".

Peace
Hmm, I thought Salvinorin A isn't absorbed well through the stomach, hence why people quid it, smoke it, or make it into a tincture. Have I missed something?

Nydex said:
Hmm, I thought Salvinorin A isn't absorbed well through the stomach, hence why people quid it, smoke it, or make it into a tincture. Have I missed something?

I think Legarto Ray is alluding to the fact that the salvinorin gets absorbed through the gums rather quickly, and also in areas at the back of the throat. So small swallows will also work.

In my quidding experience, I notice the first effects within 5-10 minutes and the trip really gets going by about 12 minutes.

When we made the enhanced powder discussed here, the come-on time was even quicker.

Although I haven't tried a tincture myself, I assume that since you can completely skip the steps of chewing leaves or letting the powder liquefy, the effects can come on even quicker. So holding the ethanol in your mouth for long periods of time may be entirely unnecessary.

You're right that it isn't absorbed well through the stomach, so you need to use a LOT for that ROA.

Legarto Rey said:
swish with saliva vigorously
Nydex, swirl the tincture around the inside of your mouth, a small portion at a time. Maximum skin surface contact inside your mouth is key. Your saliva should dilute the ethanol sufficiently.

I put the amount of tincture I want to use in a small shot glass, add some honey and a little warm water to make a slurry like consistency. Works fine like this and is fairly pleasant to hold in the mouth. Make sure to swish against the cheeks and all up towards the back of the tongue. I also brush my teeth and tongue well beforehand. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom