• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What does your User name mean to you? And Why?

Migrated topic.
I chose this name, because i had to curb my abuse of drugs and alcohol to stay sane. and its also about curbing my addictiveness in general and to hold greater importance on taking things or doing things for a specific purpose or goal.

I thought mine was pretty good wordplay :D also, didn't want to use any of my other aliases to keep anonymous.

And as a kicker, I get to hijack this superman symbol with the trippy blue background.

Win-win :thumb_up:

I got my name from the marvel universe.

I am a night owl, have been most of my life. Part of the reason is in my formative years I used to stay up all night tripping. Then there was working second shifts, performing in rock bands and partying all night. Now I still stay up all night, but my activities are confined to working, watching movies, and Internet surfing.

I often feel as if my own thoughts restrict me from reaching a higher consciousness. Like the answer is hidden among a maze of thoughts thats scope I can't comprehend. So I honestly feel lost in thought when ever I meditate, unable to shut them up completely.

LostInThought said:
I often feel as if my own thoughts restrict me from reaching a higher consciousness. Like the answer is hidden among a maze of thoughts thats scope I can't comprehend. So I honestly feel lost in thought when ever I meditate, unable to shut them up completely.

That is the classic challenge to the student of meditation. My yoga teacher called it the "Monkey Mind". Always bring your consciousness back to the breath. Another way to express it is to "try without trying".

13 years ago in design school, in typography we got the assigment to create 7 Logos for 7 names based on one letter.
Refering to the 7 Samurai (which i found actually quite boring at that time), i created the 7 Ronin. I never felt much than bewilderment and repulsion for the strange devote subservience of the Samurai, and reading much about Myamoto Musashi, i found the individual freethinking lifestyle of the romantic Ronin much more appealling.

I chopped the Letter R into pieces and assembled them to make it look like an Kanji sign. 7 Japanese sounding names starting with the letter R + 7 fantasy R based kanjis. I printed them on ricepaper and made a small bocklet using japanese bookbinding technics. Got an 1 (Grade A) for it.

I adopted the best sounding name Ryusaki as my alter ego, and found out that this was actually a real japanese name.
Nevertheless the 7 Ronin meme kind of stuck.
I had always envisioned to make something with them. An Comic/Manga, a painting, an animation short...something. The image below is the only thing.
They are very close and important to me i just found out while writing about it. Thanks for reminding me.
They are basicly all symbolic representations of me.
Ryusaki is the ego or the spokesmen.

Attachments

• 140520-0001.jpg
    140520-0001.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
My nick (properly spelled "Dis-moi tout" ) means 'tell me everything' (French).
Some sort of a backronym, one could say.
It says a lot about my expectations of DMT, I guess. 😉

I usually go by the moniker "cuber" on other forums. This was the first username I ever adopted when I was still a little kid. In my childhood I spent most of my time playing video games, and since I had no inspiration for a creative name I chose that as a reference to the Gamecube console that had just been released at the time. In my adolescent years, my first and preferred psychedelic was mushrooms, so in a sense this remained a suitable nickname for me :lol:

When I joined the nexus I wanted something different, at first mainly out of anonimity reasons (could care less about that nowadays though).
I chose "ॐ" because psychedelics changed my mindset from a sort of atheist/nihilistic outlook to the complete opposite. Although I am a westerner I feel more affinity with eastern religious traditions, and "Om" for me seemed suitable because it is a mantra signifying the all-encompassing vibration of all things, the ultimate reality, God, whatever you want to call it. I wanted a visual symbol, and I also like to think of it as a kind of metaphor for the vocal/visual synesthesia associated with DMT and other psychedelics.

This is an awesome thread..... I'm sure most of you are familiar with Hermes Trismegistus which means "Thrice Born" Well, other than my birth, there have been two significant moments of rebirth in my life. One being the overcoming of opiate addiction, and the other being the first time I smoked DMT <3 Hence, I was thrice born.

Formulaic is a reference to the idea of there being a Grand Unified Theory of Everything- A formula for all. At the end of the day, everything is Formulaic.

My other pseudonym is Zenfinite. zero infinite. infinity = nothing.

I have been using hardboiled username for a long time... years before finding nexus. I came to it by reading an awesome dystopian scifi comic...yeah you guessed it named Hard Boiled:grin: written by Frank Miller and drawn by Geof Darrow.

"challenge your existence and vision of reality
all your limits and false perceptions (..)
so that as you free yourself from it
you become one with chaos"
volahn (rewritten)

i've been really atracted for years to the dynamics of chaos and it's translations into philosophy but most of all how it reasonates with my own personal growth. so i did this account as i take another step forward :d

JAPAN is like a mashup of my nickname and the business i used to run, an abbreviated version of both that a small amount of people used to refer to me as.(It was actually more like J-PAN) The SAGE comes my love of old wise characters in various manga/folklore. (and the fact that I believe I give out the best wisdom amongst my group of friends!)

DiMoiTou said:
My nick (properly spelled "Dis-moi tout" ) means 'tell me everything' (French).
Some sort of a backronym, one could say.
It says a lot about my expectations of DMT, I guess. 😉

Oh I like that one, very cool acronym and meaning at the same time!

Back
Top Bottom