I have a young daughter. There are many factors that militate against a full-disclosure policy, in my opinion.
As others have mentioned, our culture has stigmatized consumption (sacramental or otherwise), which has circumvented a more healthful framing--one that could promote responsible, perhaps religious, use. In addition, your role as a parent is also your role as an exemplar of trustworthy knowledge and conduct; discussing psychedelics can serve as an endorsement of use, thereby increasing your child's exposure to social and legal risks. Those risks may or may not outweigh foreseeable benefits.
For me and my social history, the number of people that appreciate entheogens qua entheogens is low; since my daughter is my daughter, she is likely to find greater benefit than that wider sampling--nonetheless, I believe the odds are stacked against her finding them as fruitful as I have. In other words, I am not prima facie sure that psychedelics will even produce the consequences (e.g., philosophic inquiry, moral self-appraisal, witnessed interconnectedness, etc.) in her that they have for me.
In addition, I hold a more aristocratic than democratic perspective on use (at least until our culture widely inculcates a responsible, if not reverent, management of psychedelics); that is, what to say and to whom is currently very person-relative and dependent upon circumstances. If your child is bright, has a stable psyche, is emotionally open and personally responsibile, then the discussion can be more frank. If not, I would almost assuredly be entirely tight-lipped about the matter.
Overall, I would not openly advocate use. If I spoke at all, it would be about personal use, my reasons, and the scholarship (historical--i.e., religious traditions, scientific, philosophical) surrounding the subject.
Ultimately, I live incredibly conventionally and hope my daughter will, as well (e.g., live within the fold of a prominent religion, attend college and graduate studies, gain a stimulating professional career, etc.). Those goals, if hindered by full disclosure, would necessarily keep me reserved.