• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Whats in a name?

Migrated topic.

Big Inhale

The Enlightend One
I see a lot of crazy names here Iwas just wondering what your name means. Obviously some are self explanetory but some i just cant figure out.(Infundibulum,jorkest) Mine is obvious. I like to smoke big.So what is up with yours.

to tell you the truth..Jorkest just popped out of my head when i was signing up..must have come from hyperspace;)

Excerpt from Wikipedia;

Tsukahara Bokuden (塚原 卜伝 1489 - 1571) was a famous swordsman of the early Sengoku period. He was widely regarded as a kensei (sword saint). He was the founder of a new Kashima style of fencing, and served as an instructor of Shogun Yoshiteru Ashikaga and Ise provincial governor Tomonori Kitabatake. [1]

In one anecdote, Bokuden was challenged by a mannerless ruffian. When asked about his style, Bokuden replied that he studied the "Style of No Sword." The ruffian laughed and insultingly challenged Bokuden to fight him without a sword. Bokuden then agreed to fight the man without his sword but suggested they row out to a nearby island on Lake Biwa to avoid disturbing others. The ruffian agreed, but when he jumped from the boat to the shore of the island, drawing his blade, Bokuden pushed the boat back out, leaving the ruffian stranded on the island. Bokuden explained, "This is my no-sword school." There is a reference to this legend in the film Enter the Dragon.
Enjoy!

Wikipedia Tsukahara Bokuden

This name just sort of popped into my head upon signing up.

DMTtripn2Space:

DMT trippin to space
DMT trip into space

Thats 2 ways i guess you could take my name for :)

Big Inhale said:
I see a lot of crazy names here Iwas just wondering what your name means. Obviously some are self explanetory but some i just cant figure out.(Infundibulum,jorkest) Mine is obvious. I like to smoke big.So what is up with yours.
lol. "infundibulum" is latin for "funnel". The idea came from the anatomical part in the female reproductive tract of higher animals that is called infundibulum. It is the part of the oviduct where oocytes are ovulated and also fertilised. Sort of like "the place where life begins".

The initial choice was far shallower however; I had to use the term infundibulum quite often at work when I created the account. It is a helluva difficult word to memorise and making it a nickname helped a lot!

Aegle a nymph, one of the daughters of Asclepius the daughter of the Sun. She is said to have derived her name Aegle from the word "Brightness". Her name means radiance and is today used in art to refer to the brightness of color or light.

I thought it was very fitting as my parents called me sunshine girl when i was young and they still call me sunshine or my sunshine as a nickname.

Much Peace

My user name...see I consider myself a poet and in one of my poems I refered to myself as "zero hour"...living here and now...no past no future...the moment when everything that matters is happening. Everything and Nothing. Living always ready for the moment like its the last one left....

if any of that makes any sense

Infundibulum said:
Big Inhale said:
lol. "infundibulum" is latin for "funnel". The idea came from the anatomical part in the female reproductive tract of higher animals that is called infundibulum. It is the part of the oviduct where oocytes are ovulated and also fertilised. Sort of like "the place where life begins".

Fascinating....... :d

Much Peace

Zero_Hour said:
My user name...see I consider myself a poet and in one of my poems I refered to myself as "zero hour"...living here and now...no past no future...the moment when everything that matters is happening. Everything and Nothing. Living always ready for the moment like its the last one left....

if any of that makes any sense

Truly a beautiful meaning behind a user name.

Much Peace

Back
Top Bottom