• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Whats in a name?

Migrated topic.
burnt said:
Ganja. But actually this is the same name SWIM used about a decade ago (wow its been that long already) when SWIM used to go on the shroomery after smoking weed with his friends in highschool and would always be a bit "burnt" out.

Oh kewl, which do you prefer the Sativas or the Indicas? :d

Much Peace

Mine's in memory of a guy called Ziggy I met in a small town in Argentina called Malargue.

He was a really funny French white rasta who interacted with society just about enough to make ends meet and spent the rest of his time getting stoned, skiing and entertaining wide eyed travellers like me.

By some people's definitions he's 'wasted' his life, but he was pretty much the most chilled and content person I've ever met.

MalargueZiggy said:
Mine's in memory of a guy called Ziggy I met in a small town in Argentina called Malargue.

He was a really funny French white rasta who interacted with society just about enough to make ends meet and spent the rest of his time getting stoned, skiing and entertaining wide eyed travellers like me.

By some people's definitions he's 'wasted' his life, but he was pretty much the most chilled and content person I've ever met.

That's a lovely way to keep someone in your memory :d

Much Peace

Balagan is a hebrew word for 'mess' or 'chaos'
A balaganist, is one who creates a balagan..
In modern hebrew balagan can be used to mean chaos and disorder in a positive sense - e.g. when a rave goes off as a heavy tune is dropped!

EXARP is the Enochian Spirit of Air, on the tablet of Spirit. Anyway, that's name which occupied SWIMs mind on one special, special, special mushrooms trip.
It came to me like mantra for that evening...
It was so powerful; it still is...

The King in Yellow is a fictional character created by Robert W. Chambers.
Its also the name of a series of short stories by him.

These writings were a big influence on the Cthulhu Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft.

I'm a big fan of both of the authors.

And "The King in Yellow" in my mind refers the "sun god" or "god's son" that has been worshiped in many forms from Horus to Jesus. Thought I would pay him some homage.

Damiana, aka, Turnera diffusa, a small shrub with fantastically beautiful yellow flowers. Can be used as an aphrodisiac in tea or for smoking for its relaxing effects. Try in changa or with other herbs.

Abraxas - A Gnostic God, like the Christian God, but not omnibenevolent, adopted by the Egyptian Gnostic Basilides, containing the Greek letters Α, Β, Ρ, Α, Ξ, Α, Σ, which, as numerals, amounted to 365.

Abraxas represents the culmination of a three stage development in the human perception of God. The first stage, that God appears undifferentiated. The second stage, the perception of a benevolent Lord and an evil Devil in which each are separated to the point where the Devil is finally banished. The final stage, the integration of the Lord and the Devil, truly accepting (symbolically speaking) that if a divine being were at our healm it would be responsible for all Earthly evil, as well as the good. Abraxas represents the duality of the world.

MalargueZiggy said:

People like this, in my opinion, truly understand happiness. It is different for all, and prescribed by none.

Saidin comes from the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

It is the male half of the True Source (female half being Saidar), which turns the Wheel of Time though the ages.

It has been my avatar though many MMO's, computer games and message boards for at least 10 years :)

antrocles: n, ann troh kleeze..

a combination of the first three letters of my first name and "androcles" from the aesop fable "androcles and the lion". he is the compassionate lad who pulled the thorn from the lion's paw in his youth...then years later, when wrongly accused of a crime and sentenced to be killed via lion in the coliseum, watches as the lion approaches to devour him...however! the lion recognizes him as the person who came to his aid in his time of need and obviously refuses to harm the man...

the lesson is (in aesop-ian succinctness): one good turn deserves another.

aka...kharma baby... :)

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!

Cease practice based
On intellectual understanding,
Pursuing words and
Following after speech.
Learn the backward
Step that turns
Your light inward
To illuminate within.
Body and mind of themselves
Will drop away
And your original face will be manifest.
— Dogen

OD'd on zen in my youth

OF

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

Macre is an acronym of my real name. So my name could be Matt Creek, or Martin Cresswell, or Mark Crespin etc (my name is none of those by the way).

The way you pronounce it is "Mak-rah" rather than "Macca" or "Macray" etc. But at the end of the day Macre is a fictional character, so maybe my name's John Smith 😉

Peace and Happiness and Love and Unity,

John Smith :lol:

PS. I agree with smokeydaze, Aegle = Sunshine. Peeeace :)

What a cool thread,
I love hearing everyones stories behind the name.

Im a soul in a man...simples

Im a Soulmaaan....da da da da da da dada :lol: 8)

Well I encountered Bancopuma in Pablo Amaringo's masterpiece Ayahuasca Visions.

A Bancopuma was depicted there as a powerful dark sorcerer that could shape shift and take the form of a black jaguar. I just thought this was cool and a cool name, and in no way, shape or form do I claim to be, or intend on becoming, a dark sorcerer... :)

Back
Top Bottom