• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What's your opinion on DOC?

Migrated topic.

dragonrider

Staff member
I'm curious, but haven't decided yet whether i realy want to try this stuff, DOC.
If it is realy close to LSD or mescaline as some people say, then it is probably worth trying.

It's primarily shulgins formulation "archetypical psychedelic" that got me curious.
Makes it sound like a high-quality psychedelic. Something, on par with LSD.

But if it is, then why do you hardly ever hear about the stuff?

It's hard to handle as it's active at very low doses.

Volumetric dosing would be a good choice.

Once I vaped about half a milligram of it.

Here's my report I wrote on another site:

So...uhm...in a dream from 1000's of years ago...the DOC was tested this morning. I could imagine that this interests the one or another.

As always, when entering a new dream situation, it was a carefull approach. Cause who likes going like bull at a gate and then end up with an unexpected 16+ hours ride into an unknown direction? Ok...maybe the more adventurous folks would like that. But not the one who tested this in my dream.

What he did there was like ~10mg DOC were dissolved in 20ml ethanol. 1 ml of that solution was filled in a bulb-style vaporizer and left to evaporate.

So...the test was performed with round about 1/2 a milligram. This half milligram was consumed via several hits, spaced out over about 30-45 minutes.

This began at about 9:45am. At 10:45 it clearly felt like a kind of amphetamine was consumed. There was a slight bodyload like on mdma alongside the...I don'tknow how to put it...sharpness of speed + something else.

Something like an ultra-fast flickering effect was added to the vision. The body had slight temperature issues...felt a bit cold and hot at the same time. But nothing bad. Meanwhile a racing game was played on a console (sweaty hands were noticed)...wifey did handicraft stuff...everything was pretty smooth and felt good.

Then a few hits (maybe 3) of vaporized MJ were taken. About 15 minutes later playing became impossible. Sitting too. It hit pretty hard...it was time to lay down on the couch for a while. About 30 minutes couch-time were needed. It didn't felt bad or something....but it was heavy like a rock. With eyes closed it felt a bit like slipping into a dream immediatly. There were no real CEVs but the imagination became vivid as fuck. There was great control over the mental scenes that were displayed. Maybe a bit like how one might imagine lucid dreaming.

Everything alright. The load eased up. A piss was taken. One was set pretty straight again.

From there on things went smoothly...the synthies were switched on...making music flowed greatly! Wifey was looking quite impressed by it.

Playing racing games was also possible again and not even that bad. It was still going but not as hard as shortly after the MJ.

Sometimes the own voice sounded strange. Like if you hear it from a recording.

The effects subsided greatly at about the 3,5 - 4 hour mark. MJ always brought it back to a certain extend.

Effects still very _slighly_ noticable at the 8 hour mark.

That was about it. All in all this can be seen as a positive experience. But it's clear that this was only a small taste of what this stuff is capable of. The duration via this route seems ok.

Another test with 1mg will be performed sometime in the future.

...funny thought on a side note: 100mg of this in an e-cig tank and a whole party could be fed by this.

Thx for reading. :)

The 1mg test never was performed. I had a slight chest pain/tightness for the next 2 days or so. This put me off from further vaping tests.

I love the DOx series, however, there are many things to consider here, the duration being one of the most obvious.

2,5-dimethoxy-4-chloro-amphetamine
DURATION: 12 - 24 h.

QUALITATIVE COMMENTS: (with 1.6 mg) I was hit with a slightly light head; the effects were quite real. I was disconnected, and somehow spacey, but this was a favorable spacey which was kind of fun. Somewhere at about the sixth hour I realized that I was beginning to drop off a bit, but six hours later yet, there was still a lot of memory. This is a long thing.

(with 2.4 mg) This is what I might call an archetypical psychedelic. Everything is there in spades, with few if any of the subtle graces, the `gentle images' and `gentle fantasies' of the 2-carbon phenethylamines. This is the works. There are visuals, and there are interpretive problems with knowing just where you really are. The place where nothing makes sense, and yet everything makes sense. I have just slept for a few hours, and now I am awake and it has been eighteen hours, and there is a lot still going on, although I have a relaxed, good feeling. Anyone who uses this had better have 24 hours at their disposal.

(with 2.4 mg) Here I am at the sixth hour, and I am still roaring along at a full plus three. I have established that this material is neither anti-erotic nor anorexic. The body is very comfortable, and so is the mind. There is an interesting aspect, perhaps peculiar only to this experiment and under these conditions. With my eyes closed the fantasy is a completely dark screen, lovely and seductive, subtle, and yet light must be deliberately brought in. This is not in any way negative for being in the dark, but is just unusual. I will have to try this in the daylight next time, to see what the eyes-closed brings to the mind-screen. At 24 hours, I have found that my sleep was not too great. My dreams were tight, and I kept defending against trouble; the nervous system was too alert. I was in a good humor, though, and I still am. This is excellent stuff, but start early in the day.

EXTENSIONS AND COMMENTARY: It is clear that the three halo-amphetamine derivatives, DOI, DOB and DOC, are all pretty much of the same potency. And all of them very long lived. The difference between the various halogen atoms was brought up under the 2C-C discussion. DOC is clearly a long-lasting, dyed-in-the-wool psychedelic.

2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-amphetamine (this compound is the amphetamine homologue of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-phenethylamine)
DOSAGE: 1.0 - 3.0 mg.

DURATION: 18 - 30 h.

I had more to say but I'm headed out the door...

I'm going to be busy for a few hours, but I'm for sure going to return to this topic.

-eg

Duration and dosage are very important notes ... as is the possible/probable complete loss of self awareness. extreme out of body/time/space experiences can occur and last a very long time. If you're not experienced with research chems I'd have to argue this is not the one to begin with. This substance has also caused me a frightening body load and hypertension, confused mind state / delusion lasting several days, and took weeks to fully recover from. I've dosed orally a handful of times in unknown quantity. dangerous procedure, incredible trip.
Also I would recommend not viewing it as similar to LSD or mescaline; it is very different, and not as safe as either by a long shot. It is a more potent stimulant as well, adding to the potential danger involved, IIRC there is reports of it causing heart and breathing problems with high dose.

If taken with respect given to the true 'gravity', or literal weight, of the matter, and if possible with a trip sitter, you can have extremely powerful experiences with this substance or group of substances, absolutely unlike anything else

Here's the relation between the 2Cx/DOx series and mescaline, which is more structural than phenomenological.

Let's start with the core "phenethylamine"

Phen = a benzene ring (c6h6)
Ethyl = the two carbon "ethyl" side chain (ch2-ch2-)
Amine = the amine grouping at the end of the ethyl side chain (-NH2)

Ph-ch2-ch2-NH2

So, you can picture the compound just by saying it's name...

Then you have amphetamines...

amphetamine is short for "alpha-methyl-phenethylamine", meaning that the alpha carbon of the two carbon ethyl side chain of the phenethylamine molecule has had a methyl group attached to it.

(When people hear "amphetamine" they automatically associate the term with stimulant compounds, however depending on substitutions to the amphetamine core you can have a stimulant, an entactogenic, or a psychedelic compound.

In the case of psychedelics and entactogenic compounds I prefer the term "alpha-methyl-phenethylamine" over "amphetamine" to avoid the stimulant connotations.

Mescaline is 3,4,5-trimethoxy-phenethylamine, the DOx series are 2,5-dimethoxy-4-substituted-alpha-methyl-phenethylamines...

So structurally mescaline and the 2C-x series and the DOx are related.

-eg

Attachments

• monoamine-structure.jpg
    monoamine-structure.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
When I had half a tab of a DOx compound it felt like acid although seemed even more intense both in what happened but especially in duration being that I was peaking for about 8/10 hours and awake after that till it wore off for what felt like 3 days and nights. When you take acid you have to prepare for the duration for the trip but this stuff is next level.

5 Dimensional Nick said:
When I had half a tab of a DOx compound it felt like acid although seemed even more intense both in what happened but especially in duration being that I was peaking for about 8/10 hours and awake after that till it wore off for what felt like 3 days and nights. When you take acid you have to prepare for the duration for the trip but this stuff is next level.

Any idea what was on position 4?

I mean, do you know if it was DOC, DOB, DOET, DOM, etc...

-eg

There's been some fairly terrible cases of overdose on DOx compounds, as well as some of the "FLY-series phenethylamines, resulting in vassoconstriction, resulting in necrosis and amputation...

Scary stuff...

I actually enjoyed the DOx series compounds, but I knew it was a DOx, it was not sold to me as anything else, and I never exceeded the dose range mentioned in PIHKAL...

it makes you wonder, why we're there no cases of necrosis during the 1967 DOM overdoses in bay area California...

-eg

Hope me posting here doesn't constitute as necro'ing.
I've been fascinated reading up on phenethylamines lately, not having tried any so far. A whole other world looms.

I am wondering if there are any real noteworthy differences in experience between the various DOx compounds. Most people seem to prefer DOM and DOC vastly over DOB and DOI, but there is not a whole lot of people who seem to have tried the whole family (or at least discussed at length about it online). All I can gather is that DOM seems to be the most powerfully psychedelic acting of them all (including introspective headspace), and that DOM while it has an intense "push" to it is counted among the least stimulating of the bunch.

Is it worth exploring several of these compounds, or is there not really enough distinction to warrant this? Would love to hear some insights into this.
Most people seem to dislike the intense stimulation that comes with these particular compounds, and of course the incredibly long duration, but then there are also some people who rank DOM among their absolute best experiences. Shulgin also graced it a place in his magical half-dozen, so I'm sure there's something special to be found within..

Ive never tried these compounds, but there are some quality trip reports on erowid by a guy called Xorxoth, who seems to have a lot of experience with the DOx series, as well as many other obscure psychedelics.

ॐ said:
Hope me posting here doesn't constitute as necro'ing.
I've been fascinated reading up on phenethylamines lately, not having tried any so far. A whole other world looms.

I am wondering if there are any real noteworthy differences in experience between the various DOx compounds. Most people seem to prefer DOM and DOC vastly over DOB and DOI, but there is not a whole lot of people who seem to have tried the whole family (or at least discussed at length about it online). All I can gather is that DOM seems to be the most powerfully psychedelic acting of them all (including introspective headspace), and that DOM while it has an intense "push" to it is counted among the least stimulating of the bunch.

Is it worth exploring several of these compounds, or is there not really enough distinction to warrant this? Would love to hear some insights into this.
Most people seem to dislike the intense stimulation that comes with these particular compounds, and of course the incredibly long duration, but then there are also some people who rank DOM among their absolute best experiences. Shulgin also graced it a place in his magical half-dozen, so I'm sure there's something special to be found within..

Again, I love the DOx series and would be happy to discuss it further, this thread is somewhat old, and I've actually learned tons since I started posting in it, but its still nice to revisit these things, and put a currant perspective on them.

There are psychoactive differences between the DOx series compounds, often it's more than just subtleties. Is it worth it to explore them all? This depends.

I'm headed out the door right now, but i promise I'll return and further discuss this.

------

Misc. Related topics:

I have also been researching a novel homologue series of the DOx compounds. In this series the ethylamine side chain has been replaced with a cyclopropylamine moiety, fascinating stuff.
trans-2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl)cyclopropylamine and trans-2-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenyl)cyclopropylamine

2,5-dimethoxy-3,4-methylenedioxy-amphetamine discussion

DOI discussion

2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-phenethylamine thread

-eg

Back
Top Bottom