• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Why did you choose your name?

Migrated topic.
I was originally DMTheory because I like DMT and making theories about the experience, but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

I switched to RAM for multiple reasons: out of respect for Ram Dass and Be Here Now, ram is the mantra for our third chakra which I associate with the Nexus, and it also stands for random access memory. At the time of the switch, I was studying computer science and enjoyed thinking about parallels between the human mind and computer chips, particularly how psychedelics could be related to the processing power of our brains.

Finally, rams are very funny-looking animals!

I originally chose the handle Ugra Karma for its literal interpretation (ferocious activities) - which I was able to equate with some of the heavier ordeals I was in the thick of when I'd chosen it.

In all truth, it now strikes me as having darker signaling than I'd prefer for my avatar to represent nowadays - but what's in a name?

It's both a reference to my own ability to quickly and completely shift my awareness between states/thoughts as well as an allusion to the perpetually flowing and transitory nature of consciousness in general.

RAM said:
but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

serveimage

When I was 15 or 16, and first heard about DMT, my psychedelic buddy called it Acid Rock, he explained it to me as
"LSD is to coca leaf as DMT is to crack rock"
Since it's actually a crystal when pure, I changed it to Acid Shard.
Plus I've always liked the word shard, I think it's a pretty cool sounding word.

The same friend made up all kinds of weird nicknames for drugs, LSD (on blotter) was "launch pads"

Because the explorer struck out into the North. There were mostly questions and more adversary than comfort in path forward, but the vista is priceless and worth more than a 1000 pictures or a 1000 reasonings of men who ventured only within the confines of the already known.

nah, not really... It's just that I live in the north.

I used to DJ in SF under this name. Took "paul" from my dad and "sage" from the type of advice he used to give me... at some point over the years in chat it got twisted into "sauSage" and just stuck...

I chose Gowpen as it means (apparently) a double handfull
as in the hollow of two hands held together as if forming a bowl.

My first chosen name was V-vo (meaning 'alive' {Vivo} without the 'I'. But it was taken already. I have never seen anyone called V-vo, can I change my name here ?

I combined my two favorite subjects together, Alchemy and Gnosticism.

Alchemy is the art of transformation. Original alchemists tried to turn base metals like lead and Copper into gold. A lot of alchemy texts also talk about transformation of the consciousness and leaving the physical plane. This seems impossible without DMT. I believe ancient alchemists knew how to extract DMT.

Gnosticism is the the study of the pre Christian era. Gnosis ,which means knowledge, is the believe that the demiurge created everything and created it in a flawed manner. Gnostics believed the world and their existence was a natural sin and that there was some esoteric knowledge that broke their chains with the materialistic demiurge and to reconnect with the Devine.

Gowpen said:
I chose Gowpen as it means (apparently) a double handfull
as in the hollow of two hands held together as if forming a bowl.

My first chosen name was V-vo (meaning 'alive' {Vivo} without the 'I'. But it was taken already. I have never seen anyone called V-vo, can I change my name here ?

PM The Traveler for name change requests! 😉

I chose my name because it's how I felt after my first experience. In awe, dumbstruck, astonished, completely bewildered.

I have done many exciting things in my life. Scary run out rock climbing, fast motorcycles, whitewater river rafting, skydiving. None of those things compare with DMT. They are fun and exhilarating, but not like DMT. After my first experience, I knew beyond a doubt it was the craziest, most unbelievable thing I've ever done.

Can you change your name on here?! I chose mine in haste and lack of imagination at the time. :surprised

Rename me any of the following:
guyonthecouch <- Because I like the guy on the couch
Tripnautics <- I made that up just now cause it sounds cool
ShroomMaster5000 <- Has a ring to it
Tim5000 <- because I never met a Tim I didn't like and keeping with the 5000 theme

Vasudeva <- All joking aside this would be my chosen rename if given the choice.
He is a character from the book Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. This character is a ferry man and he takes people back and forth across a river. He listens to the river to cultivate his listening skills.

This character represents everything I wish to learn in this life. This listening translates to ordinary and psychedelic states of consciousness. His humble approach to life is appealing to me. He is just a man and becomes a great teacher just by sitting and listening to the river. I would definitely change my name Vasudeva if I could, if anything for a reminder to myself for the kind of man I want to be in this world.

Herman Hesse said:
Vasudeva rose. "It is late," he said, "let's go to sleep. I can't tell you that other thing, oh friend. You'll learn it, or perhaps you know it already. See, I'm no learned man, I have no special skill in speaking, I also have no special skill in thinking. All I'm able to do is to listen and to be godly, I have learned nothing else. If I was able to say and teach it, I might be a wise man, but like this I am only a ferryman, and it is my task to ferry people across the river. I have transported many, thousands; and to all of them, my river has been nothing but an obstacle on their travels. They traveled to seek money and business, and for weddings, and on pilgrimages, and the river was obstructing their path, and the ferryman's job was to get them quickly across that obstacle. But for some among thousands, a few, four or five, the river has stopped being an obstacle, they have heard its voice, they have listened to it, and the river has become sacred to them, as it has become sacred to me. Let's rest now, Siddhartha."

RAM said:
I was originally DMTheory because I like DMT and making theories about the experience, but then I felt a little bad using DMT in my username because I thought it was too sacred for that.

I switched to RAM for multiple reasons: out of respect for Ram Dass and Be Here Now, ram is the mantra for our third chakra which I associate with the Nexus, and it also stands for random access memory. At the time of the switch, I was studying computer science and enjoyed thinking about parallels between the human mind and computer chips, particularly how psychedelics could be related to the processing power of our brains.

Finally, rams are very funny-looking animals!

RAM is the Manipura Chakra. This shakra represents the qualities of clarity, self-confidence, bliss, self-assurance, knowledge, wisdom and the ability to make correct decisions. Some say this chakra can repair your DNA.

New to the chakras and I just got done learning about this one!

I like this name, more so the way it looks than the way its spoken. heard it in a song over ten years ago now. wanted to name one of my children Inaniel, but it fell through, so I use it on the internet.

My best friend and fellow traveler, Don Philipe, waaaaaay back during the 1970s, named me Rising Spirit. We had some epic journeys!

When I joined this wonderful forum, I chose that nostalgic moniker as my user name. Honestly, perhaps it would have been more appropriate to have chosen, Long Wind?

OP:
Psilosopher? said:
I made up Bodhisativa because it made me laugh, and i like puns.

It's also inspired from an actual experience where i became a temporary Buddha through ganja.
Now you've changed your name, can you say something for us about it? It seems fairly obvious, though 😁

Back
Top Bottom