• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

alarming number of real face avatars

Migrated topic.

shoe

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Is it my imagination, or are these on the rise?
Especially from our newer members with fewer posts, I don't know should these be allowed
given the nature of the site and the hobby?

Just thought I would pop up with my own perspective, perhaps an opposite opinion of the majority, but that is ok.

I'm just not willing to hide something which is not wrong. Doesn't mean I will stand out side a police station smoking weed, although some do. Marc Emery did that to test the law. I'm no Marc Emery.

I don't mean to sound bitchy. I don't want to imply any body here is a Sheeple. It is obvious that no body here is a Sheeple. Sheeple don't fly. :)

I like to encourage people who have had enough of the war on drug users etc. to get active in the anti prohibition movement and help free your selves. You don't have to come out to do that.

i dont think mr. brain has ever been snitched on or busted for drugs... hes all like look at me! i think drugs should be legal!! End alll wars too!!! lmao

shoe said:
Whats up with jorkest, I've not seen him much these days?
I suspect he has reincarnated for some unknown reason ... like Gandalf in that film about the little guys with hairy feet.

Brian Kerr said:
I like to encourage people who have had enough of the war on drug users etc. to get active in the anti prohibition movement and help free your selves. You don't have to come out to do that.
I hear you. I expect there are quite a few donors and supporters here. The problem is, people can't safely practice their spirituality and campaign at the same time. If you became a thorn in the government's side, they would get rid of you very easily with a bust.

Hence why we are all so grateful of organisations like LEAP and Transform, and scientists like David Nutt, for standing up to the ignorance on our behalf.

These days the police film, photograph and take down names and addresses of demonstrators in the UK, so a demo would need to be big to make people feel safe in showing their faces. But I still wish people would organise demonstrations against prohibition, I'd still attend. I think crowds of thousands could be summoned forth by the right charity, which would be a great opportunity to show that the oppressed minority will never disappear.

I wish LEAP would take up office in the UK. I don't think we have anyone like them over here. I don't think Transform demonstrate, they're more of a thinktank.

ohayoco said:
These days the police film, photograph and take down names and addresses of demonstrators in the UK, so a demo would need to be big to make people feel safe in showing their faces.

This sickens me. It is also forbidden to protest outside parliament! The UK has changed a lot, even in my lifetime.

These days the police film, photograph and take down names and addresses of demonstrators in the UK, so a demo would need to be big to make people feel safe in showing their faces.

In germany, they sometimes hit children with their batons. And they also videotape everything and you aren't allowed to put anything over your face. It's also not allowed to protect yourselve against police violence by using body protection...it counts as "passive violence".

Hi,

OK folks, I'm coming out of my hyperspacial closet.

My name's Barry and you might remember me from such albums as Barry 1 and 'live'.

I have a cat called Mandy who extracts and consumes Teh Spice. Please don't tell my mother though, she doesn't know.

Liberace_Piano_12_wks_Gs.jpg

Namaste sheeple.

I like my current avatar. Have a bit of a shadow on my face so no worries :)

But I do support people that use their faces as avatars. It's their choice. We're not doing anything wrong. The laws are wrong.

Yes DMTripper, Your cloak does seem to hide your face quite nicely :) and DeMeTed, if that's your brain, I'd be worried that you might have a tumor of some sorts.

Ok. Done with being silly now. Happy travels!

I'd rather hide in a closet than a jail cell. While I agree that laws are corrupt and freedoms are at stake I don't agree that we should go around poking the bear.

I have a cat called Mandy who extracts and consumes Teh Spice.
Aww, they can't get angry at a cute kitty playing the piano can they?

Some day maybe I will feel safe to talk freely but the reality is that in today's world there can be major repercussions for that. I mean financial, social, and legal repercussions. I am not here to make a statement or be a martyr, I am here to partake in something that is inherently taboo to most and essential to others. I see no reason to rock the boat before we have sufficiently educated the general public.

This is definitely one subject I feel totally schizophrenic about....

When to say? When not to say?

I'd love to reach out and connect with so many people...

...but then...

*brain implodes*

Back
Top Bottom