• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Anyone ever had weird experiences with the phone while tripping?

Oddly enough - DMT is arguably the least demanding "listener" - as it comes with its own tune. If you can hear any musing - you aren't going deep enough... I usually have something deeply meditative playing in background when dealing with spice. M and L aren't particularly demanding, but cubes... cubes are the ultimate audiophile - at least in my books. I even contemplated the theory at some point that "the all" is bored and is using us to entertain itself with human music... 🤣
 
Oddly enough - DMT is arguably the least demanding "listener" - as it comes with its own tune. If you can hear any musing - you aren't going deep enough... I usually have something deeply meditative playing in background when dealing with spice. M and L aren't particularly demanding, but cubes... cubes are the ultimate audiophile - at least in my books. I even contemplated the theory at some point that "the all" is bored and is using us to entertain itself with human music... 🤣
Approaches with DMT can vary a lot from person to person, from period to period. In recent years I'm mostly on moderate doses and long travels, all with harmal. Doing so, music is perceptible throughout. To me it's quite the opposite, DMT is very demanding music wise, and a lot of stuff I usually enjoy can sound uncomfortable while on DMT, that's why I have a dedicated ambient and non invasive music playlist for this purpose. On shrooms or LSD I could listen to almost anything and think it's the best music I've ever heard.
 
Approaches with DMT can vary a lot from person to person, from period to period. In recent years I'm mostly on moderate doses and long travels, all with harmal. Doing so, music is perceptible throughout. To me it's quite the opposite, DMT is very demanding music wise, and a lot of stuff I usually enjoy can sound uncomfortable while on DMT, that's why I have a dedicated ambient and non invasive music playlist for this purpose. On shrooms or LSD I could listen to almost anything and think it's the best music I've ever heard.
You are quite right - I was sorta implying a different meaning...

But let us not hijack the thread and turn it into yet another "what music while tripping" topic.
 
I do sometimes find the silent gaps between tracks a distraction while on a DMT session, and I'm a little the same when I vape weed like the background music is a sort of comfort blanket.
Approaches with DMT can vary a lot from person to person, from period to period. In recent years I'm mostly on moderate doses and long travels, all with harmal. Doing so, music is perceptible throughout. To me it's quite the opposite, DMT is very demanding music wise, and a lot of stuff I usually enjoy can sound uncomfortable while on DMT, that's why I have a dedicated ambient and non invasive music playlist for this purpose. On shrooms or LSD I could listen to almost anything and think it's the best music I've ever heard.
 
Syrian Rue is actually very pro-music and singing, and it's a DMT admixture that usually blocks it. Some plants are better than others when it comes to musical expression (like acacia, which is just magical with music). I like to sing mantras in my sessions, and my whole work with plants is built around it. A good track can lead you places, and you feel rebalanced after it. I tried a chant from the Tibetan tradition last time and an hour of my time just disappeared because I was so into it.

I feel it's up to you and your style of work. If you're going deep, music is not the main event. Yet you can plan the whole session using the right kind of music. Some tracks are just so versatile and work with almost everything. Mantras, for one, are meditative and can be a red thread for you. For years I've been diving so deep that my psyche simply stopped working in a normal sense, so these sounds were a guiding light bringing me back home. In the end, it all starts to live in you, and you become your own mp3 player if needed.
 
Idk، using the phone while tripping makes me feel like im holding something dangerous/risky, like its an ancient technology that defies our laws of reality, and at times i would literally feel the screen becoming a portal, idk how to describe it but its like i can see inside the phone and its a like whole world inside, like its clear to me at that moment that its a portal and not a screen, if i focus too hard i start going through the portal, but i never really wanted to.

Anyone else had strange stuff happening with the phone?
Yes I have tripped hard and tried to use my phone the apps change unrecognizable like way wierd it was unexplainable
 
A friend on pharmahuasca was looking at the animal emoji menu, and all the animals were alive, moving. She seemed to recognize that wasn't normal, and asked me if it looked that way for me too. I was bummed to say no it did not.

The one time I looked at a screen on DMT the text was converted to illegible alien symbols that resembled ancient Egyptian.
 
Back
Top Bottom