This is a new website that documents the lineage of San Pedro clones. So far they have 46. I'm not sure how rigorous or well-documented is it, but I think it's interesting: ARKHÉ · The Trichocereus Archive
Thanks for sharing it! I'm one of the people behind the project. Your doubt is exactly the right question: rigor is the whole point of the archive. Every entry carries a verification level based on the sources behind it, so anyone can see what's confirmed and what isn't. That's also why we're going slowly.This is a new website that documents the lineage of San Pedro clones. So far they have 46. I'm not sure how rigorous or well-documented is it, but I think it's interesting: ARKHÉ · The Trichocereus Archive
Thank you for the info and your project! It's very interesting.Thanks for sharing it! I'm one of the people behind the project. Your doubt is exactly the right question: rigor is the whole point of the archive. Every entry carries a verification level based on the sources behind it, so anyone can see what's confirmed and what isn't. That's also why we're going slowly.
Arkhé is meant to be a global catalogue, open to the whole community and built by all of us. If you grow Trichocereus with known provenance, whether it's one plant or a whole collection, you can add it with photos and whatever you know about its origin:
![]()
Contribute · ARKHÉ
Document a Trichocereus clone in the archive: what you call it, where it comes from and what you can show. Reviewed before anything is published.www.arkhecactus.com
Each contribution is reviewed and attributed to you either by name or anonymously, according to your choice, and anything you cannot fully document still counts, it just appears with a lower verification level.
The quality of an archive is not measured by having no mistakes, but by how it corrects them when they appear. If you spot a clone you think is wrong, tell us here or through the website form and we'll review it.
Hi, I saw your website, seems that you are located in Spain like me, I also noticed two specimens from an old friend of me. Quim Tarinas. Nice to see his cactus cause I saw them in his house lot of years ago. I also have a big collection of San Pedro, If you see Quim , give him regards from Nacho in the Pyrenees, he is a good old friend.Thanks for sharing it! I'm one of the people behind the project. Your doubt is exactly the right question: rigor is the whole point of the archive. Every entry carries a verification level based on the sources behind it, so anyone can see what's confirmed and what isn't. That's also why we're going slowly.
Arkhé is meant to be a global catalogue, open to the whole community and built by all of us. If you grow Trichocereus with known provenance, whether it's one plant or a whole collection, you can add it with photos and whatever you know about its origin:
![]()
Contribute · ARKHÉ
Document a Trichocereus clone in the archive: what you call it, where it comes from and what you can show. Reviewed before anything is published.www.arkhecactus.com
Each contribution is reviewed and attributed to you either by name or anonymously, according to your choice, and anything you cannot fully document still counts, it just appears with a lower verification level.
The quality of an archive is not measured by having no mistakes, but by how it corrects them when they appear. If you spot a clone you think is wrong, tell us here or through the website form and we'll review it.
Of course, it's interesting to document specimens with known geographic origin. The form has the option to document it as a specimen gone wild outside its habitat. We have quite a few records documented along these lines, such as the case of the Carbonell: Carbonell · Trichocereus peruvianus · Arkhé ...The records accept review and new contributions from other users, and if someone recognizes the same clone under another name, the new information is added to the record, as in the case of the Cerdanyola/pedregar collection: Cerdanyola A3 · Trichocereus pachanoi · ArkhéThank you for the info and your project! It's very interesting.
Are you aiming to also document specimens with a known geographic originthat aren't a named clone? I have a few cuttings from big mother plants that come from Southern and Eastern Spain, but they're not a named clone and I'm not even sure some of them were planted by people. Would that be info you're aiming to collect as well?
Also, are you aware of @Loveall 's project to collect data on mescaline yields through a standardized CIELO procedure and questionnaire? Both projects could complement each other very nicely IMO!
Thanks, Nacho! Yes, good observation, their cacti are in the archive. We’ll be sure to pass on your regards.Hi, I saw your website, seems that you are located in Spain like me, I also noticed two specimens from an old friend of me. Quim Tarinas. Nice to see his cactus cause I saw them in his house lot of years ago. I also have a big collection of San Pedro, If you see Quim , give him regards from Nacho in the Pyrenees, he is a good old friend.
This is the project I was referring to: Research - Share your CIELO interactive checklist data hereOn the other hand, I'm not familiar with @Loveall project, but we're open to synergies with other projects. In fact, it's fantastic when this happens.
Nice, Got mostly misplant origin maybe around different 25 crosses, also a real Ogun and some more from Germany, a Ritter cross also. Few from Spain but not known crosses.Thanks, Nacho! Yes, good observation, their cacti are in the archive. We’ll be sure to pass on your regards.
By the way, if you have any cactus from your collection with a known origin, it would be great to add them to the archive too!
Well, this is already a serious collection! Misplant seedlings come with a cross name and a source, and that is documented provenance: the lot, the parents as declared by the seller, the year you sowed them. Each seedling is a unique individual, so once you select one and propagate it, it becomes a clone in its own right with a known starting point.Nice, Got mostly misplant origin maybe around different 25 crosses, also a real Ogun and some more from Germany, a Ritter cross also. Few from Spain but not known crosses.
Will try to do some pics for you. Have to say my cactus are not too fat, cause I grow with a few hours of direct sun. Except the peruvianus crosses that for whatever reason are specially bigWell, this is already a serious collection! Misplant seedlings come with a cross name and a source, and that is documented provenance: the lot, the parents as declared by the seller, the year you sowed them. Each seedling is a unique individual, so once you select one and propagate it, it becomes a clone in its own right with a known starting point.
The Ogun already has a record in the archive: Ogunbodede · Trichocereus pachanoi · Arkhé. You're welcome to add your photos, since every existing record can be expanded by users.
The Ritter cross sounds like the most interesting piece of what you mention, those historic lines get harder to trace every year. Do you know which cross it is?
The Spanish ones with unknown parents can go in too. When I say known origin, I don't only mean knowing the ancestors: the parents are often unknown, but there may still be a story behind where the plant came from. Sometimes what matters is the morphology, sometimes the story, sometimes the ancestry. We document what is known and state how certain it is.
Every plant documented in Arkhé gets its own record, an ID and a printable label. So when you give away or trade a cutting, its history travels with it instead of getting lost after a couple of owners. And if someone later uses it in a cross, the offspring stay linked to your plant, with your name as the source and its origins on record.
Would you like to start with the Ritter? A couple of photos and whatever you know about the plant is enough, there's no need to fill in every field.
![]()
Aportar · ARKHÉ
Envía tu clon de Trichocereus al archivo de Arkhé. La curaduría lo revisará antes de publicarlo.www.arkhecactus.com