• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Banisteriopsis Muricata

Migrated topic.

maranello551

Rising Star
I have a bunch of this stuff...and I was about to brew it buuuut.....now I'm unsure about how to dose and proportion the amounts....I'm hearing some go as far as to say that it is as powerful gram for gram as Syrian rue!!

What's the deal here....how many of you have drank true muricata.....what's it like? How potent is it really? I was going to have each dose be ~50g and have 2 or 3 doses throughout the ceremony....

What's the deal with this stuff?

:? :shock: :cry:

Never tried it personally, but I've heard 10 grams could be enough to activate DMT and I wouldn't personally go beneath. I wouldn't count on it being as potent as rue seeds, because even the weakest seeds can fully inhibit the mao in the 5 gram range. It could seem to be nearly as potent however.

Brewing up to 50 grams for a dose or two should also be safe IMO, regardless of how potent it is advised to be.

Age is also not an indicator that this stuff is more potent than regular, some users claim they had regular yellow vine that was more potent than muricata.

Perhaps ask the people you got it from how potent it is? If you grew your own (which I doubt), there is no way of knowing if you don't try it.

Good thing you have a lot so you can afford to have some test and trials. Good luck whatever you chose to do!

AwesomeUsername said:
Never tried it personally, but I've heard 10 grams could be enough to activate DMT and I wouldn't personally go beneath. I wouldn't count on it being as potent as rue seeds, because even the weakest seeds can fully inhibit the mao in the 5 gram range. It could seem to be nearly as potent however.

Brewing up to 50 grams for a dose or two should also be safe IMO, regardless of how potent it is advised to be.

Age is also not an indicator that this stuff is more potent than regular, some users claim they had regular yellow vine that was more potent than muricata.

Perhaps ask the people you got it from how potent it is? If you grew your own (which I doubt), there is no way of knowing if you don't try it.

Good thing you have a lot so you can afford to have some test and trials. Good luck whatever you chose to do!

Ok so I heard form the guy, and supposedly that was years ago and he hasn't come across any similar batches since.....

He says that now the muricata is just like very potent caapi but not possible-OD-potent.

Anybody here have anecdotal experience with muricata and know how much of this is needed for full MAOI? I will be brewing soon and I would hate to waste my light.....

universecannon said:
My muricata was weaker than even average caapi vine, so your mileagemay vary. Start low and work up. You can always wait to dose the light until it kicks in sufficiently

I will be brewing 9 doses and each dose will have 55g Muricata and 11g mhrb in it. I'm planning on having 2-3 doses throughout the ceremony, stacking them with 1-2 hours between each dose. Would you say this would be enough maoi if my vine is as potent as what you got?

Spiritofspice said:
I would cut the mhrb down to 3-5g and see how you go.
Eleven grams if the mimosa is good could take you further then you could be ready for.
I have had mimosa that at 6g that would equal a full blown breakthrough for a peak of nearly 2 hours.

Mimosa varies greatly in alkaloid content in my experience.

I would also brew them seperate. If you brew the mhrb with a bit of citric acid or vinegar then stir through an egg white then strain it will remove a lot of tannins without effecting potency.
Mimosa is hard to keep down without the tannin removal step and drinking it with the vine could make you purge before you feel the effects.

I am brewing the mimosa separately. I am on the fence now about whether to combine them afterwards, or to go ahead and run the mimosa tea through an STB and just mix the freebase form that into the reducing muricata.....I hear that freebase is not as potent dropped in a brew as a full light plant would be, as there are many other alkaloids in the mimosa that do not pull through the extraction.....also, this way I could have a single brew and avoid the mimosa taste/tannins.

Plot twist. I am using 150g of mimosa instead of 100g and I am adding ~30g of white caapi leaf to the muricata.....this should turn out to be potent....I'm just hoping ~40g of maoi plant per dose is enough given the vastly contrasting opinions on the muricata....

Have you done this before? Your mhrb to vine ratio is way way too high for the vast majority of people 0_0

You want more like 3-5g per dose. Not 11! People who need that much either have very weak mhrb or more likely arent taking wnough vine to fully kick it in.

Back
Top Bottom