• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Brown stuff from stb

Migrated topic.
acolon_5 said:
Yup, happened to my friend. We could not find the cause or a quick fix. Recrystalizations (multiple) and washes do not help.

Only happens with STB. There is no way that I have found to clean it up except to do an A/B extraction on your red/brown extract.

It smokes ok, but is very strange.

i have more or less figured out that this is the result depending on the order you add the ingredients at the very beginning. :

White: Water,lye, bark, naptha
Yellow:water, naptha, lye, bark
brown: water, lye, naptha, bark

this is just my own experience but these results have been consistent for me

I have to agree with pyx, the bark needs time to break down for the alkaloids to be absorbed by the naphtha, which is poured in the mix after the bark has had enough time to do so. Good luck!

Peas

I see no harm in the naptha being added this soon.. though swim wouldn't really do it that way. It really wouldn't hurt anything .... i mean the alkaloids would migrate over to the naptha during the whole procedure which now that i think about it .... would potentially save some of the goodies from extended exposure to the harsh basic conditions of the soup ...

not that it really matters because the spice can withstand it .... with no serious effects upon yeild or potency...
just a thought ... that is alot of lye tho...peace

pyx said:
why would anyone use naptha before the bark has had time to be broken down by the basic water solution? it seems to me that you don't understand the extraction process.

well i do. i did that first so it could absorb the darker stuff not the dmt. just investigating

Back
Top Bottom