• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Cannabis + Combo Herbs = Strange Experience

Migrated topic.

CannabisAR

Rising Star
From time to time I take the occasional tolerance break from cannabis, To me its important, otherwise tolerances get out of hand and reality starts to become dull. Most importantly what was originally used to treat illnesses turns into pure laziness for me. While I take these tolerance breaks negative side effects occur such as return of insomnia lack of eating and for me PTSD symptoms return. To help combat the negative effects due to the lack of cannabis is usually take valerian root 300mg which is a life saver. When I was last at the herb store the lady at the shop showed me a blend that she thought I would like to try during my last tolerance break. I said what the hell ill give it a try, the blend was made of the following

SLEEP BLEND 1 Capsule

Passion Flower 50mg
Chamomile 75mg
Skullcap 75mg
Hops 75mg
Valerian 100mg
Inositol 50mg
L-Taurine 50mg
Magnesium 30mg
Calcium 40mg

A few nights ago before bed I took 1 capsule and had 1 bowl of cannabis indica and I must say the effects were nice it was almost like the herbs were prolonging the effects that the cannabis was giving me. BUT.....this is were is gets strange, two nights ago I did everything as before except I added 1 more capsule and instead of 1 bowl I had two bowls of cannabis indica. That's were things went from pleasant to borderline to much to handle. initially the effects were nice. Nothing visual at first and I was happy and calm. 1 hour into it things went from nice and happy to scary and confused. After the first hour had lapsed the effects got stronger. It reminded me of a very strong cannabis edible. Then the tracers set in, visually tracers were every were, My anxiety kicked up and made me a little panicky. The strangest part of it all was when the I started to lose control of limbs not entirely very similar to when your drunk on alcohol and your coordination is off it was like that. The last thing that was strange was I felt like I was a spectator in first person viewing. example I went into the kitchen to pour a glass of water even though I know I chose to pour the water and drink it but at the time it felt as if I did not actually do those actions on my own I was merely watching all this take place. Its hard to describe in words. By this point I cant handle anymore and I dab 50mg of CBD crystal and everything negative went away. thought i would share. :)

Very interesting,
Good that you found the CBD to be the cure for that.
My gut tells me it was the skullcap or valerian root, but I am not sure by any means.
Inositol and taurine are energy drink ingredients, and I have smoked on those before and didn't notice anything weird.
I don't take too many herbs like that though, I would also be interested to know what it was that triggered this reaction.

Just out of curiousity, how did you extract CBD in crystal form?
Sounds like a very cool skill to know, my wife benefits from CBD but has an extreme sensitivity to THC, so I am very interested in learning how to eliminate the THC from it.

Thanks for the info, it's always good to get more information on possible reactions from combinations like that.
Cheers

AcidShard said:
Just out of curiousity, how did you extract CBD in crystal form?

I did not extract it I buy CBD crystalline online. CBD Crystalline is mainly derived from Hemp and is extracted mainly via C02. Since Crystalline CBD is 99% pure it only contains CBD and nothing else. The other Cannabinoids are removed. There are many debates online weather CBD crystal is just as effective vs Full Spectrum CBD aka WAX. CBD crystal is perfect in conjunction with THC oils or Herb which is a great tool for those whom are sensitive to THC or want to reverse the negative effects from THC. By itself imo is fine but is more effective when combined with flower or oil. I'm glad your wife benefits from CBD. Lastly just be careful whom you get it from the market is so heavily over saturated with companies over charging for CBD oils, creams and crystal.

Doubling the dose of chamomile even if used alone can produce very different effects from that of a single dose. Normal metabolic enzymes can get fully inhibited which can then induce further enzyme activity, leading to - in the case of chamomile - a stimulating rather than a sedative effect.

Passionflower contains abundant flavonoids which are also well known for interacting with the cytochrome P450 metabolic enzymes (CYP) - and of course, hemp cannabinoids also interact with the CYP system as well. One of these same enzymes also forms the highly potent metabolite 11-OH-THC from THC so if that enzyme got upregulated in the relevant place and time-frame, that'd really have stirred things up.

It's little wonder that you experienced what you did, CannabisAR! There's plenty more on the topics I've brushed on if you take a good look around here at the Nexus - and beyond. Hopefully some further research will inform you of exactly how your "herb-a-slap" occurred, based on the outline given above.

downwardsfromzero said:
Doubling the dose of chamomile even if used alone can produce very different effects from that of a single dose. Normal metabolic enzymes can get fully inhibited which can then induce further enzyme activity, leading to - in the case of chamomile - a stimulating rather than a sedative effect.

Passionflower contains abundant flavonoids which are also well known for interacting with the cytochrome P450 metabolic enzymes (CYP) - and of course, hemp cannabinoids also interact with the CYP system as well. One of these same enzymes also forms the highly potent metabolite 11-OH-THC from THC so if that enzyme got upregulated in the relevant place and time-frame, that'd really have stirred things up.

It's little wonder that you experienced what you did, CannabisAR! There's plenty more on the topics I've brushed on if you take a good look around here at the Nexus - and beyond. Hopefully some further research will inform you of exactly how your "herb-a-slap" occurred, based on the outline I've given you.

Wow Mind blown thanks Downwardsfromzero I have some research to do :thumb_up:

I know alot about 11 hydroxy produced by the liver from oral ingestion the passion flower relationship is interesting

Back
Top Bottom