• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Crazy piece of art i did with my flatmate and goodfriend DOINGKERMIT

Migrated topic.
blew it myself? confused. is there a joke in there, cos I ain't getting it! fill me in please
 
O my God, that is freaking beautiful!!!!! Really good work guys. Is that for sale? It makes me wish we could ask for websites here I love your work. :thumb_up:
 
olympus mon said:
O my God, that is freaking beautiful!!!!! Really good work guys. Is that for sale? It makes me wish we could ask for websites here I love your work. :thumb_up:

Thanks Olympus. Er... as a newbie not sure if I can say this here... but prints could be purchased as I am an artist looking to sell bits.

Your praise is much appreciated.
 
Interesting, what inspired you to make that. Is it made of glass or a digital artwork?
 
lee said:
Interesting, what inspired you to make that. Is it made of glass or a digital artwork?

Digital. And like most art I just go with the flow, except with computer programs rather than paint!
 
5 dimensional nick. I think Jellyfox asked if you blew it thinking it's blown glass art.

Very awesome by the way, I like it.
 
Mustelid said:
5 dimensional nick. I think Jellyfox asked if you blew it thinking it's blown glass art.

Very awesome by the way, I like it.

aaah. that explains it. thanks 2. :)
 
cyb said:
That is very cool...
(now racking my mental software list to figure out what you used...I MUST know)
Please spill ??

Real Flow and Maya (with Mental Ray)

Cheers for the praise :)
 
5Dnick: nice. Very nice. I can see why Cyb would flip over it- definitely right up his alley.

If you have 6 or more finished pieces and would like your own gallery at www.dmt-nexus.me/art please PM me. Would be great to include you.
 
:oops: well dont I feel stupid. I didn't realize this was digital art. Lol! Its still freaking incredible!
 
No i wasn't joking, I thought it was a piece of glass? what is it?
 
5 Dimensional Nick said:
DOINGKERMIT got me on this forum. he is awesome. that is all!
Thanks for the compliment, dude. I knew you would fit into the forum amazingly well. Just wait til you get completely addicted to everything about it ;) Most people are on such a sound level... Like no other forum really.

It was so much fun making the "weird fluid spike-ball"... HOPEFULLY MORE TO COME! Need to put some of my own drawings up soon... I've said that so many times in the past, but never get round to scanning everything. Must be done!
 
Jellyfox said:
No i wasn't joking, I thought it was a piece of glass? what is it?

5DN is more of a master on the 3D ani front, but I know the process we went through to make this piece.

It is all digital made through 'Real Flo' and 'Maya'... both are 3D animation software, which coincide to animate pretty much whatever your mind can think of... almost... (real flo is great for liquid simulation). The more complex the shape (a tree for example), the harder it is to construct.

We first started off with an inanimate object, like a tetrahedron or cone. We then threw different elements at it, like "wind" and "vortex" for example. After playing around with different strengths of each, we then animated it until we found a frame that had a nice shape to it. We changed the texture of the glass by turning it into a liquid/rubber, which controls the amount of light particles shining through and reflecting. We then threw a black sphere into the centre and attached different sized spikes to the side. We turned each element into its appropriate texture to hopefully make it look realistic, as well as adding different coloured lights.

That was it in a nutshell... these programs can be so complex. You almost need a degree in physics!
 
Back
Top Bottom