• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Cybs Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek...Designed for newbies.

Migrated topic.

cyb

Rising Star
OG Pioneer

Greetings fellow wanderers of the mind.

I wanted to post up a detailed pictorial Tek for newcomers to extraction.

There seems to be a lot of confusion following Teks so I have devised an easy to follow guide.
(I have intentionally omitted all the why's and wherefore's of the chemical processes to avoid confusion.
These can be easily found at the Nexus for those who are interested.
)

Especially here

Note that not all barks contain the same percentages of actives...End Results Will Vary!!​

This is for small (starter) amounts of powdered mimosa hostilis root bark (and ACRB) (50g)

(Note)
1.Although I have included an Acidic bath to begin with...this can be omitted and the extractor can go STB (Straight to base) if they wish. (Just start with the Salt and make sure you end up with 700ml of liquid).

2.You can also omit the heat baths if you want to do the Tek 'cold'. (yield maybe affected.)

(Please Note: Heat baths should 'WARM' the mix...NOT heat them excessively.)
approx 40-55*C bath water is optimal.

This Tek should produce around 2% Yield (depending on the bark)...that's 1g per 50g Bark...(30-40 hits) Enough for any beginner!

Anyway I have included it here in PDF form (download at the bottom of this post below the flowchart)

Enjoy....😁

Love Cyb

EDIT: New research by users indicate that Salt can be used (with good results) with Acacia Extractions;
especially A/B (Just add the salt before Basing)

ALSO a mini A/B on the collective pulled solvent will clean it very well. See HERE

cyb said:
PLEASE read the Wiki Entry HERE for further important minor edits

Flowchart courtesy of InMotion
9Wb6FEI.jpg

dreamer042 said:
It has come to my attention that many new members are having trouble with downloading the attachments in this post. Please see my post at the end of the thread for an alternative download. If you still unable to download, please send me a pm and let me know.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Cybs+Hybrid+ATB+Salt+Tek.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
  • cybs+Flowchart+pdf.pdf
    255.8 KB · Views: 41
looks good cyb, its always nice to have decent pics to go with the text.

1 question though, is there any reason you choose to re-x in a glass as opposed to a baking tray?

3rdI said:
1 question though, is there any reason you choose to re-x in a glass as opposed to a baking tray?

Hey 3rdI
No reason really..maybe a dish will be better for scraping...:d

i didnt think it would make any difference, but easier scraping and drying is the way to go i think.

good work:thumb_up:

BOOOOOOOOM, 50g of mhrb turned into 950mg of magic.

Gotta love the salt tek.

:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

3rdI said:
BOOOOOOOOM, 50g of mhrb turned into 950mg of magic.

Gotta love the salt tek.

:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

That's what we want to hear 3rdI....Sweeet!

(3,073 downloads and counting)

The icing on the cake is that the 950mg is all white and fluffy, even before re-x.

I've got pulls 6-7 in the freezer now, I've gotta hit the magic 2%.

Hey guys
running an Acacia extraction atm and wanted to add the salting part of this tek to my extraction.

My question is you would obviously up the amount salt for the amount of plant material you are using right?

Like say i had 500g i would use something close to like 400g salt?

^^^ SLiCeR. The object of the salt is to potentiate or amplify the ionic strength of the Basic (Alkaline) mixture, therefore more 'clumps' of molecule will migrate to the Solvent.
It will be down to the amount of water/liquid you have overall, not necessarily the amount of bark.
I would just add a heavily saturated solution to the mix...(I don't think you can over do it)
You will find that your first 2 pulls of solvent will be the most saturated...most of your product will come out here..following pulls will diminish in yield....but keep going till nothing comes out...then the bark is depleted.
😉

I hadn't seen this Tek before, but it's an absolute beauty! Well explained, great pics and a few really handy tips in there that I haven't come across elsewhere, e.g. using a sieve in your pan to prevent your naptha from bubbling too hard.

Thanks Cyb! I may well try this with 50g of the MHRB I've got on order as it's a really good and straightforward tek for noobs like me.

Fantabulous!

Non Dua Natura said:
I hadn't seen this Tek before, but it's an absolute beauty! Well explained, great pics and a few really handy tips in there that I haven't come across elsewhere, e.g. using a sieve in your pan to prevent your naptha from bubbling too hard.

Thanks Cyb! I may well try this with 500g of the MHRB I've got on order as it's a really good and straightforward tek for noobs like me.

Fantabulous!

If you are new to MHRB extractions, I suggest you try with smaller amounts like 50 or 100g. That way will gain more experience (due to multiple extractions) which may help you understand the process a bit better. Also this will reduced the amounts of "lost" material if something goes wrong.

^^^ Absolutely Yes Non Dua.. Start with 50g (1g yield = 30 - 40 hits) and perfect the process...then you can knock out a bigger one later..
:love:

Thanks for sharing cyb! It is very nicely laid out with great pictures to help along. Still got 75g MHRB that I may run through this tek in the future.

Back
Top Bottom