• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Cybs salt tek / Cybs MAX ION Tek - Question about add NPS/Shake part

Migrated topic.

Feoom

Rising Star
Hi All,

I have a question related to both teks. Cybs ATB Salt tek and MAX ION.

In step 6 (Adding NPS) from the Cybs ATB Salt Tek (Cybs' Hybrid ATB 'Salt' Tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki). The tek advices that the basic soup is reheated in a warm bath when shake/separate.

Measure out 50ml of naphtha (lighter fluid) and pour into the bottle.
Lightly shake and roll the mixture in a 'figure of 8' fashion (or like peddling a bike) for 20-30 seconds.(The idea is for the naphtha to 'touch' every part of the base mix)
Unscrew the cap momentarily to release any pressure build-up then tighten again.
Place back in a heat bath. (Heated pulls draw more product)
Leave for a while until the naphtha separates again. (edit: This has been reported to take an hour or so the first time (occasionally))
REPEAT THIS four times (shake/separate) to thoroughly mix them together. This should take around 45 mins.

In the MAX ION tek however, it is being advised to cool down the basic soup to room temperature (basic soup not being reheated) and mix with warm NPS and then shaken.

MAX ION
We are mostly working with freebase DMT in a naphtha/water system. We do this by attempting to decrease the solubility in the water layer while increasing the solubility in the naphtha layer.
How can we do this? Well heating the entire solution will increase the solubility in both layers, to different extents, but the bottom line here is that you want the bottom layer to be cool when your pulling the spice from it, so if you’re going to use temperature your best option is to heat the naphtha before adding it to the cool (room temp) water and mixing as much as possible before the temperature equilibrate (which happens within seconds).

Any thoughts on what i should go with?

Either will get you the results you are after.

MAX ION uses every trick available to squeeze every last drop out of the bark.

If you are not too worried about tiny amounts of difference...go with the original tek...its just quicker.
😉

cyb said:
Either will get you the results you are after.

MAX ION uses every trick available to squeeze every last drop out of the bark.

If you are not too worried about tiny amounts of difference...go with the original tek...its just quicker.
😉

Thank you for your answer Cyb. The normal tek provides me better use with my stir/hotplate. I yielded 1.24% with normal tek and 1.31% with max ion tek + mini a/b using MHRB.

Didn't use my hotplate stirrer yet though. So it might give a better yield then 1,24%.

I noticed that instead of repeating the step for 45 on each pull I literally do the shake/roll once, let settle and then pull the naphtha. Seems to pull just as much with even cleaner snow flakes. The longer I wait the more fats it seems to pull. All in all my 5 to 6 pulls only take about an hour to do

Back
Top Bottom