• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

First dmt experience - introduction

BigO

Esteemed member
Joined
Jul 19, 2026
Messages
26
Merits
625
Well my story with dmt began in the same way many people's does, with Strassman's the spirit molecule, although I just saw the documentary on Netflix like 15 years ago i would guess. At the time despite the fascinating accounts of the experiences, I found the idea quite terrifying. But the seed was planted.



Weed had ALWAYS been my medicine, sure it has some recreational value but above all else I consider it a powerful medicine and effective antidepressant.
I've had my share of battles with addictions over the years and i still currently take a few mgs of buprenorphine daily. Say what you will, that shit saved my life. I do however wish it was easier to quit. But I gotta go to work so 🤷‍♂️

My history with psychedelics is quite short. I did my first real mushrooms when I was about 24 with my girlfriend at the time, now my wife, but at that time all they did was make me puke for several hours i wouldn't say I experienced anything that resembles what I would now consider "psychedelia" it was the dmt use taught me the meaning of the word and we'll get to that 😆
I spent about 3 hours heaving up all the little shards of mushroom that I had ground up and swallowed with orange juice (never again🤣) with visions of mushrooms growing, melting, running down a drain. Over and over and over. Meanwhile my wife was looking at the wall laughing her ass off, which at least made me feel a little better

My mistake was taking 3.5g of dried cubes, everyone told me that's what you gotta do to get the full experience. That may be true to some extent, but i would not recommended an attempt to start at that level to say the least.

In the proceeding years I had a handful of mushroom trips, usually involving nausea and unpleasant body load. Really turned me off to shrooms.

Dmt came back into my attention just a few months ago, during a conversation where someone told me about [MOD EDIT - no source talk!] dmt vapes. I thought about trying to go get one but then I thought if they exist there must be a way to make one.

Eventually some mhrb powder came to my door (250g)

I found this website and studied all the teks until i felt like i had enough of a handle on the actual chemistry instead of just trying to follow a recipe.

I ended up settling on the q21 fluffy fun fest 😆 i wanted to avoid lye for various reasons that this allowed me to do that and get pure freebase for vaping

In the end i didn't calculate my exact yeild but about 2g total including the goey stuff . I would put a photo of my crystals jar but I'm still a little apprehensive about going the far. 😅

The night of my trip I was of course very nervous, I was watching you know Joe Rogan and guests talk about their experiences and some Terrance McKenna, whom i find to be very interesting he certainly comes across as quite intelligent but I don't tend to put much stock in the machine elves thing, i just wanted to learn some of the history of the culture.

My wife was planning to join me and try it with me but she fell asleep so I ventured up to the bedroom to journey into the unknown alone.

I have smoked some salvia back when you could still buy it here so I am at least familiar with smoking something the rips your reality apart instantly, for what little that is worth 😆

Anyways, I'm sitting on my bed in the dimly lit room I put the TV on and play one of favorite songs "cosmic" by avenged sevenfold. My favorite band and another reason for my rekindled interest in psychedelics.

I tried weighing a dose on the Amazon .001g scale i bought but nothing seemed to register as any amount of mass until I had quite a pile which made me nervous 😆 so I just eyeballed a much smaller amount of crystal into my puffco peak (not ideal i imagine, but it's what I've got and it does work) my only mistake in this case was using too much heat, didn't need the highest setting is what I learned..

I took the small hit and held it in. And I felt... something... a "come up" if you will but no visuals or real body load.

So i restarted my song and loaded up about idk 7x more crystals 😆 it WAS the right amount though, about 30mgs when I put an equal amount on a better scale later on...

I took the foul tasting vapor which tastes like mothballs I've come to realize since. I held it for only about 5 seconds. Some part of the back of my mind, chickened out, I knew deep down that Kansas was going fuckin BYE BYE if I didn't exhale lol so I did.


I instantly had the sensation of cresting the peak of a Rollercoaster and began descending rapidly brain first into a kaleidoscope of fractal colors. Like dipping my brain into a vat of what I always thought acid would feel like. Very intense body load. I immediately had a train of thought like "I can't believe I'M doing dmt . ME. right now. DMT! ... wait who or what am I in the first place??"

The next thing I remember i was trying to figure out if I had been breathing and tried to remind myself to do so. Focusing on the effort while trying to let go and not fight the trip. I had an impression at this moment of being greeted although it was only in hindsight I recognized the feeling. It was like walking into a classroom on the first day of school and all your friends are happy to see you...

I opened up my eyes to see the air having an electric green vibe to it. My hands looked like dead things that had been soaking in water. A thing I've heard described by others since. Added to the weirdness 😆 i couldn't really sense any love or anything like that it was like whatever emotion I had it was alien. Very very weird vibes

I started listening to the song again at this point as it passed the guitar solo and started to slow down.. I felt like I was under water, I tried to sing a little and it was like my voice was far away.

At a couple points I tried to close my eyes and remind myself to surrender to the experience. The intensity would quickly build to extreme levels and it felt like i was being smeared in a way across multiple dimensions. One foot in. One foot out.

At one point I experienced some pretty intense time dilation that was one of the coolest things I've ever heard. The music told me to "let it gooooo" and on the word go kept slowing down and down and down.. the same thing happened a couple more times as the song finished. I took a deep breathe and the room expanded, and came back to normal as I exhaled. Another first.

The waves of intensity gradually lessened and when the song calmed at the end i could tell i had been "released" by the dmt .. I continued having mild visuals for a little while like vines crawling in my carpet and such. I recall looking at my computer and watching reality itself warping like a yinyang symbol I suddenly understood the meaning of "psychedelic" . I finally UNDERSTOOD what fractals were. I had spent time among them, as part of them.

Even the next day I still felt quite high, music was incredibly beautiful. The afterglow faded into a kind of anxiety after a few days a sense of "i can never unsee what I've seen" but I just continued learning about these medicines and what they do for people and after a few more days I felt normal again

But not just normal. Improved. I can feel the neuroplasticity changing my thought patterns, in good ways. I love having new novel ideas and just thinking about existence and the mysteries of life. My taste in music has also changed, I'm enjoying things like shpongle that I just couldn't get my head around before.

However, my respect for the spice was also increased. I feel like it warned me I need to stop using weed like I do. And I also felt like it warned me against sharing it to people who may not be ready for such things. At the start of my journey I wanted to share the experience with as many people as possible but I learned this shit is HEAVY it's not for everyone, best left to people with the drive to seek it for whatever reason.

I've always heard the molecule will find you when you're ready for it. So, if i went out and extracted my own how do I know I was ready for it? I like to hope that being able to get mhrb is a sign the universe or whatever thinks I'm ready. Or maybe it's all nonsense. One thing i realized is that good many things are unknowable, best not to dwell on such things sometimes

I'm happy I worked up the nerve to finally post my experience, I can see there is a ton of wisdom here with you guys and you strike me as sincere decent folks. Glad to be here
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great to have you here - thanks for sharing your intro.
One thing i realized is that good many things are unknowable, best not to dwell on such things sometimes
That's a sensible viewpoint to take, as long as you still have a place for wonder and curiosity alongside it you'll be good. Are you planning to make any further excursions?
 
Great to have you here - thanks for sharing your intro.

That's a sensible viewpoint to take, as long as you still have a place for wonder and curiosity alongside it you'll be good. Are you planning to make any further excursions?
Once i work up the nerve 😆 I've been doing occasional very small sub breakthrough doses to try and get used to the general vibe of the space i guess you could say... when it starts feeling a little bit strong I find myself thinking "maybe dmt isn't for me, if a break through trip feels like this but MORE intense idk if i wanna do it"

Have been dabbling in mushrooms again lately though, seems like the dmt at least taught me how to make something out of the potential they have for an interesting and enjoyable experience
 
I have smoked some salvia back when you could still buy it here
If you still want Salvia, Salvia recognita and glutinosa are legal to grow. I get mine from Jellito - you can order by email

recognita & glutinosa are weaker than divinorum though. You need to extract the Salvinorin
 
If you still want Salvia, Salvia recognita and glutinosa are legal to grow. I get mine from Jellito - you can order by email

recognita & glutinosa are weaker than divinorum though. You need to extract the Salvinorin
Interesting idea, I was feeling like I wanted to try that again after all these years cuz i never really went that deep with it tbh we didn't really know the potential it had back then.. in my state some idiot smoked the extract while driving a car, it didn't end well for him and the government decided to ban it outright
 
Last edited:
I feel like I'm not in a huge rush to go down the salvia rabbit hole yet, I still want to work with the dmt some more first.

It's almost like even though it scares me a little, from what I can tell it scares most people. Overcoming the fear is a challenge i feel drawn to taking on. It's hard to explain but I almost feel like I'm being called to the dmt space despite my fear. Like there's a lesson i can learn about myself.

A sense of wonder and curiosity is unavoidable imo.... I'm just hesitant to draw and conclusions about anything based on what i experience. My whole deal is just experiencing in general.
 
DMT can teach us lessons. Im still new to it relatively but I have experienced Ayahuasca and an extract using Syrian Rue (Q21Q21 limonene tek). only once. I plan to use HIELO going forward

I understand that feeling of being drawn to or called to DMT. I also understand the fear/respect that you mention
 
There are so many things I can't help but wonder

Dmt is the strangest sensation I have encountered. Just feels so bizarrely alien and yet also familiar at the same time. I can't quite put my finger on why I'm afraid of it, to me it feels "mystical" for lack of a better word but like there's something real about what it can show you and not just things inside your head

On the other hand my experience gave me the strong impression that the human mind is capable of infinite complexity... I also have a suspicion that our consciousness is not derived from or created by our brain. The brain may be more of an interface device, it helps you to store memories of this life and provides the relevant survival instincts but I sense consciousness itself is some kind of underlying "force" of nature in the universe for lack of any better vocabulary to describe it

Everything about life and conscious existence on this planet is a source of wonder for me
 
There are so many things I can't help but wonder

Dmt is the strangest sensation I have encountered. Just feels so bizarrely alien and yet also familiar at the same time. I can't quite put my finger on why I'm afraid of it, to me it feels "mystical" for lack of a better word but like there's something real about what it can show you and not just things inside your head

On the other hand my experience gave me the strong impression that the human mind is capable of infinite complexity... I also have a suspicion that our consciousness is not derived from or created by our brain. The brain may be more of an interface device, it helps you to store memories of this life and provides the relevant survival instincts but I sense consciousness itself is some kind of underlying "force" of nature in the universe for lack of any better vocabulary to describe it

Everything about life and conscious existence on this planet is a source of wonder for me
You are stumbling across core truths of reality here, as slowly revealed by the molecule. While the whole 'just explore and keep an open mind' is good generic advice, it is equivalent to the guidance you need at base camp. As you continue with your DMT explorations and ascend the mountain you will benefit from a more coherent metaphysical framework to understanding what is happening and what you are experiencing.
There are some differences but much more commonalities between various mystic traditions out there and some of the intuitions you are deriving from the DMT experience. This is not a coincidence, rather its because they are describing the same broad terrain and some, although not all of it has been mapped out already for millenia so we do have guides and orientation available which will significantly deepen your understanding of your experience and enable you to go further.

Also, learn about Peganum Harmala and try brewing up some harmala tea or extracting harmalas and consuming them an hour or so before you take the DMT. It will lengthen the experience, slow the come up and generally make it more comprehensible and retainable as well making the prescence of the Most High beyond the veil more discernable in how it is guiding the trip and your path.
 
There are some differences but much more commonalities between various mystic traditions out there and some of the intuitions you are deriving from the DMT experience. This is not a coincidence, rather its because they are describing the same broad terrain and some, although not all of it has been mapped out already for millenia so we do have guides and orientation available which will significantly deepen your understanding of your experience and enable you to go further.

Also, learn about Peganum Harmala
The first part did occur to me at some point, I'd come up with an idea about how something works and think hey such and such ancient religion has always being saying that lol

I've got some freebase harmala extract but I haven't tried it yet
 
I had an interesting experience with the dmt last night.. just doing what I usually do i guess trying to take a light dose and just build my relationship with the molecule, if you will...

This time it took me a little deeper than usual with the amount that I vaped... I usually put a few mgs in the puffco and basically cut the heat as soon as it starts to produce vapor. That way it does not burn, makes the most of what's available to me, anyways This time when I exhaled and I saw a little bit of smoke/vapor come out of me I knew I was in for a bit of a ride lol

I've come to understand (I think) what people mean when they refer to the "space" in regards to a dmt experience. It's like passing the threshold of a door and all of a sudden the air is completely different. This time the force with which I was propelled through the door had me a bit worried exactly how far I would go. Which got my heart beating a little bit faster with the fear.. Who knows WHAT the dmt is gonna show you

What i don't understand is why for me, most of the time, being in there just feels weird. Off in some way, wrong... in hindsight I feel like I didn't have clear enough intentions, and the dmt likes to punish me for my carelessness it would seem.

It was much like my very first time trying the dmt, I just had this sense of "well this is what it feels like to be on dmt, you've been here before what did you hope to learn?"

This has me thinking deeply about my intentions and reasons for using this substance. It's one of the things I've continually struggled with. I feel as I'm sure many people here do, that I'm being called these experiences but for me I can't discern the reason.

I keep telling myself that it's not just a drug use thing, because I have yet to have a dmt experience that I would describe as pleasurable or even enjoyable. So what is it that keeps me coming back? Something i will continue to consider while I take a break from the ol molecule


In the meantime, this trip also reminded me about what I dislike in terms of the taste of the vaporized freebase. It's just awful, like I've mentioned the closest thing I can match it to would be mothballs. Im wondering if this means i could benefit from trying to further purify my spice through one method or another? It seems to always add to my experience in a negative way, i know it's commonly known as not tasting the great so maybe I should just try to infuse some kind of leaves?

I'm fascinated to see what any of you guys think about any of this, so fire at will
 
My call to DMT was purely Exploration, to see what's out there. Still is, though there are some very therapeutic states too that feel to be about teaching us about ourselves.
 
Sometimes when I use psychedelics, it seems like I'm hitting a wall of some kind within my mind. I've just never experienced them the way most people do, even without the usual medications that can interfere with these things..

it's almost like my idea of what reality is, is so ingrained in my psyche that even powerful tryptamines have a hard time to loosen it up. Even if I try to surrender, no matter how open minded i attempt to be I think that wall is always there.

It really makes me wonder if there is something that happened to me as a child that I have repressed.. I never gave much thought to that idea up until now in my life but I can't rule out the possibility. The question, is if you could remember what you had forgotten, would you want to?

I like to think one could come to terms with whatever trauma one was subjected to and move on but a wall THAT strong doesn't get built for nothin'

Or it could be that I'm just really attached to my materialist worldview as it's all I've ever known🤷

I'm on a quest to understand what spirituality is, what it means to ME, how can I integrate it into my life.
 
I've been thinking about how dmt is said to come into one's life when they are ready for it, whatever that means to the individual i suppose, and something interesting occurred to me.

Even though i ended up extracting my own i realized if the events of the last several years had not gone as they did then I would never have had the means or opportunity to do my extraction

Even finding this forum was an apparent act of fate, I found on another forum a pdf file about stb and it had a link to the old old version of this place.

I'm still taking a nice long indefinite break from doing any dmt, cuz the weirdness man, the weirdness got to me. When i come back to it though my intention is to accurately weigh a deliberately powerful dose and have an actual trip. It's not the intensity i can't handle, so far it's just been this indescribable weird feeling that I find incredibly unpleasant.

Maybe it's an emotion, but i don't know what you'd call it 😆 but I know I'm not gonna be able to leave it alone forever until I have the so called breakthrough
 
Sometimes when I use psychedelics, it seems like I'm hitting a wall of some kind within my mind. I've just never experienced them the way most people do, even without the usual medications that can interfere with these things..

it's almost like my idea of what reality is, is so ingrained in my psyche that even powerful tryptamines have a hard time to loosen it up. Even if I try to surrender, no matter how open minded i attempt to be I think that wall is always there.

It really makes me wonder if there is something that happened to me as a child that I have repressed.. I never gave much thought to that idea up until now in my life but I can't rule out the possibility. The question, is if you could remember what you had forgotten, would you want to?

I like to think one could come to terms with whatever trauma one was subjected to and move on but a wall THAT strong doesn't get built for nothin'

Or it could be that I'm just really attached to my materialist worldview as it's all I've ever known🤷

I'm on a quest to understand what spirituality is, what it means to ME, how can I integrate it into my life.
There's also the possibility of various types of neuroreceptor polymorphism. I've a dopamine receptor variant which is strongly linked to autism and ADHD, for example - and there are those who have serotonin receptor variants that which lead to a reduced sensitivity towards serotonergic psychedelics, or it may be due to a reduced expression of a serotonin receptor gene causing a relatively lower density of the relevant serotonin receptor.

Food for thought at least - and having an atypical neuroreceptor profile can itself be traumatising through behavioral divergences.
 
There's also the possibility of various types of neuroreceptor polymorphism. I've a dopamine receptor variant which is strongly linked to autism and ADHD, for example - and there are those who have serotonin receptor variants that which lead to a reduced sensitivity towards serotonergic psychedelics, or it may be due to a reduced expression of a serotonin receptor gene causing a relatively lower density of the relevant serotonin receptor.

Food for thought at least - and having an atypical neuroreceptor profile can itself be traumatising through behavioral divergences.
I would say it's atypical but not less sensitive, just less sensitive in certain ways it seems. For example I don't get many visuals from mushrooms but even small doses give me pretty extreme body load
 
There's also the possibility of various types of neuroreceptor polymorphism. I've a dopamine receptor variant which is strongly linked to autism and ADHD, for example - and there are those who have serotonin receptor variants that which lead to a reduced sensitivity towards serotonergic psychedelics, or it may be due to a reduced expression of a serotonin receptor gene causing a relatively lower density of the relevant serotonin receptor.

Food for thought at least - and having an atypical neuroreceptor profile can itself be traumatising through behavioral divergences.
Behavior divergences 🤣 story of my life brother
 
I would say it's atypical but not less sensitive, just less sensitive in certain ways it seems. For example I don't get many visuals from mushrooms but even small doses give me pretty extreme body load
Some people are just 'hard headed' whether for psychological, sociological or neurochemical reasons - or any combination of these and more.
Behavior divergences 🤣 story of my life brother
You're far from alone here, if that's any kind of reassurance :P
 
Back
Top Bottom