• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

General TEK questions Harmala, LSA, Datura

BlueVerge

Esteemed member
Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
6
Merits
245
Hello everybody! My name is Blue and I'm a psychonaut...

I've prepared a Santa list and I hope I will be forgiven for putting different topics together as I am preparing to pay some of my bad karma for having an organic chemistry summer exam back in highschool.


1 *************
Is it ok to make the arm of an overhead stirrer from strong steel wire (I don't know the steel number but is very thin and strong )
... should I cover it ? I have hot silicone and heat-shrink tubing used in electronics.(It will come in contact with lye so that oxydation process I'm worried about).

2 *************

Teks talk about vinegar- That's 5-15 % acidity. If this was to be substituted with citric acid, 1g of citric acid diluted in ...99 ml water would give something with 10% acidity that can be used in the tek? ..."add 60ml vinegar " would be the same with add 0.6g of citric acid?

3 *************

"New research by users indicate that salt can be used (with good results) with Acacia Extractions inc. A/B
(Just add salt at the Basification Stage (Step Five))"

NaCL... how much? - I've read "35g/100ml will saturate your solution"... and "26% is the maximum, 15 % will do it" Where am I going?

4 *************
LSA->LSH - I've read peppermint oil does the trick but also acetaldehyde rich products. But peppermint oil contains only traces of acetaldehyde.
takes a few drops just before or needs an entire night in the fridge? ...is rhum is more reliable? Coffee contains acetyldehide ...any thoughts?


5 *************
Any new data mixing LSA with IMAO? Harmine/Harmaline/TTH?

Any notes on the importance of vit.C in dosing/storing these?

6 *************
- acetone 99% - I suppose I can consider it anhidrous acetone. "?"


7 *************
Advanced LSA Extraction (MG) - Advanced LSA Extraction - DMT-Nexus Wiki

"Now its time to freebase the LSA so it can be extracted from the water layer. Add a small amount of ammonia (around 1 ml) to solution until it changes to a light yellow color. PH should be roughly 8.5-9.5."

... various teks mention ammonia, would that be ammonium hidroxide 10%, 25? . What should I be looking for?


8 *************
And lastly, to revive an incendiary topic - Datura stramonium seed extracts/purification? Anybody anything?
I've read a few seeds have an antinauseating effect. Also lemon oil and ginger. Nausea is my main concern (Harmala balancers?) as it can alter the quality of the trip greatly

Before taking a wave of advice against it I should mention that I'm definitely NOT RECOMMENDING them, but I've tried seeds more than once, smoked the leaves/flowers and had Belladona tincture I made. I was aiming at finding the border between wake and delirium...(with forgotten success) Now selective extraction is flying through my head on a broomstick. If only I'd knew how to do it... (I've read "start low and titrate from there" but what does that mean? :D

I've read reports that 3 Datura seeds added to LSA have benefic influence. 3 seeds have no psychedelic effect on their own... is there a chemistry interaction involved anybody knows of?


Thank you in advance and be sure all thoughts on the subjects will be minded :)


(Edited the name so it's more explicit)
 
Last edited:
LSH is easily obtained by harvesting and storing through freezing immediately after fresh seeds (Morning Glory).

LSA + Harmalas will potentiate LSA

I don't recommend using or eating datura. Transdermal absorbtion is safer. I especially caution the dangers of eating seeds; you don't know how many alkaloids you're ingesting. Choosing to extract pure scopolomine would allow for accurate dosing though you want to use PPE to prevent accidental dosing. I know nothing about extracting it but for safety reasons I would assume people here also caution against extraction. Some people still use datura - one of my friends uses tincture for dreaming iirc. No judgement, just heed caution for safety reasons.

I would suggest using harmalas instead of datura/scopolomine to enhance the effects and duration of LSA. Because you plan to extract it you may not have to worry as much about nausea or body load. Just ginger, lemon oil, or cannabis should greatly improve or eliminate nausea. Cannabis also reduces vasoconstriction and improves body load as well as it pairs so well with the LSA experience

For nausea wash/soak your seeds in either naptha or cooking oils; do 10 washes with it - this removes cyanogenic glycosides. I would also extract it. Kash's Advanced LSA extraction will procure a desirable end product that is superior to seeds but you can more simply just do a wash and extract with a suitable solvent - any good high proof alcohol will work - could try rum but the acetyldehyde conversion to LSH is an unproven theory that might or might not be converting LSA to LSH.

As for your ammonia question I have no idea because I've never freebased LSA but I know the process you chose is superior and will produce a desirable product - good luck. Someone else may need to chime in about the ammonia question

I have nothing else I can accurately contribute. Thanks for your consideration and have safe and wonderful journeys<3 peace and love
 
Datura seeds are pretty potent on their own, no need for extraction. Imo it would be even less practical to deal with isolated tropanes.
If you really want to use them, make a batch of seeds (or chosen part of plant), powder and homogenize, and use only that batch in small increments. Count pair of seeds.
Datura do not cause delirium, it causes dreams to mix with normal consciousness.
Do not redose!
 
And lastly, to revive an incendiary topic - Datura stramonium seed extracts/purification? Anybody anything?
This should not be discussed here, as the risk is very high. Someone needing to ask about it (like me if I were to do it, it's not a criticism) is most likely not prepared to handle safely those alkaloids in a purified state.

In general, it's better to not go into specifics about Datura use in the Nexus.
 
If your worried about nausea there are safer options than datura, even if your using a very small dose, you will def feel it when tripping and it will for sure alter it.

Lemon and ginger are safer options, ginger helps stomach discomfort pretty well ime.

Also, if rue wants you to vomit, you will, there is no way around it, it is just part of the experience, some herbs might slightly help reduce discomfort, but that's it.

And personally i don't see a reason to try and avoid vomiting when tripping، when you feel your stomach acting up, just force yourself to vomit, you will feel alot better afterwards, vomiting is natural body function to remove all the bs inside of you, including emotional distress.

Also, i'm not speaking for everyone, this is just my personal experience, but ime both harmala and LSA somwhat reduce the uncomfortable side effects of each other, it sounds illogical because both have similar side effects, but my experience says otherwise, i've never had any of the physical side effects of LSA people talk about when combined with rue, with low or high doses, and LSA has a magical relaxing feel to it that kinda smoothens out the rough aspect of rue, and btw this has also been my experience with nutmeg+rue, the first time i took both together before being tolerant to rue, the nutmeg completely killed the stomach discomfort from rue.

Again this is just my exprience, so take it with
a grain of salt, you could use LSA and harmala at small doses first to see how they play out, for me personally it is one of my favorite if not my favorite psychedelic combos, better than psilohuasca, ime.
 

RitualOpossum - Cheers !!! Datura is not THAT dangerous ... for me is a bit like a dark friend really... and the reported trips were not a difference with what was already there in the soul of the tripper. Psychedelics do punish the lack of respect in perfect measure. I've turned my attention to Datura after reading Castaneda (probably fictious accounts)... he said "plant of power". And indeed in my experience 10 Datura seeds brought an atmosphere similar to what coke brings, but lighter and darker (haha). I used to take them before work when I had field work. But at this number, the anticholinergic syndrome begun to express.. that is nastiest. ... well besides changing the "dream" every 10 seconds or so, almost never knowing where you are... :) at stronger doses.

...so I think there is a lot of potential in splitting the juices... extracts are easiest to dose really... with Datura one forgets but with DMT he doesn't...
for me, the opportunity to inspect my unconscious and remember it would be... phoa! Any entheogen does it, but I feel Datura produces clean[er] own state sight... maybe... ... would one not loose it...
Cheers again!


doubledog - in natural form ... pfff... I'm strong enough but too old for it :)) plus the anticholinergic s. ... it's unbearable.

blig-blug - thank you, it is a mature attitude, good to have you around too.

I already have the materials for MG, Rue and Mimosa. If I have the time will certainly pass a few Datura seeds through the teks, but I'm a literature geek... I tremble in the lab... tek suggestions from you people ... :O could possibly save me weeks of time. Shulgin microdosing from there and not much wrong could happen IMO.

....So?

harmala_afficianado - Thank you, advice taken.

 

@doubledog - in natural form ... pfff... I'm strong enough but too old for it :)) plus the anticholinergic s. ... it's unbearable.

@blig-blug - thank you, it is a mature attitude, good to have you around too.

I already have the materials for MG, Rue and Mimosa. If I have the time will certainly pass a few Datura seeds through the teks, but I'm a literature geek... I tremble in the lab... tek suggestions from you people ... :O could possibly save me weeks of time. Shulgin microdosing from there and not much wrong could happen IMO.

....So?
Now I am confused. Why you want to extract alkaloids from Datura and at the same time you feel that its effects are unbearable?

Btw. Any post with extraction tek for Datura will be deleted immediately.
 
Datura is not THAT dangerous ... for me is a bit like a dark friend really...
Sure any plant can have benefits, but the beauty of the LSA+Harmala combo is the brightness and light, i don't see how a dark friend will do any good, it's better to try them both first, so you get to know how they play out, then later if you want you can add a small dose of datura, but i feel like it's counterproductive with this combo.
 
I'm not looking for a fight... ... dog... :))))... read the posts wanting to understand.

PM possible TEK suggestions pls.

harmala_afficianado - you're simply right and I understand completely your stance. I am not yet planning any progressive mixes... I am preparing to perform some of the established teks and datura is matured now where I live...so... maybe try to isolate the dream component leaving the anticholinergic s. out... I don't say it's possible... but I have the time and some guidance I'd use.

... I said it's going to be incendiary, although it doesn't have to be. I had Datura and Belladona and they are not the same. Datura has lots more brilliance (dark as it is). Not isolating pure alkaloids, but splitting batches of them.... find the category where dream is... I think would be nice.

It's not a psychonaut marathon, but rather a step to be made. Why not? Suppose one can keep conscious and well while on it... another friend I'd say... maybe even a teacher...
 
Back
Top Bottom