• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hi everyone, nice to join the community:) yv-xest

Oh cmon don't give yourself a hard time, there's a learning curve to everything. It's really cool that you're an analytical chemist though, I love it when experienced chemists join the forum! We already have a few amazing ones around here that I'm sure you'll find plenty to talk about with, like @benzyme and @endlessness, and others that might not be professional chemists but have vast knowledge in the science, like @Transform.

Cheers and good luck with the second extraction, I'm expecting a glass dish fully covered in delicious white fluff ;)
Your prophecy was fulfilled, look at these fluffies:)
 

Attachments

  • 20261003_154922.jpg
    20261003_154922.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Oh cmon don't give yourself a hard time, there's a learning curve to everything. It's really cool that you're an analytical chemist though, I love it when experienced chemists join the forum! We already have a few amazing ones around here that I'm sure you'll find plenty to talk about with, like @benzyme and @endlessness, and others that might not be professional chemists but have vast knowledge in the science, like @Transform.

Cheers and good luck with the second extraction, I'm expecting a glass dish fully covered in delicious white fluff ;)
Now as a nerd I reached the hardest step for me where I have almost no relevant experience, the administration 🤓.

I understand that it will take some trials and errors to do it right but can you please review my plan and let me know if there are any critical mistakes?

Current equipment: Weights with 0.1g accuracy (I know it's bad) and a tobacco pipe (I never used one😅). No trip sitter :(

Plan 1.
Weight 1:1 ratio of mint and dmt and make enhanced leaf to smoke with pipe somewhere in nature (it is forbidden to smoke where I live, and I respect that). In this case I can use the weights I have pretty successfully.

Plan 2.
Stay home and weight 0.1g of Xtal, approximately divide the amount to 5 parts and sniff 1 after another until breakthrough.

For future I ordered mg Weights and YoCan Orbit as I saw it was recommended in forum.

Any review will be appreciated🙏
 
Now as a nerd I reached the hardest step for me where I have almost no relevant experience, the administration 🤓.

I understand that it will take some trials and errors to do it right but can you please review my plan and let me know if there are any critical mistakes?

Current equipment: Weights with 0.1g accuracy (I know it's bad) and a tobacco pipe (I never used one😅). No trip sitter :(

Plan 1.
Weight 1:1 ratio of mint and dmt and make enhanced leaf to smoke with pipe somewhere in nature (it is forbidden to smoke where I live, and I respect that). In this case I can use the weights I have pretty successfully.

Plan 2.
Stay home and weight 0.1g of Xtal, approximately divide the amount to 5 parts and sniff 1 after another until breakthrough.

For future I ordered mg Weights and YoCan Orbit as I saw it was recommended in forum.

Any review will be appreciated🙏
First of all, congrats on your successful extraction! How much input plant matter did you use to get these crystals?

Second of all, please do not consume any of your product before you've obtained a milligram scale. A dekagram scale leaves too much margin for error, considering the experiential difference between correctly vaporizing 30mg and 100mg is night and day, and for someone with no experience in the kind of intensity that DMT offers, I would strongly discourage taking that risk and would recommend you exercise patience until your milligram calibration weights arrive.

In terms of enhanced leaf, I don't know how well mint works, I've heard it can irritate some people's lungs. Most people opt for mullein as a neutral base. Two pretty good topics to start your research from would be A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) and Enhanced Leaf Vaporization Temperature.

Regarding your second plan, I was under the assumption you're extracting DMT in its freebase form? If so, snorting it won't do much for you, because you'd need the fumarate form for that. Plenty of info on the forum about that - "dmt fumarate" search results.

Considering you're measuring using weights, I'm assuming you have some kind of fancy balancing scale. If that's the case, would be really cool if you shared a pic of it. I'd like to see what you're working with, because measuring one's doses is of incalculable importance IMO.

Cheers!
 
First of all, congrats on your successful extraction! How much input plant matter did you use to get these crystals?

Second of all, please do not consume any of your product before you've obtained a milligram scale. A dekagram scale leaves too much margin for error, considering the experiential difference between correctly vaporizing 30mg and 100mg is night and day, and for someone with no experience in the kind of intensity that DMT offers, I would strongly discourage taking that risk and would recommend you exercise patience until your milligram calibration weights arrive.

In terms of enhanced leaf, I don't know how well mint works, I've heard it can irritate some people's lungs. Most people opt for mullein as a neutral base. Two pretty good topics to start your research from would be A Guide to DMT Enhanced Leaf (Changa) and Enhanced Leaf Vaporization Temperature.

Regarding your second plan, I was under the assumption you're extracting DMT in its freebase form? If so, snorting it won't do much for you, because you'd need the fumarate form for that. Plenty of info on the forum about that - "dmt fumarate" search results.

Considering you're measuring using weights, I'm assuming you have some kind of fancy balancing scale. If that's the case, would be really cool if you shared a pic of it. I'd like to see what you're working with, because measuring one's doses is of incalculable importance IMO.

Cheers!
Thanks for such a quick response:)

I used 46g of MHBR (no reason for being so specific just everything left). I used CYB's hybrid salt tek without acid step. The only thing I changed was addiction of NaOH before each pull to replace heat bath, as I didn't have anything to use as bath😅 and the exothermal reaction was pretty good heat source imo. I used 3 small pulls < 50ml. And I am pretty sure I can go for 2-3 more pulls from the bottle.

Yes you are right the crystals are in free base form, much thanks for letting me know such thing exists about sniffing:)

Regarding mint I will smoke the "blank" first to see if any unpleasant thing happens before enhancing it.

I just use regular kitchen weighs for 20 bucks:)
 
What I ment that I can use my weight for enhanced leaf technique is for example I can weight 0.5g DMT and 0.5g leaves, enhance the leaves then measure again the gained weight. Then I can measure 0.1g of mixture expecting 50 mg dmt, similarly with other target values just manipulating the leave dmt ratio (idk if I answered your question :))
 
Ok I see, so you're trying to do what is effectively volumetric dosing. That's perfectly fine, but it relies on knowing, with high precision, what your starting amounts are. With a scale that only detects changes of 0.1g you can very easily miscalculate those starting amounts. And sure, you can start with smoking very, very small amounts of e-leaf and bumping up the dose until you reach your desired state, but it's much easier knowing your amounts with some decent level of precision in general.

I would recommend a scale I know many Nexians use, including me - the AWS Gemini-20. It's not lab-grade accurate, of course, but it definitely gets the job done, as long as you're not measuring something where a difference of just a few milligrams is crucial to the end experience. A pro tip people seem to have found with this one is it gets really quite accurate if you tare it somewhere near the middle of its max capacity, so about 10g, and weigh from there.

So yeah, I'd definitely recommend you apply some patience until you have a way of somewhat accurately measuring out milligram doses before you dive in. As you know, one of the pillars of this community is harm prevention, so I'm not saying all of this just because I want you to be safe, but because this is the example the Nexus is trying to set - safety and educated use above all else.
 
Ok I see, so you're trying to do what is effectively volumetric dosing. That's perfectly fine, but it relies on knowing, with high precision, what your starting amounts are. With a scale that only detects changes of 0.1g you can very easily miscalculate those starting amounts. And sure, you can start with smoking very, very small amounts of e-leaf and bumping up the dose until you reach your desired state, but it's much easier knowing your amounts with some decent level of precision in general.

I would recommend a scale I know many Nexians use, including me - the AWS Gemini-20. It's not lab-grade accurate, of course, but it definitely gets the job done, as long as you're not measuring something where a difference of just a few milligrams is crucial to the end experience. A pro tip people seem to have found with this one is it gets really quite accurate if you tare it somewhere near the middle of its max capacity, so about 10g, and weigh from there.

So yeah, I'd definitely recommend you apply some patience until you have a way of somewhat accurately measuring out milligram doses before you dive in. As you know, one of the pillars of this community is harm prevention, so I'm not saying all of this just because I want you to be safe, but because this is the example the Nexus is trying to set - safety and educated use above all else.
I guess as a noobie the wisest thing to do would be to follow the advice of experienced people:)
While I know how to calculate and stuff I don't have any idea how much can measurement errors effect the experience of dmt. Probably will get the weights you recommend too. Thank you again, I am very glad that I posted my questions🙏
 
Back
Top Bottom