• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Hi from southeastern Brazil

Migrated topic.
endlessness said:
If you look for organic vinegar, either online or in some fancier health food store/supermarket, it will more likely not have preservatives..

Uh... looking for organic vinegar online I can only find apple, wine and other similar types of vinegars, not the plain "white vinegar" or "vinagre de alcool". I'm assuming that these "flavours" contain things we don't really want. I could try to look around offline but do you by any chance know where online I could find this?

brazilman said:
endlessness said:
If you look for organic vinegar, either online or in some fancier health food store/supermarket, it will more likely not have preservatives..

Uh... looking for organic vinegar online I can only find apple, wine and other similar types of vinegars, not the plain "white vinegar" or "vinagre de alcool". I'm assuming that these "flavours" contain things we don't really want. I could try to look around offline but do you by any chance know where online I could find this?

I just realized there is apparently a difference between "vinagre branco" e "vinagre de alcool". I'm a little confused. God, I feel like such a retard... still, searching for "vinagre branco organico" just gets me tons of organic apple and white wine vinegar.

Regarding the alcohol, would "alcool absoluto" (like this: Alcool Absoluto 99 3 1l ) be appropriate? I saw some people use "IPA" on your thread, is something like this what is being used: Alcool Isopropilico 1l , or is there some sort of subtle difference I'm not aware of? If all three can be used, which do you think is best? I'll be looking around offline and it would be good to know my options.

endlessness said:
Most things you can find at mercado livre if you're willing to buy online

Hey, I'm not doing anything with nafta right now but just for future reference, is Zippo lighterfluid adequate for this, or would I need to go in search of something else? I've noticed in the pictures they have online it says "formula" but I haven't been able to find anything stating ingredients. Do you know?

So I started the tek suggested by endlesness, 20g. I was going to post on his thread but I realized I can't yet. Wanted to share. Anyone with the know-how, if I'm doing something stupid, let me know.

Once I mixed with the sodium carbonate to form a paste, it went from a light brown to a very dark brown (if not outright black). After something like 8 hours it seemed dry, had a chunky powdery consistenty to it. I did the ethanol pulls, the liquid is blue, maybe a little green. It's really cold now (for brazilian standards), I think the ethanol evap is really, really slow.

Back
Top Bottom