• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

How Did Mother Ayahuasca Enter Your Experience?

Migrated topic.

Limbol

Rising Star
I only tried Ayahuasca as a brew and over a dozen of experiences, the plant spirit only entered my experience twice.

Before I went into this uncharted domain of psychedelics I did not know what to expect. The first attempt I was scared shitless and 15 minutes after drinking the brew I really started to change my mind and wished I never did drink the tea. To my relief nothing happened and I thought that my plant material was bad, wrong or weak. Maybe I just had been ripped off but I did not mind.

The following week I tried again, I put the tea in my mouth – and spit it out again, very intelligent!

The third time a week later I tried again. Swallowed the brew and waited. Boom… there it was, colors started to change, I was electrified in my body. I felt light as a feather. I decided to lay down in my bed and when I closed my eyes “lights” appeared. I heard about geometric patterns but for me it was just some kind of lights. When I was laying there, a voice appeared and I instantly knew it was this so called Mother Aya/Plant spirit/Guide. My fear and anxiety disappeared and I was really exited that the plant material I had bought really was the “real deal” – that it really worked.

On my fourth aya experience the same “entity” came into my experience and talked to me as previously done. For me this Aya spirit was gender less so to call it Mother Aya feels a bit weird to me – but nonetheless there it was.

For someone who never previously tried psychedelics it was really amazing with this alteration of reality. To have an “entity” to enter your experience and talk to you was just mind bending.

Long story short
Mother Ayahuasca entered my experience in two different occasions. For me it’s gender less and has no shape or face. The feeling was “comfort” and “guidance”.

How have Mother Aya entered your experience?

Nothing happened after your first attempt? I'm thinking that your brew may be low in potency. The first time I made ayahuasca I made it to weak because of bad plant material so it does happen. Ayahuasca can be a very difficult experience so don't get the idea in your head that mother aya is all nice and friendly. Ayahuasca always shows me what I'm doing wrong in life and then makes me suffer for it lol. Mother aya can be a real b--h trust me haha.

Running Bear said:
Nothing happened after your first attempt? I'm thinking that your brew may be low in potency. The first time I made ayahuasca I made it to weak because of bad plant material so it does happen. Ayahuasca can be a very difficult experience so don't get the idea in your head that mother aya is all nice and friendly. Ayahuasca always shows me what I'm doing wrong in life and then makes me suffer for it lol. Mother aya can be a real b--h trust me haha.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with potency. It's the spirit after all. And I think that when you even just smell or taste the medicine, that shiver that goes down the body is the energy of the plants entering the body, anyway, I encountered her first with a caapi only brew, then in a ceremony, and she pops up in my day to day experience from time to time, she's helped me quite a bit in spiritual sense. The ego needs to take a back seat for this to happen, you have to be open.

If you want to connect with the Caapi spirit, make the intention. You can use your breath as well. Try sending your energy to the plant through your breath and see what happens.

BundleflowerPower said:
If you want to connect with the Caapi spirit, make the intention. You can use your breath as well. Try sending your energy to the plant through your breath and see what happens.

This really interests me BundleFlowerPower!

Can you elaborate a bit on this? I practice pranayama breathing techniques regularly (and these sometimes bring on visionary states by themselves). And SWIM has had some of their best ever experiences with plant teachers having first done a round of pranayama.

But this idea of sending energy back to the plant through the breath *during* the experience is fascinating and intuitively sounds right. I assume this would work for other plants teachers as well?

So any additional comments you might have on this would be very much appreciated!

BundleflowerPower said:
Sometimes it has nothing to do with potency. It's the spirit after all. And I think that when you even just smell or taste the medicine, that shiver that goes down the body is the energy of the plants entering the body, anyway, I encountered her first with a caapi only brew, then in a ceremony, and she pops up in my day to day experience from time to time, she's helped me quite a bit in spiritual sense. The ego needs to take a back seat for this to happen, you have to be open.

Most of the time it does. he has never done psychedelics in his life and after 12 ayahuasca trips mother aya didn't slap him even once? Doesn't sound right to me. You must have a clean conscience haha.
:?:

Running Bear said:
BundleflowerPower said:

Most of the time it does. he has never done psychedelics in his life and after 12 ayahuasca trips mother aya didn't slap him even once? Doesn't sound right to me. You must have a clean conscience haha.
:?:

I see your point, but most people seem to be interested in other aspects of the experience, like the visions and all, but they asked about caapi spirit, if I read it right. So I assumed they believe in spirit

digitalvygr said:
BundleflowerPower said:

Can you elaborate a bit on this? I practice pranayama breathing techniques regularly (and these sometimes bring on visionary states by themselves). And SWIM has had some of their best ever experiences with plant teachers having first done a round of pranayama.

But this idea of sending energy back to the plant through the breath *during* the experience is fascinating and intuitively sounds right. I assume this would work for other plants teachers as well?

So any additional comments you might have on this would be very much appreciated!

So I don't just mean during the experience. Try to incorporate the plants into you pranayama practice. Connect with them like that. Breathe them in, and breathe your energy back to them. Same as connecting with a person. What can happen is magic by any conventional explanation in my opinion.

O I believe in spirit, trust me. But I don't necessary believe mother aya is all good, not after what I've seen. ayahuasca and other psychedelics have also been used for dark and evil magic but no one ever wants to bring that part up.

Running Bear said:
O I believe in spirit, trust me. But I don't necessary believe mother aya is all good, not after what I've seen. ayahuasca and other psychedelics have also been used for dark and evil magic but no one ever wants to bring that part up.

That's true. But your intent is more important than what others use them for. It's just like spirituality in general, everything is subjective in a way. Looking at her as having darkness can manifest that. Focus on what you want to get out of it, if your intent is in alignment with hers, she'll help you. And you have to remember that sometimes we perceive a lesson that is being taught as something backhanded, when in reality, it was simply our lack of understanding that caused us to view it as dark.

I think its more of a portal to the spirt world than a plant entity. I also believe that you can run into both good and bad entities in that realm. Its almost like the evil spirts watch you in the physical world and know all your darkest secrets. If your not living a good life then you give them permission to torture you in the spirt world. I may be wrong but its what I experienced lol.

Running Bear said:
I think its more of a portal to the spirt world than a plant entity. I also believe that you can run into both good and bad entities in that realm. Its almost like the evil spirts watch you in the physical world and know all your darkest secrets. If your not living a good life then you give them permission to torture you in the spirt world. I may be wrong but its what I experienced lol.

It's all perspective. You can just as easily look at those negative entities as unresolved parts of self. The ego can create all sorts of monsters, because when you get down past ego in a good ceremony, all that remains is love. All that negativity is wiped away at that level.

BundleflowerPower said:
digitalvygr said:
BundleflowerPower said:

So I don't just mean during the experience. Try to incorporate the plants into you pranayama practice. Connect with them like that. Breathe them in, and breathe your energy back to them. Same as connecting with a person. What can happen is magic by any conventional explanation in my opinion.

Let's hypothetically say that a person is one week away from doing a traditional all night Peyote ceremony, but does not actually posses the Peyote in question until going through the ceremony, i.e. it will be provided. Is just having the intent to connect enough, or is it better to actually have a mescaline bearing item there when doing the pranayama practice?

Any other tips along these lines sounds like they would help SWIM prepare and have a better experience than they otherwise might.

I would say:

1. Drown SWIM. Own yourself. I am not aware of any successful legal defense ever predicated on "SWIM".

is it better to actually have a mescaline bearing item there when doing the pranayama practice?

2. I think peyote/SP probably does not think in terms of mescaline alone. It is, and you are... No need to over-think things. Be clean, be ready...some respect/humility, and you're golden!

Running Bear I have not been slapped by Ayahuasca as of yet. And I guess it has a lot to do with what BundleflowerPower talk about (intention, spirit etc). To go further I feel like I’m the one controlling the experience. I read about Aya give you what you need rather then what you want. I’m under the impression that I actually get what I want rather than being catapulted into some random domain.

I don’t believe Aya is dark or evil, It ties with what BundleflowerPower said about perspective. At least that resonates with my own experiences regarding the subject of dark/evil.

My brew is mimosa and syrian rue (Not B.caapi) Does that make any difference to the Mother Ayahuasca experience?

Limbol said:
My brew is mimosa and syrian rue (Not B.caapi) Does that make any difference to the Mother Ayahuasca experience?

Mucho.

Generally, aya is considered to be the vine (caapi) plus whatever else (chacruna, chaliponga, etc).

Rue is an effective MAOI in it's own right, so it can potentiate DMT, but it doesn't contain any THH (unlike caapi), which as eloquently explained here, is probably key to the whole experience.

So with rue you're taking an analog (anahuasca). You'll probably get something, it will be similar in some ways, but otherwise qualitatively different from a caapi-brew.

Mimosa also has it's own qualities, and is not typically used in the majority of Amazonian "recipes", but it's common elsewhere.

Search for "mimohuasca" for more info.

From my own experience, the rue/mimosa combo scores quite high on the nausea stakes, esp if you're new to it...

BundleflowerPower said:
is it better to actually have a mescaline bearing item there when doing the pranayama practice?

Perhaps, but I feel like intent is the most important thing here.

Thanks, your advice is much appreciated!

Is there an archetype or name that I might use as a guide to connect to? Mother Aya seems to get portrayed in artwork and reports a lot, but the only name I have ever heard for the spirit of Peyote/mescaline is "Mescalito" but that might be more of a literary artifact...

digitalvygr said:
BundleflowerPower said:

Perhaps, but I feel like intent is the most important thing here.

Thanks, your advice is much appreciated!

Is there an archetype or name that I might use as a guide to connect to? Mother Aya seems to get portrayed in artwork and reports a lot, but the only name I have ever heard for the spirit of Peyote/mescaline is "Mescalito" but that might be more of a literary artifact...

I really don't know how to explain the way I do it. But the first time I really connected with the plants was when I was in my dark night of the soul. I was purging my shit for like 11 days, it was like a prolonged ayahuasca journey really. One day something told me to get a leaf from each of my plants, then chew them up and eat them. One by one I chewed them up, then swallowed the juice, each time as the juice went down my throat, I could feel the plant spirit rising through my body, and proceed to push whatever I was purging straight out the top of my head. It was like they possessed me for lack of a better discription. One by one I ate, with each new one I gained more power. The most powerful ones seem to be caapi, toe, esphand, pau d'arco (this plant is super powerful btw), yaupon, and San Pedro, at least at that time, now I know a few others like that.

Another thing is the flow state that people talk about. It's almost like that, except when we connect, it's the plant and me as one flowing through my body.

The trick is to keep in mind that almost all of this you either just know how to do one day, or the plants themselves teach you. Like I didn't know anything about pranayama before the time I ate those leaves, but after that, it's like something within me showed me how.

It's a trip probably if a "normal" person reads this, but it was very real to me. I know some people here are reductionists, but this stuff is magic.

Back
Top Bottom