That's something everyone should be aware of, whether you believe in it or not. Psychedelics open us up and we can catch all kinds of stuff. That's why a proper ceremony is a must, imo. It's an age-tested technology to minimize harm and produce a safe, workable environment. You usually start a ceremony by opening the space with your intent through prayer or affirmations and close the field at the end of it. Still, a strong dose could open you so much that stuff just gets in. You can see it as parasitic entities or just negative emotions - it's all the same. So it's up to you to be vigilant and protect yourself, whatever that means for you. Rue incense is good for clearing space, mapacho is a traditional tool for just that, and perfumed water like Agua de Florida saved me a number of times. Psychic hygiene should be as important as bodily one. That's what I feel.
Morning all , I agree , we do need to protect ourselves from foreign bad energies , definitely ! I've seen them.
But in my thinking , It's not the ceremony that matters , its far deeper than that , it's about how we live our lives , how we conduct ourselves. Does our empathy stretch further than the edge of our bubble ,
are we a force for order or chaos ( good or bad). And most importantly are we lieing to ourselves !!
I'm not trying to say I'm a saint , far from it , but my actions define me they are my foundation .
The fact that I'm mostly a force for good Is what protects me , I wear it as my armour of confidence.
I really do believe that this is what protects me in there .
I have often used this confidence when experience a turn for the worst , rather than hide and retreat from it
I hold my head up and with a fukyou I am the light ! Negative entities back of .
I Know this sound a bit Lame but its worked for over 35 years . Our actions either give us the confidence
or self doubt. And to be a long term psychedelic explorer , it's confidence what is needed , for one's own sanity.