• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Instant ayahuasca little lightening bolt TEK

Migrated topic.
I'm gonna go ahead and bump this thread...
I know it's old and most of the users are gone but the neat little teks on post one is a great little toolkit for newbies. :thumb_up:

Hello all

I'm looking for more information regarding the use of chacruna in this tek; the original author states success, while a user here says it failed... anyone who tried it around here?

I'm thinking of doing a chacruna + everclear jar without tearing the fresh leafs, and leave it for a month.

Maybe I missed it in the original but what kind of
Dose do those original measurements represent ?
One dose or multiple doses ? The tek sounds interesting

Very old thread- but I am intrigued by this tek. Anyone experiment with this since 2013?

What would be the difference in results (in terms of both the experience & the side-effects (like nausea etc.)) compared to a cold water extraction (CWE) of MHRB?

Dorge adds his MAOI to the alcohol extraction. Would it work better, worse or the same to consume syrian rue or harmala HCL 20-40 minutes before a pure MHRB alcohol extraction?

Unless my first attempt at this was a fluke, I would that this is tek is highly underrated!

I left 4g of powdered MHRB soak in 96,2% alcohol for about a month, agitating the mixture on average twice a day by gently stirring the jar. Then I let the alcohol evaporate and put the residue in gel caps. I consumed approx. 190-200mg harmala hcl in a gel cap and 15 minutes later the MHRB extract. I poked a little hole in each gel cap, which seems to increase absorption. I did have to eat a little something 40 minutes after the MHRB consumption to get it working, like Dorge also reports. About 3,5 hours into it I took a MAOI booster (2g Syrian Rue alcohol extraction) and 15 minutes after that alcohol extract of 1,6g of MHRB, which nicely extended the experience.

It was a very lovely and warm experience, not overwhelming intensity but very very nice and happy and cathartic.

In terms of nausea, I got the sense that it produces less nausea than hot brews, but I cannot be sure because for the first time I combined the ayahuasca with Cosmic Lion's anti-nausea recipe (simplified version), which definitely was effective. I mostly had lingering nausea in the come-down, uncomfortable but not overwhelming. No purge.

If like me what you want is a foolproof, low-effort and reliable (and taste-free) way of making ayahuasca (mimosahuasca), this seems the way to go.
I failed and semi-failed making brews for over a year, so very happy to have come upon this old thread! Thanks DMT-Nexus & Dorge!

The only downsides to this method are:
-Pure alcohol is expensive. Looks like I'll be looking into a way of cheaply distilling my own alcohol (any tips on that are welcome).
-According to this recipe, it should soak at least a 2 weeks - a month, so you need to make it well in advance. I plan on making extractions for multiple trips so that I always have some on hand.

Last edited:
Also, shouldn't this thread be moved to the ayahuasca section? This tek I believe will mostly be valuable for literature/philosophy nerds like myself trying to get their aya brew right, not people who are into 'advanced chemistry'!

Pure alcohol is expensive. Looks like I'll be looking into a way of cheaply distilling my own alcohol (any tips on that are welcome)
Not sure if the link in the OP is still current, but making sugar wash and distilling it is pretty easy:
http://www.home-distilling.com/default.asp you can produce your own high proof ethanol very cheaply and discreatly for many years
A low budget alternative is simply collecting discarded vodka and schnapps bottles, which will yield a half litre or more in a few months if you're diligent. With luck, you can find nearly full bottles that have been lost or discarded! It's still best to distill this stuff to get rid of possible saliva remnants…

Here's a couple more quotes that seem pertinent to repeat, since they answer some likely questions that would come up for those who may not have read the whole thread.
NOTE ON OTHER PLANTS WITH THIS TEK:
SWIM has done this tek with chacruna as well. The end result after heat evap was a bright green lovely oil. This was not as strong as MHRB but there was visionary experiences that occured later on in the evening, leaving the group with a clear open heart and head, radiating light. Other plants to explore would be demanthus roots.

Some one recently told swim that they had tried brewing various ayahausca teas for years with no luck and recently tried just a shot of mimosa extract with rue and it was the greatest experience hes ever had...

Also, shouldn't this thread be moved to the ayahuasca section? This tek I believe will mostly be valuable for literature/philosophy nerds like myself trying to get their aya brew right, not people who are into 'advanced chemistry'!
Yeah, this doesn't count as 'advanced chemistry' in my book either, will relocate thread forthwith!

NB: don't use denatured industrial alcohol if intending to consume the tincture as is - vodka @ 40% ABV would be preferable.

I am a bit wary of using industrial alcohol even if evaporating it. If I am being needlessly paranoid here, that would actually be great, because industrial alcohol is a lot cheaper than the 96,2% alcohol I bought (which can be used for cooking etc.). So, it is safe if I evaporate it...? One reason I am paranoid is because they are stored in plastic bottles and am fearful that the alcohol soaks up toxic stuff from the plastic that would then be left in the residue?

Do you know what denaturant it has?
The bottles I have been looking at do not mention which denaturant. I think I'll order a 99,9% bottle, let 400ml or so evaporate and see if it leaves anything behind. If it leaves behind nothing that should mean I end up with pure MHRB extract, right?

The bottles I have been looking at do not mention which denaturant. I think I'll order a 99,9% bottle, let 400ml or so evaporate and see if it leaves anything behind. If it leaves behind nothing that should mean I end up with pure MHRB extract, right?
You'd probably get away with evaporating a far smaller puddle on a smooth glass(preferably mirror) surface. Clean the glass first by wiping with a clean paper tissue moistened with a little of the ethanol, and immediately another clean, dry tissue.

I got a bottle of 99,9% isopropyl alcohol, which the description mentioned was 'not denatured'. Then 2 tests:
-Evaporated I would guess about 200ml in a small glass scale.
-Evaporated a small puddle on a mirror surface as per @Transform's instructions.

Both tests left no discernible residue whatsoever.

So, unless my ignorant brain is missing something, this should mean it is safe to use IPA for extractions as long as it allowed to fully evaporate at the end of the process-- Or at least the particular bottle of IPA I got is safe.

This is actually wonderful news because IPA is about 1/4th the price of the 96,2% grain alcohol I have been using so far, making this tek very affordable. And this will allow me to experiment with multiple alcohol washes to get a possibly more potent extract. I won't even bother distilling my own alcohol.

Also, even during my very brief exposure I felt the IPA irritate my lungs. I will probably get a mask or do my pouring outside or something. Be careful with it.

----

Something else I want to briefly address: Be careful with the dosages Dorge prescribes in the first post of this thread.

My first experiment described above was with 4g instead of 15g of MHRB and it gave me what I -- IM(limited)E -- would say is an experience of medium intensity, or at least at the tail-end of what would count as 'low intensity'. I have not worked with Caapi yet but from what I've read Dorge's dosage was on the low side. A bigger MAOI dose combined with that same 15g of MHRB might have resulted in a much too intense experience. Start low and see what response you get, adjust accordingly.

So, I have a bunch of soaks going-- Most with the grain alcohol I got left but also 2 with isopropyl alcohol. One striking difference is that the grain alcohol turns dark brown/red quickly, whereas the iso soaks remain fairly translucent. Does this indicate inferior absorption by the iso?

Also, the powder in the iso soaks sticks to the bottom of the jar a lot more compared to grain alcohol soaks, so it is harder to make the material swirl around in the liquid.

Harmala solubility in iso is even worse than in ethanol, too.
Interesting, if that is true than that should further increase suspicion with regards to Dorge's prescribed dosages, whose already low-ish dose of caapi was soaked in iso (and also consumed at the same time as the MHRB extraction.

Any clue as to whether ethanol or iso would soak up more DMT?

Any clue as to whether ethanol or iso would soak up more DMT?
DMT freebase is ridiculously soluble in both these alcohols. Solubility of salt forms depends on the anion (i.e. the acid used).

For example, a single drop of ethanol will liquefy an appreciable heap of freebase, whereas DMT fumarate can be recrystallised from boiling iso.

DMT freebase is ridiculously soluble in both these alcohols. Solubility of salt forms depends on the anion (i.e. the acid used).
Interesting, so this does mean you would recommend adding an acid to these cold alcohol soaks? If so, which acid would be the best choice?
EDIT: And am still unclear as to whether iso or ethanol would be better for soaking up orally active DMT, if any? Tnx again for all the help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom