• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Instant ayahuasca little lightening bolt TEK

Migrated topic.
Do you usually use a cola drink for this purpose, or generally with your brews?
This is the third time I've tried it, with the purpose of turning the DMT into a salt form. I feel ambiguous about it, but after 1+ year of drinking horrid vinegar brews I refuse to continue using vinegar. I've heard citric acid is more neutral-tasting acid, but have yet to try it.

This is the third time I've tried it, with the purpose of turning the DMT into a salt form. I feel ambiguous about it, but after 1+ year of drinking horrid vinegar brews I refuse to continue using vinegar. I've heard citric acid is more neutral-tasting acid, but have yet to try it.
There are several other food acids which taste far better than vinegar! Besides citric and ascorbic acid, malic, succinic and tartaric acid all have a reasonable flavour profile. I go for ascorbic both because of its easy availability here and also because of it being a vitamin. It also pairs well with a bit of honey and a drop of lemon essential oil for masking harmala brews :p

Would the product of the alcohol extraction after the lime treatment be pure enough for enhanced leaf/changa?

Also, would trace amounts of lime be (completely?) removed by running the tincture through a cotton ball filter? If it were only to remove trace amounts trapped in the upper layer, the process would simply be letting it run through the filter, yes?

Removing excess plant matter from the untreated vodka tincture was a more involved process than I had hoped for. The long and short of it is that you need to dilute the tincture with water because the vodka redissolves most of the precipitated plant matter once it thaws (unlike with water brews, where the plant matter conveniently sticks to the bottom).

The question now is whether there is still enough alcohol in there to prevent the lime to drag down the DMT along with tannins etc. So, it would be very useful to find out this:
[This was a roundabout way of addressing the question about lower %ABV solvent - there is a yet-to-be-established lower limit where the solubility of DMT becomes too poor, and the lime precipitation would then co-occur with DMT. In such and instance, the DMT could still be recovered with a higher %ABV rinse.]

Ideally, diluting with water would not cause an issue here. If really necessary some more ethanol could of course be added after the freeze/thaw cycles and before the lime step. (Evap of the alcohol before consumption seems preferable anyway, IMO).
But it is unclear to me whether 'dilutedness'/concentration of the alcohol matters for the lime step or if the issue is simply that there be enough ml of alcohol to hold the DMT, even if it is in a larger amount of water than initially.

That being said, I am probably done with this lime tek. I think it's a promising tek for convenient pharmahuasca but now that I have experienced first-hand (by way of contrast) the important role that the plants play in the experience, I will probably just continue working with alcohol brews for oral DMT adventures.

But for those who want to experiment further: it seems reasonable to assume that a freeze/thaw step would result in much less need for lime and hence a significantly bigger yield. (IMO it is unlikely that all the DMT is pushed up into the alcohol layer after the lime step, as Denverrevolution suggests. After pipetting off the alcohol of my first experiment, I diluted the remaining lime layer with water and it turned DMT-yellow, just slightly darker than the pipetted off alcohol layer. Though perhaps even negligible amounts of DMT could colorize water, I don't know.)

Will report back in the future if I have anything significant to share. Otherwise I probably won't be spending much time here anymore as I find that even small amounts of social media/internetting/etc. are disruptive to my peace of mind. Thanks for the help @Transform, I hope others will develop this tek further!

Back
Top Bottom