• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Nature Experiences

Migrated topic.

Psyckoz

Rising Star
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what does someone experience when he's on an altered state of mind outside.
I've read many stories/reports from people who used different kind of psychadelics inside their house, or in some kind of room, but rarely from people who've done it,let's say, in the woods. The few people who experienced looking at some kind of natural landscape while tripping usually report that, for example, the plants seemed to be more alive, actually every living thing around them seemed more alive.
So I wanted to know if some of you had experienced something similar, on any kind of drugs ( so not only DMT ).
I imagine what it would be like to be tripping watching a sunset or sunrise or even at the beach ( the sand, water, what it would feel like touching it, etc ).
Please share your experiences 😉

I used to live in the forest. I've done many different mind altering substances by creeks, lakes, rivers, in the woods, and so on and so forth. Incredibe. It seems that all these substances love water. Sitting under an umbrella with the soft rumble of the river in the background and watching EVERY SINGLE TREE in a heavilly wooded canyon dance and twist and sing with life is incredible. Life altering really. If you can find a comfortable setting with some freinds then do it. Bring umbrellas and water and things to make you comfortable. Sunscreen is a must, really. I have to go to work now but I can talk more about it tomorrow.

EDIT: I believe in nature is really the best way to experience these things

Really, you havent heard many nature trip stories? Many of the times I took was in nature and they are incredible. Dont even know where to start. There were several incredible trips, like tripping on some mountains with waterfalls with freshly picked mushrooms, or acid or smoking dmt in deserted beaches, or ayahuasca ritual in the forest, etc etc... Always it is so incredible and one can feel the power of nature, its literally breath-taking sometimes.

There is a recurring feeling that the little insects and animals and trees and rocks are all like characters in some kind of story. Sometimes its quite comic, even, and things that happen exteriourly many times are in a very intriguing synchrony with your thoughts. Sometimes one can get totally in contact with mother nature. Or it can be quite scary, like feeling as if there are snakes and dangerous things lurking around in every corner. Looking at the stars, one can nearly feel how different the scales are, its amazing. Almost like feeling earth moving and the whole space too.

In nature, the colours are always enhanced incredibly, and one generally has many insights related to life, existence, evolution, etc. I have once in an ayahuasca trip felt so much of a connection with other life forms that I saw how I WAS those lifeforms I was having visions of. I saw a butterfly and saw in it's eye that the butterfly was actually me, in some sort of earlier stage of consciousness. I felt how much 'struggle' there is in these successive reincarnations trying to reach the higher stages, and how each stage growing doesnt make it easier but it gives one more responsibilities. I saw how myself, being a human,'owe' a lot to existence and how I have to make a life worth living, etc etc.. It was a very transformative experience.

It is important to be careful in nature, though. You dont want to smoke dmt standing just next to a dangerous cliff or something of the sort. Also I dont think nature and a well organized, harmonious and comfortable indoor trip are mutually exclusive. Each has their own part, with the particularities, advantages and disadvantages. I enjoy each in different moments

there's so much to say but I think thats enough for now :)

One of my more profound dmt experiences was on an empty beach at night. It was very dark, I was with a couple of like-minded friends, staring up at the stars (so many!) as I exhaled.

Something about lying down on the sand is very powerful as dmt is coming on...one feels incredibly...secure. I've never felt such a powerful connection to the earth as I did in that experience - and the stars and patterns in the sky were amazing.

I highly recommend all manner of nature tripping, especially with good friends in a safe environment.

I'm more of the 'closed eyes sensory deprivation type' concerning DMT, but no doubt launching in nature can be fantastic. As long as there are no disturbances during the trance...

My dream is to do it some day at Kaieteur Falls in Guyana. Maybe psychedelics like water because water is so closely connected to life... well, water and nature enough there!
Unfortunately there is no real nature in a 1000 mile radius around me... the nearest old growth forest is this tiny patch in Poland.

It's a personal thing but for me, mushrooms are the thing to do in nature rather than DMT.

Mushrooms are undoubtedly meant (in SWIM's and his friends personal experiences, as well) to be experienced in nature. All the more eerie, however... :)

wake and bacon said:
Mushrooms are undoubtedly meant (in SWIM's and his friends personal experiences, as well) to be experienced in nature. All the more eerie, however... :)

That's what I always say. Nowadays I only trip shrooms in nature. I love the feeling of becoming one with all these creatures. The trees and bugs become like your nieces and nephews :p hahahaha. You feel the connection, love and respect. My biggest lessons on shrooms all happened out in nature.

Energy seems to flow freely and become much more apparent in nature, I've found. The connection you speak of is infinitely times easier to make out there. I get mesmerized by nature while mushing... I can't seem to get away... :D

For me the ONLY place I trip is outdoors! My grandfather has the nice little cabin and 3000 acres of land that I go fish, hunt and trip on!

SWIM absolutely loves tripping in the woods. Here in Colorado there are some really beautiful mountains. SWIM can take a 15 minute drive from his house and be on a road winding through the mountains, its really nice to have such easy access.

One of SWIM's favorite things about tripping in the woods is when the sun comes up the next morning. The actual sunrise is hidden from view because of the mountains and it just slowly, slowly becomes more and more light out. Before you know it you can see everything and the birds.... oh my god , the birds, listening to the birds sing while your still tripping at 6:00 am is heavenly. So relaxing. Its amazing how multiple birds from locations all around you can assemble a song by just singing a small part as an individual.

The woods, in SWIM's opinion, are the best place to trip. SWIM feels %100 safe there.

One of SWIM's favorite things about tripping in the woods is when the sun comes up the next morning. The actual sunrise is hidden from view because of the mountains and it just slowly, slowly becomes more and more light out. Before you know it you can see everything and the birds.... oh my god , the birds, listening to the birds sing while your still tripping at 6:00 am is heavenly. So relaxing. Its amazing how multiple birds from locations all around you can assemble a song by just singing a small part as an individual.
:shock: Oh, the birds at dawn!!:shock:

I've been in the forest till morning on LSD a number of times (way too long ago:( ) & you are right on the money with the sunrise, all of nature waking up & the birds singing their songs...
It's like being there at dawn, on the first day of existence!!
Everything feels so fresh & clean & new, perfect!!

Have you ever been listening to the birds singing & started to notice there is a conversation going on between them?
Normally I don't notice it, even when I try (& I've tried).
But in the forest, at dawn, on few hundred mics of very pure liquid LSD, I've been able to notice & follow the birds talking to each other, back & forth!! The sound coming from one direction, then the other, then back. Getting louder & faster when anyone of my group stood up & moved around at all.
I'm not saying I understood what they were saying, but I was following the conversation around the trees!!
It was like they were watching & talking about us.
We were after all, in their bedroom when they woke up that morning. Cause for conversation no matter what species you are...😉
It was quite fascinating to say the least!!

That was LSD though, I'm a big fan of sensory deprivation when taking DMT too.
I'd like to try smoking DMT out in the forest, but it would have to be at a place I felt very secure & there was no chance of someone strolling by & wanting to talk or something...
I am planning to take a trip to the woods with some close friends to camp out & drink some Ayahuasca, as soon as it warms up a little bit more. Just trying to find someone who is willing to come with us & remain sober, to run interference while the rest of us are of out there, in our minds.
A designated driver, so to speak.

Here is why:
On the birdsong camp out I mentioned before, about an 1.5 hours after we all took way too much acid, the park ranger came by our campsite, just to say hi & shoot the shit!! We were all just beginning to peak hard & this guy wanted to have a small chat with us about how good the fishing was, a mile further down the river... We were all freaking out to say the least!!!
Pretty sure he was just being friendly though.

Another time, camping in the woods with my pals & too much acid, a weird, mountain-man, hillbilly-type guy, came into our camp, minutes after dosing and began talking to us, using all of our first names (there were 8 of us)!!
Meaning, he had been watching us from the woods, long enough to pickup each of our names from conversations we were having while setting up the camp!!!
He was carrying a shotgun & just kept hanging around, saying all kinds of crazy shit & he kept referring to "his mountain"...!!
Needless to say, that camping trip was not as lighthearted & fun as the one with the birds.
We were all paranoid that this guy was still out there watching us all night & at first light, we broke camp, cleaned up our shit & hit the fucking road!!
I have not been out there since!!

So anyway the whole tripping with nature thing is one of the most beautiful experiences I've had in my life!!
At the same time, I wouldn't do it like I used to, there needs to be at least one person with us who is staying in his/her skull to deal with the outside world, so the rest of us don't have to have that issue bouncing around the backs of our minds the whole time!!
And if another hillbilly turns up, we don't have to wait until morning (that is one long-ass night!) to be sober enough to get in the car & get the hell out of Dodge!

The consciousness of all living things, plants & animals, & the connection we have to that life force, is one of the lasting benefits that psychedelic use has given to me. Before spending most of a certain summer, laying beside a river just breathing in the living beauty of the nature around me, I never even noticed such things.
15 years later, (10+ yrs since taking any LSD), I can still step outside my front door, in the middle of a large city, and feel the life & consciousness of the few trees I can see there. It brings a peace over me to sit & watch them sometimes to this day!
I also seemed to have gained a "connection" to most animals, that manifested that summer by the river as well. To this day, my sister calls me the animal-whisperer (cheesy, I know) because for some reason, I can easily gain the trust of most animals (tame or wild) within a couple of minutes & become "friends" with them. Even animals who are totally freaked by most humans etc...
Its like I can feel their "vibe", & they can feel mine, so we connect.?.?.
OK that sounds stupid, I've never put it into words before, but it is legitimate all the same...

Anyway, taking psychedelics out in a natural surrounding (LSD in particular) definitely had a major role in creating these lasting connections with nature & the common lifeforce running through us all!!

Sorry for drifting the topic...

WS

SWIM is very grateful to have a view of the pacific ocean from his patio. His friend told him that he enjoyed some spice there tonight during sunset as the sun dropped into the ocean. It was absolutely beautiful he said, with an array of colors, combined with many green trees, soaring birds and flowers in the area to compliment the setting. He did not do enough for a complete launch but he felt an amazing affinity with the universal oneness. It was breathtakingly beautiful and the message that he came away with was one of "love and kindness". He said that he would have loved to have been able to share the moment with another like minded individual such as many of those on this site.

SWIM saw PNW style animal totems floating around SWIMS yard while coming down off of it was really interesting... you could see them interacting with the world... making things happen...

For those who have done it outside during the day, how do cope with the light? SWIM can only deal with a mild amount of light when in hyperspace.
SWIM has gone for walks outside after blasting off... you def. feel more connected to the world and all it's creatures.

Cope? The light is magnificence.
Sitting in a ring of redwood by a stream,
the spice reveals the dance of the forest people
(Trees)
One harmonizes, and commences the dance as well.
Awareness stretching for miles like mycellium...You are the forest.
The birds speak to the forest, indicating the arrival of two others.
All while one observes the breath of slick consciousness pouring through a wormhole.

Dissolve. Recalibrate. Love jumps from the Heart.

its funny when SWIM smokes indoor, indeed its necessary to have darkness or small indirect light (from a candle or something). but SWIM already smoked outdoors during the day (towards sunset) and it was perfect. He didnt keep his eyes opened during the trip, he always closes them, but towards the end he opened and the colours and textures of nature were amazing, like a van gogh painting, totally surreal. But the place was already amazing in itself, nobody but us in a untouched paradise beach.

SWIM was also worried the noise of the waves would be distracting but they also blended in so smoothly, cant complain about it at all.. But SWIM already smoked in a festival also during the day, but with so much noise and people around it did not seem to be the right place. Better to be alone or small group in nature and then it seems to nearly guarantee a phenomenal experience

slidewinder said:
Cope? The light is magnificence.
Sitting in a ring of redwood by a stream,
the spice reveals the dance of the forest people
(Trees)
One harmonizes, and commences the dance as well.
Awareness stretching for miles like mycellium...You are the forest.
The birds speak to the forest, indicating the arrival of two others.
All while one observes the breath of slick consciousness pouring through a wormhole.

Dissolve. Recalibrate. Love jumps from the Heart.

sounds like i'm missing out.

SWIM loves it especially around sunset. He did it on the patio again last night and slidewinder nailed it...it allows you to somehow connect with the underlying fabric resonating within natural world.

The odd thing about SWIM's last experience is that moments after lift off the neighbors dog started barking. SWIM wonders if it somehow sensed a change in energy or a presence associated with the Spice.

Tripping outside is the greatest thing. I have only had a few trips in nature, because I was living in the city. Last fall I moved to the country and now I'm waiting for my little friends to pop through their casing layer. As soon as that happens it is only waiting for the right moment then I am out of the house and into the woods. There are a few hundred acres of forest with some marshy areas and ponds right across the road from my house, and an all sports lake a few hundred feet the other way.

The times that I have tripped in nature have been some of the best experiences in my life. I've been on the shroomery for a while now so I go to shroomery gatherings. I set up the gathering in MI a few years ago and we went to The Sleeping Bear sand Dunes on Lake MI. Our campsite was about a 20 minute walk through the woods and some smaller dunes. The dunes in MI are pretty amazing. Some reaching as high as 300'.

The last evening of our campout a trip was planned. I waited for that night because everyone had left and my little group were the last ones there. My best friend and my fiance left for the beach around 6pm. We get to the beach and swam for a while. After that we got some firewood, which was a pretty hard task when you are completely surround by sand and water. My friend and I finally dose. He had 5 grams and I had 8. My fiance didn't partake as she was our babysitter and she just doesn't really care for the psychedelic experience. As we are taking our shroomies the sky starts looking like there is a storm coming. 15 minutes later I am already feeling it hard. I had to lay down on the beach as I could not stand sitting up anymore. I laid there for what seemed like a long time and could not believe the visuals I was having. I had bubble vision. It looked like there was some sort of force field around every rock and pebble on the beach pushing outward. Then it starts to sprinkle so my fiance starts cleaning up our little camp area while my friend and I just sit there because I could not do a thing.

We start to walk back and this is where I had the most amazing time. I was walking so slow because I was enjoying it so much. It was sunset with light clouds and rain. The sky was lit up orange, purple, green. It was amazing. I just had to sit down once and take it in. My fiance and my friend were way ahead, but I didn't care.

After that we got back to the camp and had to clean up from the rain. The rest of my night was sitting by the campfire. but I wasn't really there I was in my head. I was listening to shpongle and had gone into a trance state where this reality did not exist anymore. I was flying through a fractal tunnel and seen some of the most beautiful visions. While I was flying through this tunnel I would see an opening on the side and decide to go through it. Each time I went through the opening I would come out of my trance to something crazy going on. Some examples are a small tree falling on me, fireworks, etc.) it was some crazy shit. One of the greatest nights of my life.

I have to say that birds in the morning are nice. Another time camping I was on some L and Molly all night. The sky was starting to light up and this guy asked the group if anyone wanted to go down by the quarry for the sunrise. The damn birds were so amazing. Their songs were utterly beautiful as I was sitting on a cliff with a 15 foot drop down to the water.

If you haven't tripped in nature you need to do it, because that is how it was meant to be. Inside can be fun, but nature will change you.

~PEace OUt

Back
Top Bottom