• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

On Burning Man (and Why it's Problematic)

Migrated topic.
I see them as more mystical events of radical self expression and transcendence. That's just me personally and yes I will go back to shambhala again in 11 months, and Burning Man if I have the funds.

Going to the right festivals is like making a sacred pilgrimage.
 
jamie said:
I see them as more mystical events of radical self expression and transcendence. That's just me personally and yes I will go back to shambhala again in 11 months, and Burning Man if I have the funds.

Going to the right festivals is like making a sacred pilgrimage.

nicely said! some of my experiences at good festivals have certainly felt like a shamanic "initiation" of sorts. a modern day tech-corroboree

these aspects to festivals alone for me make them worth attending and if running a generator for a few days is what it takes to help facilitate those experiences I think in the grand scheme of things its not so bad. hopefully we can soon start implementing more energy efficient methods of providing electricity at these events. a solar powered festival would really be something
 
Back
Top Bottom