• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Prayer really makes a massive and undeniable difference in one's life

There must be something out there in the light that can hear us. Maybe there are a lot of them.
You seem to be too focused on what is there beyond this reality, it really doesn't matter, if your thinking what if the one who created us has a creator (which isn't true) then that would technically mean that he's not the one who created us, so why focus on topics like that? Just worship the one and only, where it all stops and becomes infinite.

Your also saying the religous "God" is not worthy of worship, which "god" are you talking about? Is it based on the Quran? For me the Quran is the only reliable religous source, you cannot catch a single flaw in it.
 
If you want to talk about god as the absolute of everything, outside of space and time(or superimposed throughout ?)fine. That is why I said “the light”(my only tangible relation to it)

You are talking about a concept, with a specific cultural name. It’s defined. It’s not the thing. It might exist but it’s like a human generated avatar of something more transcendent.

Talking about the absolute is cheap and easy, especially when nobody embodies it. If you cannot bring yourself to dissect your idols then you probly need to let go. Clinging to an absolute won’t help you find it. It’s an absolute.

Anyone can claim to know an absolute. It’s a fools errand.

you are banging against paradoxes that other people can clearly see. No amount of conviction can camouflage this friend.

I’ve not said I don’t believe in god. I am however far more Buddhist leaning so that is going to flavour how I view this.
 
Last edited:
If you cannot bring yourself to dissect your idols then you probly need to let go.
Lol, what idols? I only worship the most powerful being of all, i didn't add lables or names to him, i said Allah (god in arabic) that's it, "GOD", everything i spoke is extremely simple and easy to understand, yet we like to be confused for some reason.

Or perhaps it's just a problem with the messenger and not the message.
 
Last edited:
Lol, what idols? I only worship the most powerful being of all, i didn't add lables or names to him, i said Allah (god in arabic) that's it, "GOD", everything i spoke is extremely simple and easy to understand, yet we like to be confused for some reason.

Or perhaps it's just a problem with the messenger and not the message.
Oof, you okay? Sounds pretty dogmatic.

You do realize people have different environmental, cultural, and lived experiences that are different from yours, such that other people won't share your perspective? It's pretty obvious, yet there's still some confusion.
 
Hey dude

Are you aware of how you tending to double down on these convictions about god etc, makes this conversation one sided?

I’m not saying abandon your beliefs at all. I am saying open yourself up to the fact that these beliefs will be dissected if you want to participate in communication with other people. It’s fine. No one is saying you should abandon Islam or that there is not one single absolute god.

Does it bother you that different people believe different things? That’s fine if it does but you have to ask yourself how well do you want to be received by other people? People respond more to how you say something than what you actually say.
 
such that other people won't share your perspective? It's pretty obvious, yet there's still some confusion.
Remind me where i said everyone will share my prespective, if you don't want, just ignore my posts... very simple.

If you actually read everything i said:
dithyramb said:
There's a slime chance you're going to convert anyone here to Islam...
"Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills." (28:56)

I think that was pretty clear that i'm not expecting everyone to share my prespective.
 
Last edited:
Remind me where i said everyone will share my prespective, if you don't want, just ignore my posts... very simple.
Where did I say  everyone? I don't need to remind you, cuz I didn't state or infer that you did.

But this
verything i spoke is extremely simple and easy to understand, yet we like to be confused for some reason.
is a clear assumption on your part about how others should receive what you said. So again, it may be simple to you and not others and it's your responsibility to be aware of that.

I'm a mod. I'll read and reply to the posts I so choose, thank you very much.
 
Okay sure, i absolutely cannot see how anything i said is difficult to understand, but okay.
Hmm, sounds like quite the quandary. Perhaps you ought to reflect more deeply and honestly, because it's not hard to understand that what you understand may not be what other people understand.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
 
Tbh I doubt you would even point out something that you don't understand from what i said.
I don't mind pointing out what I don't understand. However, my understanding of your ideas isn't the issue, and so that's a red herring.

What I am addressing is an elitist and dogmatically absolutist attitude from you (you don't always see my avatar online, but I am always here, lurking in the digital waters patiently observing and waiting).
 
What I am addressing is an elitist and dogmatically absolutist attitude from you
Maybe you don't have enough faith with your belief, I do, if i find someone with the same faith in his belief system as me (and honest) we would have a pretty good convo.

My attitude only triggers people because they are trying to convince me of their view (not share) everyone who shared his view here i respected it and did not disregard it at all, i replied using logic, did i reply to a certain message not using logic? If i did, someone would have told me that, but no one did.
 
My attitude only triggers people because they are trying to convince me of their view (not share) everyone who shared his view here i respected it and did not disregard it at all, i replied using logic, did i reply to a certain message not using logic? If i did, someone would have told me that, but no one did.
This is an alarming projection pattern. I've spectated you speaking dogmatically as if you can't be wrong in many threads, often making outlandish, and sometimes dangerous claims.

What's your background in logic to think that if you had been so illogical someone would've said something?

@Voidmatrix this seems like your playground.

Edit: Actually, when I mentioned that you created a red herring, that's a logical fallacy. There you have it.
 
Back
Top Bottom