• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Pure vinegar brew without water (cold extraction)?

Sicho Naut

Esteemed member
I just had an idea, which might be stupid, but curious what you guys think:

I am interested in alternatives to traditional brewing methods, like cold water extractions and alcohol extractions (the results of which would still be combined with a MAOI so I am not talking about DMT-only brews).
For instance, I just finished an alcohol (96,2%) soak of 4g MHRB, which I then let evaporate in a glass dish. This week I will scrape up the residue, put it in a gel cap and consume after preloading with harmala hcl. I will report on the results after.

Anyway, I was wondering if the same thing would work with pure vinegar (which is much cheaper than pure alcohol)? I.e., mix X g of MHRB with vinegar, let it sit for a few weeks, stirring daily or so, then let the vinegar evaporate and consume the residue in combination with a MAOI. Would this extract better than with cold water because of the high acidity? Worse? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I believe it will work, but the main disadvantage is that vinegar will take forever to evaporate, in comparison with alcohol

Thanks @pantostao. If I want to do this I'll first put some vinegar in a scale and test out how quickly it evaporates.
Another question would be safety I guess-- Does vinegar in itself leave residue and would this be safe to consume, e.g. residue of 200ml or so.

Pure vinegar is acetic acid in water, usually at 5%. So you would be evaporating mostly water. No need to extract for weeks, the acetate salt is formed instantly and is readily soluble.

No need to extract for weeks, the acetate salt is formed instantly and is readily soluble.
Do you mean with vinegar specifically? Or also in the case of alcohol/cold water?

For CWE I've always seen it suggested to let it sit for at least a day. For alcohol extractions (see 'ayahuasca lightning bolt tek') it was suggested at least 2-4 weeks (although some suggest that with a magnetic stirrer and/or multiple alcohol washes the extraction could be completed in hours).

Quick google search suggests that acetic acid also evaporates, but will look into that more closely later when I have time.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you really want to speed things up ad head to the equation.
I assume you mean heat?
But you say it dissolves 'instantly' in vinegar- so how would heat make it faster than 'instantly'? (My bark is powdered with just here and there some stringy bits.)

Just friendly questions because I don't understand- Thanks for the help 🙏

Thanks also @Transform

Regarding evaporation time, I am not too worried as always plan trips well in advance. Also, if I spread out the water or vinegar over a large surface (like a big pyrex dish), that should speed up the evaporation.

Ah sorry for the typo, yeah I mean heat, it helps the extraction proces to go faster and when used to evaporate said extract is an easy way to speed things up. Think of it as a cup of tea, when made with near boiling water the tea is ready in minutes if done colder it wil take longer. I was talking about the conversion to and not the extraction of dmt acetate.

Ah sorry for the typo, yeah I mean heat, it helps the extraction proces to go faster and when used to evaporate said extract is an easy way to speed things up. Think of it as a cup of tea, when made with near boiling water the tea is ready in minutes if done colder it wil take longer. I was talking about the conversion to and not the extraction of dmt acetate.
Assuming it is left at room temp and no artificial heat is applied, any idea how long the MHRB would have to sit in the vinegar before the evaporation can begin?

Back
Top Bottom