Hi all,
I'm trying a new extraction method for the first time and I'm having some problems.
Here is what I'm up to:
I would appreciate if someone could help me figure out how to proceed here!
EDIT: I think I know what could be wrong: my IPA is not anhydrous, it is salon grade 100% IPA. Finding the truly anhydrous kind appears to be rather challenging, so I suspect that it simply introduces a tiny amount of water contamination and it may be responsible for what I'm seeing. My plan right now is to bake some Epsom salts and place a spoonful into my pulled IPA hoping that it will suck up all the water and crash the suspected sodium carbonate particles to the bottom, leaving a clear solution on top which I can once again decant and then dry to get my freebase. If anyone has any suggestions on this process, then please let me know!
EDIT 2: I executed the plan I described above and it worked, but I got low yield -- about 700 mg from 100g of MHRB. It would have been realistic to expect double that amount. I think I know the source of the problem: after adding baked epsom salts into my IPA, it still didn't clear all of the murkiness and some salts even floated to the top (presumably due to air bubbles), so I ended up putting my solution through a coffee filter, but I suspect that the filter must have caught some of the DMT as well. Next time I will try the type 1 fumarate to freebase conversion method from the aforementioned link.
I'm trying a new extraction method for the first time and I'm having some problems.
Here is what I'm up to:
- I followed the Q21Q21 Jimjam party extraction tek to get to the point where I had DMT-infused d-limonene
- Once I had DMT-infused d-limonene, I followed BLAB step 4A onwards until the fumarate conversion step where BLAB suggested switching to type 3 sodium carbonate paste pull
I would appreciate if someone could help me figure out how to proceed here!
EDIT: I think I know what could be wrong: my IPA is not anhydrous, it is salon grade 100% IPA. Finding the truly anhydrous kind appears to be rather challenging, so I suspect that it simply introduces a tiny amount of water contamination and it may be responsible for what I'm seeing. My plan right now is to bake some Epsom salts and place a spoonful into my pulled IPA hoping that it will suck up all the water and crash the suspected sodium carbonate particles to the bottom, leaving a clear solution on top which I can once again decant and then dry to get my freebase. If anyone has any suggestions on this process, then please let me know!
EDIT 2: I executed the plan I described above and it worked, but I got low yield -- about 700 mg from 100g of MHRB. It would have been realistic to expect double that amount. I think I know the source of the problem: after adding baked epsom salts into my IPA, it still didn't clear all of the murkiness and some salts even floated to the top (presumably due to air bubbles), so I ended up putting my solution through a coffee filter, but I suspect that the filter must have caught some of the DMT as well. Next time I will try the type 1 fumarate to freebase conversion method from the aforementioned link.
Last edited: