• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Site Quirks topic

Something I've noticed when some members post links (e.g. @Sidisheikh.mehriz ) is that some extra code gets inserted that stops the link from working. Probably this is a browser-side issue, but here is the recent example which prompted today's footnote:
[U RL='h ttp://Post in thread %27Phalaris Project%h ttps://forum.dmt-nexus.me/threads/phalaris-project.362215/post-3872965']This[/U RL]

[spaces added to disable BB code]
Might be the use of some special unicode characters that gets replaced?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Might be the use of some special unicode characters that gets replaced?

Kind regards,

The Traveler
Don't get me speculating about browser code, it's outside my field!

Maybe it's cheeky of me to hope that things like aberrant phenomena that I've tidied up several times should be automated by anyone else. We all have to battle with the fact that the day has but a limited number of hours, after all.

Ideally I would have begun learning more code 40 years ago, but for some reason my parents didn't want to buy me a computer 🤷‍♂️

I see now that there are two URL's used in that same example link? So that seems to point to a user error?

Kind regards,

The Traveler
That's the bit that got me speculating - I wonder if @Sidisheikh.mehriz can give provide any salient information? I like to make sure the forum operates smoothly where possible, and sidi is a fantastic contributor so their posts deserve to function correctly!

That's the bit that got me speculating - I wonder if @Sidisheikh.mehriz can give provide any salient information? I like to make sure the forum operates smoothly where possible, and sidi is a fantastic contributor so their posts deserve to function correctly!
Might it be that @Sidisheikh.mehriz is pasting more than one URL with the "Insert link" button?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Perhaps a link that has the link text in the form of a url (i.e "http://xxxx.yyyy.tld" ) that is different to the target url gets rejected by security conscious browsers that interpret this as a spoof attack. I know mail servers can reject those sorts of links.

Thank you for your interest. The issue still persists. I have just copied the link to the post on my phone. There's a share option on top right of every post. I tapped on that then copied and paste the URL. If there is a better way to do it please let me know.

I also I have been informed by grasshoppers that they cannot edit their initial post on the thread (the nexian phalaris breeding program) were trying to add some more guide PDF files and a disclaimer.

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest. The issue still persists. I have just copied the link to the post on my phone. There's a share option on top right of every post. I tapped on that then copied and paste the URL. If there is a better way to do it please let me know.
Maybe something is at odds with the copy part then, since it seems it adds that the existing clipboard instead of a replace? What browser/OS are you using?

I also I have been informed by grasshoppers that they cannot edit their initial post on the thread (the nexian phalaris breeding program) were trying to add some more guide PDF files and a disclaimer.
Let me check for that one.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Great to know - that's cleared it up, I would say. The share symbol (the three blobs connected by two lines) is for sharing externally to a different app or platform. You can copy the post url with a long-tap on the post number, which is also at the top right. That way you should get the unembellished link (I hope!)

The @Grasshoppers' problem seems to be the edit timeout function working against them.

I've added @Grasshoppers to the new 'Researcher' group that can edit/change their posts for an unlimited time (default is 3 days, we do that since we had some nasty stuff happening in the past with giving everybody an unlimited time).

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom