• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Rand Paul Begins Filibuster Of Patriot Act

Migrated topic.
Filibuster, strange word... apparently it's derived from the Spanish translation of the Dutch word 'vrijbuiter' :surprised

The Patriot Act is an abomination that should never have been approved...
 
Im not one to really follow too much political stuff. I typically stay clear of any such talks, but it's nice to see someone taking the reigns, regardless of his exact motives in this filibuster. It's nice to see someone stand up and speak, regardless of how far this will serve us. Times are changing, regardless of the actual scale of such a thing. Im glad to see this though.
 
Tattvamasi said:
Times are changing, regardless of the actual scale of such a thing.
Unfortunately, this is probably going to amount to nothing more than grandstanding for the 2016 primaries. I would love to believe that repealing (or not renewing) the Patriot Act will stop bulk collection. This, however, is not the case. See: Bluffdale (which is now likely moving to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex).

Make a diversion over here to repeal the Patriot Act. Win votes.

So we can secretly create a new program under FISA with far more reaching powers...
(and a new name with less political recognition)
 
a1pha said:
Tattvamasi said:
Times are changing, regardless of the actual scale of such a thing.
Unfortunately, this is probably going to amount to nothing more than grandstanding for the 2016 primaries. I would love to believe that repealing (or not renewing) the Patriot Act will stop bulk collection. This, however, is not the case. See: Bluffdale (which is now likely moving to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex).

Make a diversion over here to repeal the Patriot Act. Win votes.

So we can secretly create a new program under FISA with far more reaching powers...
(and a new name with less political recognition)

Yeah man, I was actually thinking about what you just said, earlier. Definitely wouldn't surprise me. But meh, guess it's better than not doing anything at all ..maybe :P

Yeah ultimately, even if this filibuster came to fruition, the snakes always in the grass, sensing out the next immediate opportunity. Guess we'll see what happens down the line.
 
tryptographer said:
The Patriot Act is an abomination that should never have been approved...

True, but you can say the same about Rand Paul. He's a bigoted, pro-life teabagger who's very often on the wrong side of fights (in my humble opinion). Fortunately, he's got just about a 0% chance in 2016, and can only serve to drag down the Republican party with him.

I did like when Bruno tried to seduce his dad, though.


Sadly, he could not even shtup Rupaul.
 
In hindsight, I don't know how I feel about this little speech exactly. But I did find a great meme.
 

Attachments

  • 18987_491335931019998_5108860326262495609_n.jpg
    18987_491335931019998_5108860326262495609_n.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom