• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

russian olive status ?

Migrated topic.
This deserves a bump. The tree is a power plant. If you live where it does, consider yourself lucky.

Vine only brews are growing in poplarity, psychedelics are being institutionalized by big pharma. Harmalas are interesting medicinally. Plane tickets to the jungle are $ and flying in planes is burning more resources. This stuff grows in my backyard and it works.

dreamer042 said:
No effects were felt from the DMT leaving me to conclude that the mainly MAO-B inhibiting compounds in russian olive are not suitable for orally activating DMT.
Has anyone tried combining Russian olive with cactus?

Only in very low/micro level doses of 2g mixed trich powder of mostly bridge but some others. 75g of trunk bark harvested last spring. I drank it a number of times through spring into early summer. It synergized with caffeine and seemed to boost the cactus. I can always feel 2g of this cactus mix but it did seem boosted. I took the cactus a few hours after the bark, and only on that one occassion.

I never tried it with oral DMT, after other failed. It does synergize vaporized DMT for myself, on the order I would expect of vine. I very rarely vaporize DMT or even use it at all at this time in my life so have not experimented much with that yet.

My main interest in this plant is as an entheogenic/oneirogenic plant on it's own. My favorite admixture with other harmaloids is psilocybin mushrooms, so that will be the tryptamine admixture I will use when I add stuff.

It feels most similar to vine to me. If you gave me 100g of it and told me if was vine I would probly believe it. It tastes so similar and feels so close. I view it as if it is iboga and might interact with all sorts of things due to the MAO-B inhibition potential. High doses of harmalas in general become similar to my 4g iboga experience, and can change how I metabolize certain things for days. It seems best to approach this as a brew by itself and be aware of diet.

The bark was used traditionally as an antidepressant, so at least there is some history of it's use.

Just to be clear, at 75-100g the tea has produced inner visionary experiences and psychological insight for myself on par with vine only teas.

I still mostly use Rue when I take harmalas, because I have been eating a lot of aged dairy.

These trees became pretty special to me after I got down 70g of the stuff. It is everywhere here and ppl often ask me to remove it from homes(I am a gardener) and there is just no way I could harvest all the bark from the trees I take away to the dump.

I also found Sea buckthorn, which is native in the region so I am reluctant to harvest them. Russian Olive outcompetes them, but the buckthorn should have even more Elaeagnine.

We don't hear much about sea buckthorn, but while people seem to use the trunk bark (at least in the case of Elaeagnus spp.), having recently obtained some offcuts of Hippophae rhamnoides, I decided to examine a piece under UV light.

The inside of the trunks/stems has a darker core under visible light which has lightened considerable after a couple of weeks of drying, and it's this area which glows under UV (pics attached). I've only ever seen small specks of harmala-like fluorescence with sea buckthorn bark, so I'm going to have to do a side-by side comparison of bark and heartwood extractions. Both quantitative and qualitative analysis now seem to be within my reach, now that my chromatography setup is poised for action :)

Attachments

• 20231121_182345.jpg
    20231121_182345.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231121_182507.jpg
    20231121_182507.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231205_011117.jpg
    20231205_011117.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom