• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Exp. Report Second, late come-up

Experience report

blig-blug

𐇐𐇐𐇐𐇐𐇐𐇐
Staff member
Moderator
Donator
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
2,756
Merits
13,566
What I report here has been happening to me quite consistently at high doses (meaning around 1g mescaline equivalent, estimated).

Last Saturday, my girlfriend and I had our usual dose of the long-lasting bridgesii resin mentioned here. It started coming up at about T+00:40, and the come-up lasted until T+03:00 more or less. The effects were very noticeable, with strong stimulation, internal hallucinations of a dreamy type, and introspection. Despite being in the dark, I had neither CEVs nor OEVs. All the effects felt very controllable and not as strong as one would expect from the dose. This is typical for me with cactus/mescaline and during that phase I usually just accept that I'm not that sensitive to it.

At about T+9:30, something strange but typical for me at a high dose happened: I started having a kind of come-up again. This is after the effects had actually been getting weaker. This "second come-up" was more intense and had a series of serotonergic symptoms that were missing from the first one, like dry mouth, feeling hot, feeling "dry" in general despite drinking, and a sudden increase in stomach bloating. Together with this, there was a sudden increase in visual activity, where open eye visuals started getting stronger to the point of most of what I looked at morphing into (beautiful) patterns. The problem here was that I felt very mentally tired already, and it all felt a bit overwhelming in the sense of my mind being too exhausted to deal with all of that suddenly appearing. This was not too challenging, it felt somewhat annoying instead. The effects stabilized and continued being relatively strong for about three hours more, descending afterwards. I was awake until T+20:00.

This has happened every time I have a high dose, and only with a high dose. Does anyone have similar experiences?

Pharmacologically it makes no sense to me: the resin had been fully dissolved in water, and it clearly was absorbed, as the mental shift was stronger during the first come-up. I think this is related to me unconsciously trying to keep control. As mescaline is so gentle and not pushy, that part of me is able to keep control for a while, but then I get tired and it stops being possible. It's there where the full psychedelic effects can develop. If that's the case, it's still strange that this second come-up comes with a lot of the physical effects associated with serotonergic substances coming up or being at the peak. But it still seems like the most likely explanation.

I always find it difficult to give up control at first, but the pushier nature of most other psychedelics guides me in doing so, as resisting feels bad, and so I get immediate feedback on the fact that I'm resisting and how. With mescaline I try to do the same, but I just don't seem to feel bad in that way during the come-up at any point, even when working with negative memories or emotions.

I'm considering adding some harmalas, but the potential interactions with other stuff in the resin worry me a bit, as well as the potential for the experience becoming even longer than it already is. I'm also toying with the idea of taking a lower dose of resin together with a low dose of LSD, such as 30ug. LSD feels pushy for me during the come-up even at those low doses, so it could add a bit of edge to the come-up in a way that allows me to fully let the experience develop.
 
Ime that is common for mescaline, it has 3 distinctive phases ime.

First phase is come up, second phase is slightly similar to MDMA and third phase of effects begins at T+8 or so and is 'more' psychedelic in that it much more resembles LSD or tryptamines.
It's difficult to be alert at that time of experience, I recommend to be already in the bed.
 
What is interesting is that my girlfriend was having effects much closer to those of tryptamines in the first phase, and didn't have this "second come-up" feeling at all.
It's difficult to be alert at that time of experience, I recommend to be already in the bed.
I probably will be lying down next time. Not in bed because if I still have another 10 hours to go, I will eventually get tired of being in bed. I think there's a point for me between that second peak and the comedown phase where walking is quite pleasant even if effects are still strong.
 
Back
Top Bottom