• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Short spined peruvianus or peruvian torch

Jcman

Esteemed member
Joined
Oct 10, 2026
Messages
10
Merits
167
Hey so I have 3 types of Peruvian Torch.

I can take photos tomorrow of two of them.

But one of them clearly looks like its short spined as a pachanoi.

If I didnt trust the person who gave it to me and tried it myself id believe its a san pedro to this day.

It however is much more visual.
Opaque anaconda python moving in the background of the room periodically every 2 to 3 minutes as id play my instrument.

I was wondering what peoples experience is with clearly looking different phenotypes?

Ive had this cactus once before.
I had it planted but it began to rot so I quickly saved 2 arms at 3ft each buried in a pot but then it got knocked over so I am making tea out of it.

Ive seperated the chlorenchyma and have it in my freezer.
The plan is to use a pressure cooker with some lemon juice or a key lime.

Im honestly really curious about torch.
Ive got 2.5ft prepped in the freezer for 2 strong trips.
One of which I will sip over 45 minutes to prevent too fast a come up incase its more potent then I hoped as I dark cured them for about 4 months now too.
 
I have 3 types.

1 that looks almost identical to pachanoi.

1 that looks inbetween and grows quite visibly. Medium length spines. Dark green like pachanoi

And the last that looks classical peruvian torch emerald green with darker tones.
This last one I really am keen to try because its taken forever to grow.
I started using yates nutrients and it grew heaps quick and fat but changed to a weird colour.
Also none of my pachanoi flowered that year so ive discontinued that fert and started using sprinkling of instant bat guano nitrogen rich.
I plan to start using powerfeed and seasole (Australian here NSW)

Ive never fertalised my garden so adding the guano ive seen huge growth especially in my bridgisii.
But the torches are all starting to form new spines. Thanks to once every 3 weeks fert.
It says I can do every 2 weeks but I also dont want to push them and burn them either.
 
Back
Top Bottom