• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Some ambientish music

Migrated topic.
braindrops said:
Not sure if these ones count.
Nadja - Thaumogenesis

SUNN O))) - Frost (C)

Vandrer - To Attain The End Of All Gnosis
I think we can consider drone as an ambient sub-genre if we take into account the "absence of beat" aspect (which for me is one of the aspects that defines ambient music). Thanks for sharing these :)

You might like my ambient guitar stuff. It ranges from Fripp to Frith to Frisell to Fahey to whatever. I just started putting some of it up. It might be too lo-fi or experimental for you, but maybe not. You posted Manuel Göttsching, so, maybe.
I'm just getting started uploading.

Entities suggested I get my music out there, so I figured, what the heck. Why not? It's not as bad as some stuff out there.

[youtube]

Mister_Niles said:
You might like my ambient guitar stuff. It ranges from Fripp to Frith to Frisell to Fahey to whatever. I just started putting some of it up. It might be too lo-fi or experimental for you, but maybe not. You posted Manuel Göttsching, so, maybe.
I'm just getting started uploading.
Very nice one ! I feel some Fripp&Eno's albums vibe in it. Feel free to share more of them. Even if more experimental, I'm absolutely not afraid of that :)

Lately, when it came to ambient music discussions, Jon Hopkins' Music For Psychedelic Therapy was often quoted, especially for its track featuring Ram Dass' speech. But who noticed the vinyl LP has a bonus track which is not on the CD/digital version? The track is called Singing Bowl (Ascension), it's actually the longest (20m54s) and my favorite track from the album. Its crystalline minimalism somewhat reminds me of Eno's Music For Airports.

[youtube]

Back
Top Bottom