• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

project The new!.... Tea Kettel convection vape!

Project
This figure is what you need to compare with the output of your hob. Most of that wattage, in the e-mesh device, went into convective heating of air. Your stove-top device will need to throttle the convective power output to a comparable level.
I havent received my new infrared single burner yet.... but did a test on the big [infrared] stove ... and found that simply ...blocking off ....my large center air flow hole...[reducing outside air flow]....made quite a difference! .... you can see vent holes in ... earlier photos.... of tea kettel ...the one i blocked is ....[the larger center hole]... ...adjusted the air flow this way and it appears to vape more of the product easier!

i think whats hapening is........ althoughthe temperature is reading high enough on the thermometer...... what causes problem is when taking a pull... the cooler outside air
quickly comes into the kettel through the vent holes .....and that cooler air quickly mixes with heated air ... dropping the vape temperature ...when it hits the bowl causing incomplete vaporization of product ...

So it appears that a simple .... air intake adjustment... may be the way to fine tune the kettel vape! :cool:
a simple matter of finding the right temperature!

three air holes in kettel below...i simply blocked off the large center hole........and doing this adjusted the airflow resulting in better vaping effect.!

This system is 100 percent clean convection!(y) a factory made pinwheel air intake adjuster would be nice...

tests to continue....

Attachments

• DSC00828.JPG
    DSC00828.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I havent received my new infrared single burner yet.... but did a test on the big [infrared] stove ... and found that simply ...blocking off ....my large center air flow hole...[reducing outside air flow]....made quite a difference! .... you can see vent holes in ... earlier photos.... of tea kettel ...the one i blocked is ....[the larger center hole]... ...adjusted the air flow this way and it appears to vape more of the product easier!

i think whats hapening is........ althoughthe temperature is reading high enough on the thermometer...... what causes problem is when taking a pull... the cooler outside air
quickly comes into the kettel through the vent holes .....and that cooler air quickly mixes with heated air ... dropping the vape temperature ...when it hits the bowl causing incomplete vaporization of product ...

So it appears that a simple .... air intake adjustment... may be the way to fine tune the kettel vape! :cool:
a simple matter of finding the right temperature!

three air holes in kettel below...i simply blocked off the large center hole........and doing this adjusted the airflow resulting in better vaping effect.!

This system is 100 percent clean convection!(y) a factory made pinwheel air intake adjuster would be nice...

tests to continue....
i think whats hapening is........ although the temperature is reading high enough on the thermometer.....300f...to 320f..... what causes problem is when taking a pull... the cooler outside air

thats why blocking off the large center hole vaporized product better....but may need a tiny more adjustment for perfect convection vapor....

i think whats hapening is........ although the temperature is reading high enough on the thermometer.....300f...to 320f..... what causes problem is when taking a pull... the cooler outside air

thats why blocking off the large center hole vaporized product better....but may need a tiny more adjustment for perfect convection vapor....
This is why I also keep banging on about heat sinks and thermal flux - ideally the incoming air can equilibrate to the desired vaping temperature as quickly as possible, while the whole system still avoids overheating. Great to see how you get to grips with it just with an intuitive, low-tech approach (screw the arithmetic :LOL: )

This is why I also keep banging on about heat sinks and thermal flux - ideally the incoming air can equilibrate to the desired vaping temperature as quickly as possible, while the whole system still avoids overheating. Great to see how you get to grips with it just with an intuitive, low-tech approach (screw the arithmetic :LOL: )
Yes I agree..Even a simple wood stove type... air vent intake.. would work by simply.... sliding the metal air intake cover ....more open or more closed.... to control the air flowing in...

I think using the other tea kettel .. ..with copper bottom compleatly removed....would let in way too much air...even if you turned up the heat...it would be a struggle!.. to keep the vaping temperature stable enough for good vaping...

The infrared heat source produces more than enough heat!!... ..but the fine tuning is in the air intake adjustment...once this adjustment is found..
.[although ..i think im fairly close now just blocking off the large air hole]...........it should produce high quality convection vapor!

Even hard to vaporize .....salvia divinorum ... that needs very high temperature.... should be vaporizable.....with the kettel set up.... because of the heat sources ability to get extreemly hot.....[but...WARNING]...... vaporized salvia..... is probibly much more intense than combusted salvia!

with the tea kettel ...everything must be close to air tight... because of having to draw the heated air upwards through the bowl...every tiny extra air leak in kettel [even air leaking around the bowl itself]...effects the vapeing temperature once its pulle through the bowl...
The kettel should be close to air tight ... except for an adjustable air intake....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom