• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Quote Room

Migrated topic.
"A mind and heart that is stretched by novel experiences can never go back to their original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes. Jr

"If someone now asks me: "Does GOD exist?" then I would say: "I believe in the potential of a layered system, of which I have noticed likely 1 onion peel further."​

Jees :D

"Now may I ask you to please put down your bibles, And open up your mind, And turn to page infinity, chapter YOU"

- Captain Ridgeway of the vigiliant psychadelic clan xx89-01

The entire land sets out to work,
All beasts browse on their herbs;
Trees, herbs are sprouting,
Birds fly from their nests…
Ships fare north, fare south as well,
Roads lie open when you rise;
The fish in the river dart before you,
Your rays are in the midst of the sea. - Aten

Bump:

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.

- Aldous Huxley

Kahlil Gibran -The Prophet-

And they said to him "Speak to us of death"

You would know the secret of death. But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and sea are one. In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond.
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring. Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.​

This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this entire existence, but in a certain sense the whole; only this whole is not so constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we know, is what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet really so simple and so clear; tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such words as ‘I am in the east and the west, I am above and below, I am this entire world.

- Erwin Schrödinger

The day of revealing shall see what it sees:
a seeing of facts, a sifting of rumors,
an insight won by the black sacred ʻawa,
a vision like that of a sacred god! - Kumu hula prayer

Construction rituals repeat the primordial act of the cosmogonic
construction. The sacrifice performed at the building
of a house, church, bridge, is simply the imitation, on
the human plane, of the sacrifice performed in illo tempore
to give birth to the world.

M. Eliade

Take up words in order to manifest meaning and you'll obtain 'meaning'. Cut off words and meaning is emptiness. Emptiness is the Dao.​

Pai Chang

kena upanishad, II

If you think you know It well, you indeed know It very little. That whom you see in the beings and gods, you see but very little (portion) of It. I know that I know It (some what) well, also I know that I know It not so well. Who amongst us comprehends It both as the known and not much known, alone has the right understanding.

"Self-actualization can not be intended directly, but happens as unintended side effect of self-transcedence." (V.Frankl)

"My experience agrees with Frankl´s, that people who seek self-actualization directly … don´t, in fact, achieve it … I agree entirely with Frankl that man´s primary concern is his will to meaning." (Maslow)

tseuq

“The blue mountains are constantly walking." Dōgen is quoting the Chan master Furong. -- "If you doubt mountains walking you do not know your own walking."

-- Dōgen is not concerned with "sacred mountains" - or pilgrimages, or spirit allies, or wilderness as some special quality. His mountains and streams are the processes of this earth, all of existence, process, essence, action, absence; they roll being and non-being together. They are what we are, we are what they are. For those who would see directly into essential nature, the idea of the sacred is a delusion and an obstruction: it diverts us from seeing what is before our eyes: plain thusness. Roots, stems, and branches are all equally scratchy. No hierarchy, no equality. No occult and exoteric, no gifted kids and slow achievers. No wild and tame, no bound or free, no natural and artificial. Each totally its own frail self. Even though connected all which ways; even because connected all which ways. This, thusness, is the nature of the nature of nature. The wild in wild.

So the blue mountains walk to the kitchen and back to the shop, to the desk, to the stove. We sit on the park bench and let the wind and rain drench us. The blue mountains walk out to put another coin in the parking meter, and go down to the 7-Eleven. The blue mountains march out of the sea, shoulder the sky for a while, and slip back to into the waters.”
― Gary Snyder, Practice of the Wild

Back
Top Bottom