• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What to do with my teen?

Migrated topic.
There's nothing magical that's going to happen on someone's 18th birthday that makes them an adult.

This girl is only 3 months away from 18, there's not going to be a magical shift to adulthood between now and then. That's just an arbitrary age bureaucrats decided on that's not based on any science at all. Some people become adults early and most people in our society never become adults.

Ayahuasca is given to infants and children in peru. It is medicine, not a drug.

I honestly think that ayahausca can be used as a tool to help one make the jump from childhood to adulthood. Sort of an initiation or 'rite of passage' if you will.

This girl sounds mature and introspective as hell for her age and as 'ready' as one can be. I say go for it, and don't let your parents worries stop you.
 
vibrancy3 said:
wow interesting read.

apparently every1 @ nexus is a druggie lol

hows that for the stereotypical effect

If you read the rest of this thread you will see that this stereotypical view has been shifted into a more positive standpoint. Mostly due to the mature nature of posts made by our members. ;)


Kind regards,

The Traveler
 
yer ill be honest i did'nt read the entire thread trav but i grew up with alot of ppl calling others druggies when they really are not!

(i should have just ket my mouth shut, lol)

glad to hear the thread took on a more open mind :d
 
I was personally introduced to DMT when I was 17 years old. I do not think I was ready for it at that time... but then again, nobody is ever "ready" for it. I don't regret having experimented with Hyperspace so early in my life though: I wouldn't be the person I am today, and I'd probably still be lost and confused.

But back then, smoking DMT frequently probably was too much for me to integrate in my daily life. Some seem to think that stability is necessary in order to integrate... I don't agree (but then again, it depends mostly on what you define as "stability").

What is necessary for a full integration in every day life, if you want to gain from the experience instead of get even more confused by it, are these really simple but so important factors:

-You need to accept some moments of solitude and enjoy them. You need to understand that some things are better kept to yourself, or at least, not told to anyone and everyone. Being a psychonaut means you will probably often feel rejected by our mainstream western society. There is a way to live inside the system and to stay true to yourself, but it often asks from you to be a master of disguise.

-You need to have open minded friends, a community if possible. Enjoying some solitude is great, but if you never have an opporunity to share with people who understand your views, you may go crazy and sad and deluded. This forum, the Nexus, is great for that, but is not enough in my opinion. Nothing can compare to true, honnest friendship between psychonauts.

-You need to be proud of yourself in a healthy way. To accept who you are without the need for the approbation of others. You have your path, it is yours and nobody else's. No compromise. Have the courage to walk the road that leads to your own destiny. You can ask for directions once in a while, but never listen to those who will tell you that the road is too long or too hard or that nobody knows where it leads. Deep down, know where it leads, even if you can't put words on it. Believe in yourself.


To be honnest, I don't think most people would start their psychonautic journey if it required all these factors first. I believe that the psychedelic experience helps a lot in integrating these concepts in one's everyday life.
 
Adolescents can´t do DMT. Stop her, before she´ll do some nonsense like that 17-year American old girl dead after DMT ingestion. Peace.
 
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude, I'm simply worried. My daughter says she has been researching this stuff for months now and she's insisting she is ready. Is the experience really that heavy? I'm reading some ''trip reports'' at the moment. She said to look it up on eroid. Is it a good source of information? Thanks.
Go on a DMT retreat with a shaman and make a weekend out of it with her
 
This thread is 16 years old 😋

That would make the OP’s daughter 33 years old - an appropriate age for exploring DMT and other psychedelics.

I think it’s fair to say that everyone on this forum has been waiting patiently for an update, and would be happy to learn how it all turned out…
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom