• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Why do you take DMT?

If you want to experience it so much, just do it.
You have all the info here on how to do it safely.

What do you want to get out of it yourself?
I did it a dozen of times. I don't know why you talk about that, it's a bit out of topic.
Please don't deviate the subject. My questions are because I wonder what/who people here are and what do they get out of dmt, relative to their amount of experience with it. thank you
 
Why?
Since how long?
How many times approximately have you done it?

What did you get out of it?
Why? To experience something hopefully.
How long? A year.
I've done it 4 times.
I got nothing out of it, I seem to be immune to DMT, just end up doing weird yoga meditation things and getting a body high and that's it. No visuals, no sounds, no cool experience.
 
1) what's the meaning of life?
2) been doing psychedelics for over 2 years, DMT for over 6-7 months by now
3) don't think that the total number has any meaning, it's about the frequency. Once every 2-3 weeks for me without locking out.
4) see #1 Do you listen to a song to get somewhere or to enjoy the music?
 
Why? Because I heard about it and wanted to do it in 1988. I asked around, searched, checked festivals, remained alert and NEVER gave up. In 2009 I found Noman's tek in an older edition on The Entheogen Review and did a successful extraction. DMT was all I hoped for and so much more. It did not take long to have a mystical experience and loose my longterm fear of death.

Since How Long: August, 2009 on and off. I take long breaks but keep coming back.

How Many Times: I am not proud and do not brag about my previous obsession but it is in the 4 figure range.

What Did I Get Out of It: The ability to live the remainder of my life without fear of death. It changed my perspective and ultimately I wound up changing my career.
 
Why? It's a short effect time, which makes it much more approachable than lsd or shrooms in my opinion. I like that you just snap out of the effects after 10-15 minutes instead of wrangling on the floor or in bed for 8 hours. Also there is a wide range in effects depending on the dose: small for a nice holistic effect or watching music video, or high dose for a insightful or sometimes bizarre experience.

How many times? I just used let's say 200mg in 1 or 2 sessions in the past. Now that I make it myself I would say once or twice a week, maybe 3 or 4 doses per time (mostly small doses). But not every week of course. If you use it too often you can get headaches or it loses it's function.
 
Last edited:
Yes I should have added that I work every single day of the year so DMT is the only thing that makes sense. I can go deep, integrate, meditate, drink water and get right back to work.

Also, I like to use my weak vape to get on top of negative moods and negativity in general. A quick puff, a sub-threshold dose where I get no visuals and barely feel it quite literally turns my frown upside down.
 
4) see #1 Do you listen to a song to get somewhere or to enjoy the music?
I'm not sure why, but while this was stated yesterday, I feel like I have been thinking about it for a while, and it feels like something I needed to hear to help limit my own rigidity. My work right now is learning how to enjoy myself fully.

One love
 
Why?
Since how long?
How many times approximately have you done it?

What did you get out of it?
1. Well... the reasons change over time! I didn't know anything about DMT the first time I tried it. A friend of mine had it and I thought, sure why not! and I was blown away... then came the obsession of extraction, purification, trying out all different kinds of stuff including ayahuasca etc etc. In the initial phase the purpose was to overcome my depression and trauma. After about 6-7 months I reached a point where I felt like I had to move on, and so I did. Ever since then, DMT is more of a vacation, only a couple of times a year, primarily out of nostalgia. The experiences in the initial phase were quite diverse and different, but afterwards they became more "standardized". On rare occasions I get something different, but usually its the same standard experience, with the same entities, saying and doing the same stuff and so on. So, now it's mainly out of nostalgia, to regain a glimpse of what I have seen and refreshen the memory.
2. I started in 2021, stopped around the end of of 2021, and ever since then, I do it a couple of times a year.
3. probably around 60-70? other people have had many more experiences from my hand than I myself.
4. A complete and thorough "restructuring" of myself. I was taken apart and put together again, I became a different person, in a very very radical sense, in many ways a complete opposite of what I used to be. I have a radically different world view now, and I think and feel very differently. All in all, it showed me that there is more to life than what I used to think, that there is so much beauty and so much ugliness, and so much to be curious and fascinated about. DMT was certainly not the only thing which made it all happen, there are so many things which played into making me who I am today, but DMT was one of the most significant factors.
 
4) see #1 Do you listen to a song to get somewhere or to enjoy the music?

I'm not sure why, but while this was stated yesterday, I feel like I have been thinking about it for a while, and it feels like something I needed to hear to help limit my own rigidity. My work right now is learning how to enjoy myself fully.

One love

Admittedly - I could have done much better. It might sound like I'm doing DMT for nothing but its entertainment properties. Far from it!
At this point - it feels - practicing DMT has more to do with me staying grounded in what I became conscious of with psychedelics help in these past few years - than anything else. Honestly - and to my surprise - I've been feeling less pull from psychedelics lately...

And I'm with Pandora - wish my daily life had more space for cubes - I miss their much slower pace. But having so much uninterrupted time is a luxury which needs to be created - and here's where DMT absolutely shines.
 
Last edited:
Why?
Since how long?
How many times approximately have you done it?

What did you get out of it?
To explore in a more serious way to that which I did nearly 30 years ago.

DMT, about November!

I've documented about 12/13 sessions, not including little bits here and there.

Still exploring, only scratching the surface and trying to build a relationship with DMT and Harmalas, sometimes together, sometimes not.
 
Why?
Since how long?
How many times approximately have you done it?

What did you get out of it?
Trying to explain it would be like trying to explain true love.
about 20 years, about 5 years in between each time I found it.
at this point several hundred, How ever I recently came up on some, This number will triple before long.

When I was young I hurt my self really bad, at a very young age I was on a lot of painkillers, when I got into my early 20s my hard drug abuse skyrocketed and I lost about a decade to IV meth and heroin. Psychedelics have played a massive part in my recovery. I heroic dose mushrooms a couple times a year. (Normally about half an ounce.) While I love the experience and I do love how long it lasts, You get near DMT levels when you dose that large, The after effects, the feeling like you just woke up from the best dream ever, and you just feel kind of sad and burnt out. And that feeling tends to last till you can finally fall asleep and wake up after 8 hours. I like DMT because I can get in, and get out. My memory of my experiences is getting pretty good. I figure ill more likely than not do it a few times a week for a while at least.
 
1. I felt that I MUST do it.
2. August of this year.
3. I just did the best mental count I could, and it turns out I think I’ve done it less than I originally thought. My knee-jerk reaction was to say around ten times, but I think the actual count is six.
4. For starters, I got a complete ontological shift. At first it was so dramatic that, if I’m frank with you, it was heartbreaking. Then I came to a fairly quick acceptance of it.
What I’m getting from it now is a renewed pursuit of discovering who I am. A greater understanding that, despite everything I’ve done wrong in the past, I am loved and have always been loved. And with that knowledge, I can radiate more of that love toward others. So the drive now is to grow. Less judgment. More acceptance.

Who would have guessed that a couple of hits from a vape pen one evening in my apartment were going to start me on a whole new chapter of life?!

---- Insert page break in life here ----

It’s beautiful.
 
> Why?

I am not sure. I just find it absolutely fascinating. Kind of like scuba diving in a coral reef surrounded by strange creatures, but 1000x that. But as strange as it is, its also so familiar and welcoming. Its just incredbile.

> Since how long?

Since 2021 or so.

> How many times approximately have you done it?

Maybe 40-50 breakthroughs and dozens of smaller doses.

> What did you get out of it?

I am not sure. I cannot say it teaches me a ton, because its so quick and sometimes can somewhat black out the experience..

But what I get from it - - Just pure astonishment. I also feel its good for my brain... kind of like a reset -- and as I think science will eventaully support this.
 
Last edited:
I've been traveling since 2012 and have journeyed countless times.
I journey to explore this human experience to the fullest as the plants being intermediaries to the space. They are keys to a vast world where dreams are made of and the realms are limitless. I've never had the same experience twice and am left in the greatest state of appreciation and reverence that anything to date has left me. I feel like I'm tapping into something so sacred that it almost feels disrespectful to be accessing something so profound but am constantly reminded that it is for us to access this space with the help of the plants and to not be so hard on myself for feeling that way, it's just my level of respect that I have for it all.
To not take things so seriously that the best medicine is in the carefree and good will nature of the human spirit. I do feel a release of the cns of sorts with a breakthrough experience that is not achievable with other substances like lsd or psilocybin's less intense but more drawn out nature. Building up oneself's spirit to endure a breakthrough experience after their first is not for the faint of heart knowing that each draw from the pipe is a roll of the cosmic dice.
 
Back
Top Bottom