• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Why you should NOT take DMT

Migrated topic.
Gsal said:
I'm sorry but I find your use of the word "traumatic" to be a bit negative. Although the experience may be "other-worldly", my excursions to date have been nothing but wonderful. A beautiful, comforting place.
I would say that traumatic is very definitely right on the ball as a term for some DMT experiences and their aftermaths. Just as hyperspace can be a beautiful, comforting place it can also be the polar opposite of that.

We must lose the idea that what molecules like DMT can produce is simply states of bliss, love, comfort, oneness etc. etc. It is highly complacent and missing the fact that there are infinite sides to this coin, many of them not so friendly at all.

Excellent thread and I want to reiterate the low dose advice.

I started smoking DMT maybe two months ago and I've yet to have a breakthrough. I'm okay with this. I've had some amazing experiences and I know that when I'm ready I'll push through to the other side. As others have said, there's no rush.

My first DMT experience I went straight for a breakthrough dose, because everything I'd read suggested this was the way to do it. I ended up with a minute or two when I'm not sure what happened, I have no memory of it. I may have blacked out. I'm kinda a small guy (140-150 lbs depending on how hydrated I am) and loaded up a 50mg dose or so. It's possible that 50mg is simply to high of a dose for me. When I recovered from the blackout I got up out of my chair and spent time with my wife and son. I saw fractals everywhere for the next half an hour or so. I have no idea why the comedown lasted so long, in subsequent experiences I'm up for about five minutes and back to baseline in about 10. Perhaps this was another effect of taking a dose beyond what is good for my body weight.

While I value this experience because it really helped to bring my walls down and reconnect with my wife I've taken a 'hit the pipe until I'm comfortable' approach sense then and have had some amazing sub-breakthrough experiences. Maybe when I hit my first breakthrough I'll be singing a different song, but again I feel there's no reason to rush.

So what I'm saying is, enjoy the moment and don't be afraid to get your feet wet first :)

My first hit was somewhere between 50-100mgs. My roommate had loaded up .1 grams, tried it and claimed he got, "Nothing but heart racing and lightheadedness."(his first attempt at using too) He said I could finish the bowl and see what happens. As I torched it and got ready to hit it to the dome(not realizing how exponentially different it was than pot) I realized a lot of thick thick smoke was building up. I cleared the bong, and I was GONE.

GODHEAD, breaking through the breakthrough, felt as if my whole life had lead up to that hit. Complete immersion in the ALL. UNDESCRIBABLE really... The hit did me good in the long run, BUT, in the short run I dived deep into down drugs and narcotics to escape my new overly intense perception of reality and myself. Having everything I thought or believed in whipped out from under me in 10 minutes was ALOT to deal with. Although during this time I wistfully dreamed about my experience often. Using DMT again was FAR from my mind.

Once I got a handle on my health and habits(couple months over a year later) and began expanding my mind with reading and researching. The idea of using DMT again crept into my head. I joined the Nexus and continued to integrate my experience. Soon enough, I possessed DMT again and broke through. I've had less than 10 breakthroughs and many sub-breakthroughs, none of these experiences have come close to that first hit.

I'm glad I am back on the path. BUT, I was very close to NEVER touching DMT again. I hope I'll transcend that experience in the future but for now I'm slowly chugging along, and happy to be doing so.

Work your way up, for sure, jumping in above your head will tax you in ways you couldn't imagine...

No Knowing said:
My first hit was somewhere between 50-100mgs. My roommate had loaded up .1 grams, tried it and claimed he got, "Nothing but heart racing and lightheadedness."(his first attempt at using too) He said I could finish the bowl and see what happens. As I torched it and got ready to hit it to the dome(not realizing how exponentially different it was than pot) I realized a lot of thick thick smoke was building up. I cleared the bong, and I was GONE.

GODHEAD, breaking through the breakthrough, felt as if my whole life had lead up to that hit. Complete immersion in the ALL. UNDESCRIBABLE really... The hit did me good in the long run, BUT, in the short run I dived deep into down drugs and narcotics to escape my new overly intense perception of reality and myself. Having everything I thought or believed in whipped out from under me in 10 minutes was ALOT to deal with. Although during this time I wistfully dreamed about my experience often. Using DMT again was FAR from my mind.

Once I got a handle on my health and habits(couple months over a year later) and began expanding my mind with reading and researching. The idea of using DMT again crept into my head. I joined the Nexus and continued to integrate my experience. Soon enough, I possessed DMT again and broke through. I've had less than 10 breakthroughs and many sub-breakthroughs, none of these experiences have come close to that first hit.

I'm glad I am back on the path. BUT, I was very close to NEVER touching DMT again. I hope I'll transcend that experience in the future but for now I'm slowly chugging along, and happy to be doing so.

Work your way up, for sure, jumping in above your head will tax you in ways you couldn't imagine...

Hehe.. bongs will do it 😁

Especially when properly vaped/smoked in one hit. It's like nothing else. (besides clearing freebase in the GVG in one go)

As someone very new to DMT and psychedelics in general, let me ask: how do you know if you are ready and able to take the plunge?

I have had one experience with DMT, and I don't think I smoked it correctly, which I am very grateful for.
I had 20 mg, but I was using a glass piece and think I ended up breaking down more then I actually vaporized, and even that very threshold experience was terrifying. I feel almost like the drug was giving me a warning, or alternatively, protecting me.

At the same time, the things I saw where like shadows: lower dimensional representations of larger, more complex, higher dimensional shapes and constructs, and I so want to go back and continue to explore.
There's beauty there, and even more then that, there is a sort of dizzying perspective and the promise of new ways to look, conceptualize and understand.

How do you know you are ready?
CAN you know you're ready?
Or do you have to take the plunge and hope?

very nice to see that people are aware that this is not for everyone, i couldn't agree more. if you have taken other psychadelics and think that all of them are interesting, well this one is too.. but as the original poster stated it will change your perceptions and have you ending up with endless questions, especially if you are searching for answers. i have had many people tell me they want to try it and i deny them, not because of greed, but because i KNOW they arent ready for it. these people have used lsd mdma and mushrooms etc.. but by the way they live and think you can tell they are not ready. their perception of reality is ground into their head, and everything supernatural is fake in their mind. at least in my opinion anyway, so i will not introduce anyone to it. it is unlike anything that is explainable. when you describe the trips to people who have never done it, they become fascinated of the idea of how intense it is. the thing they do not know is that its not just a simple sit back and watch weird things happen kind of thing. the feelings and interactions you have after a full breakthrough are mind boggling and most people dont understand that its not a conscious trip that you can think clearly and control your physical body.

you have to be ready for the leap of faith, and be completely aware that everything your conscious mind perceives as "real" is only a perception but still be able to live an everyday life knowing that what you see and feel in the trip is also just an altered perception and know the differences between them and keep an open mind.

Nathanial.Dread said:
As someone very new to DMT and psychedelics in general, let me ask: how do you know if you are ready and able to take the plunge?

I have had one experience with DMT, and I don't think I smoked it correctly, which I am very grateful for.
I had 20 mg, but I was using a glass piece and think I ended up breaking down more then I actually vaporized, and even that very threshold experience was terrifying. I feel almost like the drug was giving me a warning, or alternatively, protecting me.

At the same time, the things I saw where like shadows: lower dimensional representations of larger, more complex, higher dimensional shapes and constructs, and I so want to go back and continue to explore.
There's beauty there, and even more then that, there is a sort of dizzying perspective and the promise of new ways to look, conceptualize and understand.

a small dose like you are describing is very strange but just the very beginning of it. the first times i used it, i wasnt exactly sure how to smoke it, and wasnt able to break through. i dont believe that one knows they are ready or not, its more of a leap of faith, and you have to be open minded. always ask yourself "why am i doing this" and if you cant come up with a logical answer then you probably arent doing it for the right reason, therefor probably not ready.

Nathanial.Dread said:

IMHO no one is ever ready for DMT.

Even those of us with long and powerful histories with Spice are not "ready" for the experience. Because of this, you could say anyone and everyone are as ready as they will ever be.

The better question is generally are you able to use this extraordinary experience or not. The only way to know this is to take the plunge. Unless the experience is counterindicated for some reason (your health both mental and physical), most people can handle 5 minutes in Hyperspace... well, at least they will get through it and not be too drastically altered. After that, it will be clear if there is a need for you to continue deeper down the rabbit hole or if you are someone who should leave well enough alone.

Sorry to be cryptic. It is just like that.

vovin said:
Not many will make a genuine effort to convince you that this might not be for you. Here we in the nexus realize the ramifications of this path. You cannot simply forget what will prove to be one of the most powerful experiences you will ever have in your life.

If DMT accomplishes nothing else it does do one thing, it alters perceptions beyond what the common mind can attain through conventional means, it opens doors, some which you may not be prepared to go through. It is a traumatic experience that is profound, intense and life changing for many, the most powerful mind altering experience a human being will most likely ever undertake.

The journey takes a great deal of faith in one’s own faculties to catapult themselves into this unknown territory, even more to deal with what comes thereafter. In the end you must decide if you are ready for such an undertaking and you must also realize that DMT offers very few answers, just bigger questions and a little perspective to let you see your life, our state of being, and the underlying framework of it all.

I promise you who are seeking answers you will have far more questions once you have broken through to the other side than you did before. Many of those initial questions will only grow deeper and more complex, you cannot unlearn what you see, for some at certain points in life ignorance is bliss, adding burden to an already struggling mind will afford no relief. This is a path that takes considerable dedication as well as mental discipline. It is so easy to lose oneself in a world that is far more real than the one in which you exist now.

There is no beginner level with this path. It’s all at once, choose wisely and think on this, you have a lifetime to experience things. Are you ready to take such a step at this point in life? DMT will always be here for you this experience will never vanish completely from the world. Sometimes waiting later in life makes this undertaking all that more beneficial. It is not a sprint to the end, it is a long marathon. Pace yourself, be sure you are ready, it is hard to turn back, for some it is impossible, this is not a game there are real consequences to this journey.

Hey, thanks for the post,

one thing that bothers me is alot fo people say what you say but no one really tells us exactly what to expect. I can sort of imagine what your saying and assume i find your self in another world where it would feel and seem as real as here.

But can you please explain why you need to be diciplined and strong?
What is there?
what are the concerns or possible consequences?
Will you be attacked by demons and evil spirits?
If you were to put your exprience into a movie what would it be like?

i still havnt had the chance to try it and im trying to learn as much as i can about it before i do as i know how powerful the drug and the exprience is, so if you can answer my questions and even though i undrestand everyone might have a diffrent exprience with it, if you could tell me from your exprience what i can exepect in detail i would much appriciate it.

thanks

sc001 said:

hmm...like Tron and Avatar had a mutant baby and it was lit by the light of a host of coloured lasers, whilst God twangs your emotions for a thousand years...

But better...:thumb_up:

I think there are explainable,projectable things(like visions,sounds,some physical feelings) and unexplainable things with DMT.Explainable things, similar with other psychedelics can be explain and can make a movie with these.They also may cause some trauma like a horror movie maybe,however they may be nice like a romance movie.But I guess actual trauma may comes from the unexplainable section.But problem is unaxplainable section is simply unaxplainable and also unpredictable.So I think there is no way or a short way to prepare for it.For this reason there's no meaning of trying to be strong or need to be diciplined.You can decide to you are ready or not ready for this only after done this I think.

march said:
I think there are explainable,projectable things(like visions,sounds,some physical feelings) and unexplainable things with DMT.Explainable things, similar with other psychedelics can be explain and can make a movie with these.They also may cause some trauma like a horror movie maybe,however they may be nice like a romance movie.But I guess actual trauma may comes from the unexplainable section.But problem is unaxplainable section is simply unaxplainable and also unpredictable.So I think there is no way or a short way to prepare for it.For this reason there's no meaning of trying to be strong or need to be diciplined.You can decide to you are ready or not ready for this only after done this I think.

Does it work on the same principle of Sleep Pralysis/Dream state in the sence that what you see and exprience are the manifestation of your feelings and fears etc?

as in if you feel scared and have fear inside you your bound to see/exprience scary things which match your feelings and vise versa if you feel happy and love?

sc001 said:
Does it work on the same principle of Sleep Pralysis/Dream state in the sence that what you see and exprience are the manifestation of your feelings and fears etc?

as in if you feel scared and have fear inside you your bound to see/exprience scary things which match your feelings and vise versa if you feel happy and love?

I think DMT trip is similar to sleep paralysis or OBE in some aspects.I can say it's much more similar than any other psychedelics.But unexplainable,individual features are different and really individual itself.However I think some dreams or sleep paralysis or OBEs may also cause deep traumas with a unique feeling and maybe close degrees to DMT.If you live sleep paralysis,lucid dreams and OBEs, I can say you probably have nothing to fear about DMT traumas.However it's just my opinion.

By the way you cannot escape from a DMT trip whenever you want unlike sleep paralysis or OBE as a main difference I think.

march said:
sc001 said:

I think DMT trip is similar to sleep paralysis or OBE in some aspects.I can say it's much more similar than any other psychedelics.But unexplainable,individual features are different and really individual itself.However I think some dreams or sleep paralysis or OBEs may also cause deep traumas with a unique feeling and maybe close degrees to DMT.If you live sleep paralysis,lucid dreams and OBEs, I can say you probably have nothing to fear about DMT traumas.However it's just my opinion.

yes im very exprienced with lucid dreaming and sleep pralysis and have exprienced deeply traumatic expriences with unusual expriences with evil charectors. But i know they are manifestation of the fear, as when you drop the fear those charectors go away or if you feel yourself with love and treat the demonic charectors with love they will no longer be hostile

While on a DMT trip are you usually lucid?

sc001 said:
But can you please explain why you need to be diciplined and strong?
Because some of what DMT can show you is hard to deal with and difficult to integrate. Suddenly throwing what you understood to be reality out of the window is not something for those with a weak constitution.

sc001 said:
What is there?
Who knows? Anyone who claims to have the answer for this probably doesn't.

sc001 said:
what are the concerns or possible consequences?
Messing with your understanding of the way reality works is not easy or simple and the consequences can be immense. It can leave some feeling dissociated, confused, alarmed, uncomfortable, can introduce delusional thoughts. The list goes on.

sc001 said:
Will you be attacked by demons and evil spirits?
If you believe in demons and spirits you may well end up in such a scenario. If you don't believe in demons or spirits you may well feel you have been attacked by something and call the experience something different. Maybe you may go from one standpoint to the other.

sc001 said:
For me the experience is so various there's no way I could describe it in these terms. I have been from the cartoon-like to the highly technical, hyperreal to extreme abstraction. It goes on and on. I don't often see experiences that I could call stereotypical.

sc001 said:
yes im very exprienced with lucid dreaming and sleep pralysis and have exprienced deeply traumatic expriences with unusual expriences with evil charectors. But i know they are manifestation of the fear, as when you drop the fear those charectors go away or if you feel yourself with love and treat the demonic charectors with love they will no longer be hostile

While on a DMT trip are you usually lucid?

I don't know what do you mean with lucid but it's not like dream.Although I think there are many kinds of dreams or many states in dreams but it's not like dream actually.But I think there's a connection with how you feel(maybe it's not the proper word I don't know) in both of DMT trip and some dreams and also OBE.

By the way it wasn't traumatic for me so I just can estimate why it may be traumatic for somebody.I haven't felt the fear but I've felt an extraordinary astonishment.Maybe this astonishing thing cause trouble to someones.Have you ever taken any psychedelic drug before?

For me lucidity varies wildly. Sometimes I know I've ingested DMT, other times I have no idea what DMT is, who I am and what anything else is. The experience may also sit anywhere between these opposites.

So from what i hear i think i should be ok on DMT then, im no the person who believes this so called "physical" reality is all there is, im well aware of the dffrent dimensions of reality and the fact that we are alive in all these diffrent realities at the same time and it just depends on what frequency your mind or third eye is operating in and that is the reality you will exprience. I'm also very familiar with the spritual world or the invisible world all around us and the fact that everything we see or feel are just frequencies and our mind makes up the illusion and gives it shape and colour etc etc.

I think i undrestand and have a good idea of what to expect, as people made it seem like a very scary and dangerous exprience etc, but i know there are many people out there that have little idea about diffrent realities and states of conciousness and i can see how it could be a terrifying exprience for them and might even make some people go crazy, but from what i hear i should be ok to try it

d*l*b said:
For me lucidity varies wildly. Sometimes I know I've ingested DMT, other times I have no idea what DMT is, who I am and what anything else is. The experience may also sit anywhere between these opposites.

Does lucidity means ambiguity?I just remembered something after you said that;I also forgot I've taken DMT while tripping sometime.Memories and thoughts were blurry in this time.I remember that I was wandering 3 or 4 words in my head in this time.But I just could be able to remember one word after blurrines passed and it was ''mercedes''.I tried to remember others but I couldn't.I guess they aren't bmw and audi but is there any chance to remember other words soon? :) I mean do you remember any unremembered details days or months after the trip?

Back
Top Bottom