• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

A/B Bufotenine extraction (need help) (PICS)

Migrated topic.

Jotunheim

Rising Star
Hey Nexus members.

I'm currently neck deep in a very tiresome, long, and possibly failing Bufotenine extraction. I'm here to enlighten my dilettantish mind, enrich an unprovoked understanding of mind-expanding psychedelics, and learn from those educated beings that bare forth into unknown water. I hope to explore there too. But in the present situation, I'm very wrapped around this extraction. I followed Noman's TEK accordingly. (It's the one he posted in a well known thread about 5-HO.) I took a concentrated, filtered solution of IPA and vinegar water containing the alkaloids, and brought it down. I added large amounts of sodium carbonate until it took a 'sand-like' clustered profile. Stirred it for a while and let it sit. The mixture doesn't smell much at all. I can associate a small 'fishy' smell but that's it.
When does freebasing occur?
I stirred the solution a LOT to break it up. Maybe during this period? Afterwards I smelled it but it only had a vague smell of fish and latex. Nothing strong. Could it be possible it was bicarbonate? I'm curious about this. I know that failure is common when you're first going at an extraction. I've probably been smelling too much vinegar and Isopropyl alcohol and I've become delusional.
:surprised
Would it be safe to nuke dry? Like periodically then cooling it down.
[update: This seemed pretty safe. Nothing bad happened, the Bufotenine didn't vaporize!]
The freebase melts at around 300 Fahrenheit. To be safe, I'd throw it in for a minute, cool it, and repeat. [update: only once dried it pretty thoroughly]
From there, I'm going to powder it and dissolve it in some 100% Acetone I got for that purpose. I'll see what that yields. The defat / filtrations seemed to pull a TON of the precipitated junk. My final juice was clear bright yellow under light...

I'll update with more pics and news if I break through. Thanks everyone.


UPDATE: unfortunately the acetone evaporated yielded a little under 40mg of sticky black tar. Horrible yeild. I'm keen on trying a salt TEK so I can precipitate the Bufotenine straight out of the solution instead of spending many hours evaporating
. :thumb_dow Anybody reading this who plans on doing any sort of extraction whatsoever– patience is the key to success!!
 

Attachments

  • image.png
    image.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image.png
    image.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom