• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Calamus and Mushrooms

Jammr

Rising Star
Joined
Feb 15, 2024
Messages
65
Merits
42
Anyone have any experience with this combo? I've searched around a bit and haven't found anything. SWIM has so far been able to stay off cigarettes (hand-rolled) for a few days by chewing calamus root every time he gets the urge to smoke, and was wondering how it mixes with mushrooms. SWIM understands that calamus is a great potentiator, and was wondering if anyone's tried mixing the two.
 
Nope, but I would like to know how it's like, tell us more, there shouldn't be any discomfort.
 
Right, so I took my normal dose of cubes while hiking this afternoon and munched on a spoonfull of calamus root every hour or so, swallowing the juice but discarding the pulp. There was definite potentiation, had real nice visuals, more than I usually get from the same amount of cubes. There was a touch of nausea though, due to the really bitter taste of the root. Might be too much to handle for most people, I'm pretty much immune to nausea unless I do something really really stupid. So, I'd have to say it wasn't really worth it, could have taken half a gram more cubes for the same effect and no bitterness to deal with. On its own, chewing calamus root has a nice amphetamine-type effect on me, but it's way too bitter to be enjoyable.
 
Thanks for the report, Jammr. These are the weird combinations which interest me endlessly, and make a good contribution to the Nexus.
 
BananaForeskin said:
Thanks for the report, Jammr. These are the weird combinations which interest me endlessly, and make a good contribution to the Nexus.

Thanks and hey... Trey Spruance (your avatar) is a genius 8)
 
Ok, so I think I know what happened with the nausea yesterday -- pretty sure I took too much calamus. I laid off it all day today, but after a rather heavy meal, wine, and a 2-hour drive, I got back home feeling a little tired with a minor headache. I just chewed on a really small square of root and in 5 minutes the headache's gone and I feel like I just had a shot of coffee. Definitely an interesting herb.
 
Back
Top Bottom