• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

TEK Converting CBD to THC using only Zeolite and heat.

This topic contain a TEK
Migrated topic.
I did this conversion some time ago and it worked good. I did not bother myself with oxygen removal, my goal was to obtain a mixture of delta8, delta9 and CBD.
I also accidentaly discovered KOH test for CBD presence - after oven treatment and cooling, zeolite/product mixture was dissolved in benzine to separate product from zeolite, and benzine was dried with few dry granules of KOH. Granules turned purple, which was surprising for me, as at that time I was not aware of that behaviour. It also means that my conversion was not complete, which is totally ok.
I use it as an edible and its effects are slightly different from normal cannabis - milder but not weaker, not so immersive.
I would say that I have now experience with a different section of cannabinoids scale. I like delta8. :)

Hello there forum members :D

So, a couple of questions. Can we then reuse the zeolite? I would like to try but I'm still kind of unsure as for temperatures and such. Is preheating an oven, then ~25 minutes of 150c good? Anyone tested more or less ? If one would go for most delta 9x...

Hello there forum members :D

So, a couple of questions. Can we then reuse the zeolite? I would like to try but I'm still kind of unsure as for temperatures and such. Is preheating an oven, then ~25 minutes of 150c good? Anyone tested more or less ? If one would go for most delta 9x...
30 minutes with a a 25g batch was too short for full conversion. It still had about 20% CBD in the end product.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Next step:

Finding an easy way to separate Delta-8-THC from Delta-9-THC.

I was thinking about making different salt forms and check if one of them would cause a difference in polar/non-polar absorption compared between the 8 and 9.

Any good suggestions for which acid for salting would probably give hypothetically the best result?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Hi,
You can't make salt forms of either. Your best luck is column chromatography for purification. If you don't mind using chemicals you can selectively cbd -> DX THC by using different solvent systems and rxn durations.

Afaik DCM + TsOH is selective to d8 and toluene + TsOH for d9

Regards,
famine

If you was to try 3 or at tops 5 different conversions for lab testing (we're aiming at max delta 9, and 100% thc conversion) at what preheated temperatures and timeframes would you try?

Taking the last reply from Traveler into account I was thinking 35 and 40 m at 150c and 30 m 180c maybe do a 120-130c and 1-2h ?

Not too sure if cbd or thc would survive 180c though..

With these results we would know where to aim at least?

Back
Top Bottom