• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DMT tastes very bad/chemical and numbs my lips

JM434

Rising Star
Hello.

I have used DMT first time last Summer with a vape pen, ever since i got it from a certain early timeline and never had any problems. i have tried it at first with 510 vape pens, later with sub ohm coils with 18650 battery kits. i never had any problems. the DMT always tasted very earthy (kinda like smelling fresh mycelium) or like the smell of masks made of rubber/gum.

the DMT from then always looked slightly yellowish and very clear fine powder. i always mixed it in 50vg/pg juice 1gram per ML and put it in hot water bath. the juice was yellow and clear.

then (out of curiousity) i got some DMT from somewhere else, the DMT was also yellowish, but when i mixed it into ejuice, it had little white dots remaining in it that didnt dissolve (i didnt think anything of it), but when i tried it, the DMT taste was very chemical, as if i was vaping benzin/gas/parfume and it made my throat burn and my lips felt like becoming numb. i took a smell from my PG afterwards and it smelled a bit like parfume, so i assumed that it was because of the PG.

then finally, some mimosa bark and heptane fell from the sky and i wanted to try extracting it myself for the first time. i did everything exactly by the Gordotek method (but with heptane instead of naphta) and all bowls and instruments used for the extraction have been newly bought, wiped with 70% isopropyl and made out of stainless steel or glass. the environment was very clean and everything has been sterilized and cleaned properly.

so after the reduction, i put the solvent into a glass bowl and put it slightly tilted into the freezer and left it there over night. the crystals came out completely WHITE. (i didnt recrystallize) on the next day i rotated the plate and left it there for another night.
on the 3rd day, i discarded the solvent and left the crystals openly on a bowl with a weak fan blowing on it and let it dry for another entire day.
then as with all the other DMT, i put it in a hot water bath with ejuice and again i saw white little dots that didnt dissolve and the liquid looked only very slightly yellowish, less yellow than the other ejuice i got from before.

however the taste was exact the same as from the second DMT. it was extremely chemical and my lips tingled/got numb and i just couldnt smoke it.
that has made me figure that the second DMT was shit, just like the DMT i extracted myself. the liquid (PG) was never the problem.

i personally have no idea what this is and why this happens, but i think there is still solvent remaining with the DMT and i wanted to ask what i can do to improve the experience and extract and vape the DMT so its just as awesome as from the first DMT. can i maybe heat the crystals in a bowl without solvent so it melts and then freeze it again without adding any additional solvent into it?
should i let the crystals give more time to dry? should i let it dry in a vacuum? has anyone ever had a similar experience and can tell me what this is?
i have read in another thread here that this taste is normal and im supposed to get used to it, but after vaping the DMT from supplier1, there is no way for me to have any less of an experience than from the first DMT. pls help me

Last edited:
Solution
Ofc 🤦‍♂️I somehow forgot to read in German 😆 You might want to save that heptane for recrystallizing your product, and use ordinary otc naphtha for the initial extractions if you're planning on doing any more.

The rationale and implementation DMT citrate in vape juice can be found here:
unfortunately i cant get my hands on dry acetone, so i have ordered IPA.
also i purchased petrol ether(Wundbenzin) for medical purposes since i also cant get my hands on VM&P Naphta.
lets see what happens.
Acetone you would have to dry for yourself using anhydrous magnesium sulfate. Cans of acetone are available at any Baumarkt.

Wundbenzin should be fine for a re-x too. Remember to do a small evaporation test with any new solvents!

for my first self extracted DMT i took fresh liquid. after tasting the harshness, i checked by vaping the base itself and it was fine.
also i actually also vaped the sole liquid that i thought that it was bad, because it smelled chemical. and even though it smelled bad, it still didnt bother me at all to vape it.

the insoluble specks came from the 2nd DMT and i dont know to this day what this could have been. i reported this to my friend but he couldnt tell me yet what that was.

now i know that DMT by general can irritate my lungs. where others who vaped the same (first) DMT as me said that it kinda hurts their lungs, it doesnt hurt me at all. i feel a slight pressure, but it doesnt bother me one bit. its not unpleasant to me. i am used to strong smoke from my past when i used to smoke weed through the bong.
i also vape nicotine on 34 watts where others start coughing immediately, i can take a full hit without being bothered by the pressure at all.

but with the 2nd and my own DMT its different. i mean the feeling of irritation is different, which also doesnt really bother me, but the chemical (NOT BURNT) taste does, the throat irritation and numb LIPS (was about to type limbs again :p)

since like i said, i have got no feedback to my report yet, i can only assume its just bad work, dirty substance, but im no expert.
on my own DMT however there was nothing insoluble and yet it felt exactly the same as the 2nd DMT
Had this one on the back burner, so to speak, since it's a tad mysterious how one batch can be smooth and another one harsh. Is it the stars, the direction of the wind, or maybe something to do with vibes or intentions? The molecule can be capricious and mysterious, sven outside of the CNS. Hope you can get to the bottom of this!

Back
Top Bottom