• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Extracting DMT from Mimosa Hostilis properly

your fortunate here you have some good resources to limit any future ones! :)
Absolutely! I really trust u guys.

I have one last question, just to be sure 🙈
It’s about the 2nd pull:
Can I scrape it off normally with a blade and then wash it again with naptha? Is it safe to smoke or do I have to do it the way @Transform suggested?

Thanks in advance!

perlon, looking at your photos, what you’ve got looks identical to myself. It was my first ever extraction and I too used MHRB although mine was pre powdered S/B. I had convinced myself that I possibly should have given more time for crystal formation or as I was reading possibly a slower gentler cooling process. But it is the reason for my attendance on this site today. I too had questions regarding its appearance, it seems very light and fluffy. I haven’t been weighing my doses but have been a lil underwhelmed, maybe I think I’m having more than I am???

It got me wondering though, how much does the DMT extracted from MH differ if at all from DMT extracted from some of the more common acacias. Would be interesting to see a comparison. Appearance/If any noticeable difference in the experience from 1 source to another. I haven’t found information yet but if anyone can redirect me.

I too had questions regarding its appearance, it seems very light and fluffy. I haven’t been weighing my doses but have been a lil underwhelmed, maybe I think I’m having more than I am???
Yes, you need to weigh your doses - eyeballing will (obviously) lead to the situation you're experiencing or the converse, which could be traumatising if you were to eyeball a dose of much denser crystals as though they were the fluffy material. @Voidmatrix has a picture around here somewhere of two different batches of DMT side by side which illustrates the matter very well - the fluffy material has over twice the volume of the denser stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up. So what weight would be a confident but not excessive weight? Because of the fluffiness, the weight compared to volume made little sense that I totally disregarded. Also because if I was to believe in gravity and therefore accepts the scales readings then I wasn’t happy with my yield and wasn’t ready to go there. Maybe you can help some more, with the MH STB method

It’s the Naptha washes, after pouring off excess Naptha back into solution after reaching a min of room temp. Do I ever pour in a fresh quantity of Naptha or only the original quantity?

Have a quick read through of these things and get back to us if it's still confusing you:
FAQ - DMT Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Guide - DMT-Nexus Wiki
Category:Extraction Tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki

Noman's tek - DMT-Nexus Wiki

It’s the Naptha washes, after pouring off excess Naptha back into solution after reaching a min of room temp. Do I ever pour in a fresh quantity of Naptha or only the original quantity?
The question here is a bit unclear. Do you mean for the naphtha pulls from the base soup? (Apols for technical lingo, that's how it is round here!)

Once the freeze precipitation is complete, you can reuse the same naphtha for further pulls, topping up losses (e.g., from evaporation) as required by adding fresh naphtha.

This has the advantage of using naphtha that's pre-saturated [in terms of freezer temperatures] after the freeze precipitation, but the disadvantage that you're waiting for 12 - 24 hours between pulls.

Using fresh naphtha for each pull and freezing the pulls either individually or all at once, combined or uncombined, is quicker but leaves more DMT 'trapped' in the larger volume of naphtha after the freeze precipitation. The methods for recovering this relatively insignificant amount of DMT are all pretty simple, though, even if the same naphtha can be used practically indefinitely and therefore may as well be left 'saturated' with the post-freeze residue.

Back
Top Bottom