• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Extracting DMT with ethanol, vinegar and sodium carbonate

Migrated topic.
Evaporating nearly a liter of acetone per 50 g of bark is wasteful. Perhaps you could rather add FASA or benzoic acid to the acetone, which could then be reused for future extractions.

As for goo/wax, see here: "Enough GOO questions! read this"

Yes incredibly wasteful. I wouldn't do it again. Distilation would be better. How else would you drop out freebase without freeze precipitation following this tech.

Probably better to extract plant material with acidic water, evaporate, defat with non polar solvent, basify, dry, extract freebased dimethyltryptmine with 250 ml acetone and evaporate.

Supposedly freebased DMT solubility in acetone at room temperature is around 1 gram per 100 ml.

Last edited:
Supposedly freebased DMT solubility in acetone at room temperature is around 1 gram per 100 ml.
I suspect it's even higher solubility than that. Push up the temperature and you can really dissolve a lot of DMT in acetone. I'm not sure whether it has been attempted, but I think a variation of the bufotenine extraction tek could be another simple way to quickly yield relatively pure DMT benzoate.

It might go something like this:
1) Mix 50 g bark with 12.5 g sodium carbonate
2) Add 75 g water
3) Allow to sit for 60 min
4) Air dry completely or use a microwave (might help lyse the cell walls) or oven at 70 °C
5) Do 3 x 75-100 ml boiling acetone extractions. Acetone must be dry.
6) Decant/filter acetone... Or maybe use a french press.
6) Combine acetone and add 3 g benzoic acid or until no more clouding is observed
7) Allow to crystalise overnight

This worked beautifully for me with Anandenanthera colubrina seeds even without a defat and yielded very high. Probably the quickest extraction I've performed. TLC revealed only 1 visible spot.

I
Yes incredibly wasteful. I wouldn't do it again. Distilation would be better. How else would you drop out freebase without freeze precipitation following this tech.

Probably better to extract plant material with acidic water, evaporate, defat with non polar solvent, basify, dry, extract freebased dimethyltryptmine with 250 ml acetone and evaporate.

I’m fairly sure it’s higher than that.. I’ve dissolved much more than a gram in less than 100ml

Back
Top Bottom