• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

first baby pics of the season

Migrated topic.
More pins today. These are right outside the bathrooms at a very poplular (and well-hunted) park where I haven't seen anything for 8 years. I am hoping the efforts of people to get these things to become more prolific over the last several years are paying off. These are actually in a spot where I poured a gallon of black spore water 4 years ago, which I seriously doubt resulted in this. Still cool tho. They prolly won't make it to maturity and with the location- people often relieve themselves AROUND the bathrooms in this park for various reasons- I will prolly just leave them alone. I learned my lesson last year with the case of ghiardia from eating poop-shrooms (from an organic garden, not human waste, but still)

Attachments

• 20211027_093652%5B1%5D.jpg
    20211027_093652%5B1%5D.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 1
Man it has been a rather sparse season for me. I have been a little busy and haven't been able to devote as much time to recon and finding new spots, but what I am finding other than a few big fruits have been really slow growing and very small at mature stage. I was watching two gigantic patches for 3 each each and they never got bigger than dime-size caps and spindly long stems. Places that normally fruit have not yet. I have a theory that large agaricus flushes early in the season indicate poor conditions for cyans. I think our 117F heat wave did something to the myc during the summer and it just didn't have time to develop. I also havent had acess to a vehicle and am living out in the boonies so havent even checked a couple spots where I collected large amounts last year. Another factor is that last year the park maintenance was at a minimal level, and this year lots of new, deep chips were recently spread and they are doing a lot of herbicide sparaying... Dammit.

Back
Top Bottom